Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Not sure how anybody could boo JDS after that fight. MMA fans can be incredibly stupid.

No kidding. Those "fans" booed a lot tonight when they shouldn't have. If you want to watch boxing...go watch boxing.

Anyways...Man, Cain mauled JDS. I did not expect that. I would love to see Cain-Cormier soon. I think their wrestling would cancel out and they both have really heavy hands. I think it would be a hell of a fight. I think we will see it eventually, but we will probably see JDS-Cain III first, especially since Cormier still has another fight on Jan. 12 and they will probably give him another fight before challenging for the UFC belt.

But regardless of all that. well done, Cain.

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 01:08 AM ----------

I was never a fan of Joe. I do admire his passion for mma though and he can be a nut hugger.

Oh, he absolutely has favorites, but I think he does a great job for the most part. The only other guy that I think could do a really good job as a color man on a UFC broadcast is Militech, and I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. Plus Joe brings in some casual fans, and that means extra bucks.

No kidding. Those "fans" booed a lot tonight when they shouldn't have. If you want to watch boxing...go watch boxing.

Anyways...Man, Cain mauled JDS. I did not expect that. I would love to see Cain-Cormier soon. I think their wrestling would cancel out and they both have really heavy hands. I think it would be a hell of a fight. I think we will see it eventually, but we will probably see JDS-Cain III first, especially since Cormier still has another fight on Jan. 12 and they will probably give him another fight before challenging for the UFC belt.

But regardless of all that. well done, Cain.

Cain & Cormier are teammates, already said they won't fight.

After his last Strikeforce fight, I expect Cormier to start dieting to get down to 205 soon. Hopefully the cut goes better than it did in the past.

Edited by StillUnknown

I DVRed the postfight show, and one minute into it, I want to turn it off. Karyn Bryant is anchoring it, and I have flashbacks to EliteXC. I can't stand her. Jay Glazer gets a little annoying at times, but I would take him every time over Bryant. She is a mess.

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 01:50 AM ----------

Missed the fights tonight.

Sounds like Cain won?

In dominating fashion. Very impressive.

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 01:51 AM ----------

Missed the fights tonight.

Sounds like Cain won?

In dominating fashion. Very impressive.

Can't believe the contrast in Cain and JDS' fights with one another. I've been speechless. Neither fight was competitive. Wow. That's all you can say. JDS seemed invulnerable up to last night, he was cracking everyone. He and Anderson train together, I'm thinking they have epic sparring sessions...then Cain Velasquez rolls up in there and makes it seem like JDS hasn't trained in a few months. JDS looked like Roy Nelson in their fight with one another. Shocking to see, really.

Another simply amazing thing is how clear-cut fights have been lately at lightweight. Jim Miller bludgeons Joe Lauzon, Jim Miller (and Donald Cerrone) gets absolutely annihilated by Nate Diaz. Then, Nate Diaz gets absolutely ****ing destroyed by Bendo. Lightweight and Heavyweight are wide open.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Hoping this means we get to see JDS vs Overeem in 2013 if Overeem beats Big Foot on Super Bowl weekend. I've been waiting for that fight for years now and a lot of smack talk has gone on which would create a great grudge match not to mention a stand up war.

Overeem will get Cain if he beats Bigfoot.

Happy trails Dan Severn, retired earlier this week.

Total 127

Wins 101

By knockout 17

By submission 60

By decision 24

Losses 19

By knockout 3

By submission 9

By decision 7

Draws 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpg9Ej1iO6I&list=FLW8RpJ0xpCw2ksG7LPQahFA&index=2

Severn: Well you know I been wondering John... if I had a bicycle and I travel 10mph and a train travels at 50mph and I got to travel a 30 minute distance, how many apples does Mary have left in the basket?

McCarthy: She's got a monkey... good luck and fight smart

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I can't wait to see Cormier/Mir. It will be a decent test for Cormier but I think he's going to beat up on Mir pretty good.

I'm hoping that Roger and Jacare make their way to the UFC as well.

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 11:19 PM ----------

iT7KS7sFsK8fS.gif

and Marquardt's leg today:

method=get&s=nate-marquardt-01-13-13-19-35-41-484.jpg

I'm hoping that Roger and Jacare make their way to the UFC as well.

No love for Mousasi? I've been wanting to see him in the UFC for a long time now. He has high level striking and a good submission game as well. Obviously his weakness is wrestling but he has committed full time to training in the States with wrestlers in the last year.

No love for Mousasi? I've been wanting to see him in the UFC for a long time now. He has high level striking and a good submission game as well. Obviously his weakness is wrestling but he has committed full time to training in the States with wrestlers in the last year.

No, I like Mousasi a lot actually, I hope he comes over to the UFC too. I also failed to mention Josh Barnett, but I'm assuming that the UFC will give him a contract.