Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

It's difficult to watch a fight where the guy finishes that strong and doesn't get the decision.

Ya especially since the fight was extremely close. I gave McCall the first round by the takedown. I can't recall but I am pretty sure he atleast passed Johnson's guard which scores IMO. Ya Johnson got back to his feet but McCall wasn't swept.

It's difficult to watch a fight where the guy finishes that strong and doesn't get the decision.

McCall is going to be sick when he looks at this fight again and see how close he was to finishing in the 3rd when he started showboating.

Ya especially since the fight was extremely close. I gave McCall the first round by the takedown. I can't recall but I am pretty sure he atleast passed Johnson's guard which scores IMO. Ya Johnson got back to his feet but McCall wasn't swept.

I didn't think his takedowns with no damage and little time spent on the ground mattered as much as Mighty Mouse's striking in the first. I thought MM clearly won that round on the feet, and they only spent like less than a minute total on the ground from the two takedowns.

Edited by StillUnknown

I thought Johnson won round 2 and round 1 was the round in question.

I thought round 2 was the closest of the set. :ols:

I could justify just about every score imaginable for that fight with the exception of a 30-27 for MM.

Bendavidez vs. MM will be a fun fight though, I wanted to see that one when they were still at 135.

how much money do these guys make?

It varies alot from fighter to fighter.

Champions get six figure checks + considerable win bonus + a % PPV revenue.

Lower tiered guys just getting in get around 8k to fight + 8k if they win.

There are also 50-75k performance bonuses for Knockout of the Night, Submission of the night, & Fight of the Night.

Edited by StillUnknown

It varies alot from fighter to fighter.

Champions get six figure checks + considerable win bonus + a % PPV revenue.

Lower tiered guys just getting in get around 8k to fight + 8k if they win.

There are also 50-75k performance bonuses for Knockout of the Night, Submission of the night, & Fight of the Night.

Hard to believe the top earner only makes $1.5M. I wonder if that includes PPV revenue? If it does, these guys are getting ripped off.

http://www.tapology.com/forum/open/179347-Top_50_Money_earners_in_the_UFC_

Hard to believe the top earner only makes $1.5M. I wonder if that includes PPV revenue? If it does, these guys are getting ripped off.

http://www.tapology.com/forum/open/179347-Top_50_Money_earners_in_the_UFC_

Its hard to say because most fighters won't talk about how much they're making on the record. Although GSP, said in an interview a while back, he cleared close to 3mil after one of his fights.

Its hard to say because most fighters won't talk about how much they're making on the record. Although GSP, said in an interview a while back, he cleared close to 3mil after one of his fights.

That sounds about right... maybe they make most of their money from sponsorships.

Thats messed up for both fighters. Johnson gets blown off his high of thinking he won a big fight, McCall doesn't get the same advantage he would've had going into a sudden death 4th round tonight.

The only good news is we get to see them rematch because it was a great fight.