Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle Set for Co-Main Event of Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey

Rumors of a bout between Gegard Mousasi and Mike Kyle have spread at various times over the last year. In fact, the duo seemed destined to meet in both April and September of 2011 before various issues sidetracked the pairing from being made.

Now, it's on again.

Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that the Mousasi-Kyle matchup has been agreed to as the co-main event of March 3's Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey event.

Mousasi (32-3-2) was last seen just over one month ago, showing improved takedown defense to go with his usual aggressive striking game en route to a unanimous decision over Ovince St. Preux.

Meanwhile, Kyle (19-8-1, 1 no contest) is coming off a unanimous decision victory of his own, this one coming against Marcos Rogerio de Lima in September.

The winner of the bout may eventually earn a chance to fight for the vacant Strikeforce light-heavyweight title.

3rd time's a charm here's to this fight actually happening this time.

I do sort of the same thing as Phil when it comes to breakfast. A big protein shake. I go with Casein protein so it lasts in my stomach all morning, it also tastes much better than whey protein. I usually end up burning the amount of calories in the shake in half an hour. To say the least, lunch is always huge, but I do feel good the majority of the time on this regiment.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Phil Davis seems in way over his head when compared to Rashad. After watching Phil's video, I think Rashad will maul him into a unanimous decision.

Yeah his striking looks terrible compared to Rashad's. I think Phil has the edge in wrestling but he's going to get worked in the standup game.

---------- Post added January-25th-2012 at 05:06 PM ----------

I could see them setting up Jim Miller vs. Nate Diaz, winner gets next title shot.

You called it:

https://twitter.com/danawhite

Our 3rd FOX fight May 5th at the IZOD Center in New Jersey will feature Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller!!! Nate = 3 sub and 5 FON Jim = 3 SON!!

Yeah his striking looks terrible compared to Rashad's. I think Phil has the edge in wrestling but he's going to get worked in the standup game.

---------- Post added January-25th-2012 at 05:06 PM ----------

You called it:

https://twitter.com/danawhite

I hope thats not for a title shot?

Diaz does'nt deserve it he is 5-5 in his last 10 fights and the Cerrone win was the only one that impressed me. He has been beaten by gatekeepers like Guida,Stevenson etc.

I hope thats not for a title shot?

Diaz does'nt deserve it he is 5-5 in his last 10 fights and the Cerrone win was the only one that impressed me. He has been beaten by gatekeepers like Guida,Stevenson etc.

LW isn't as top heavy as it was just a year ago. If not Diaz, provided he beats Miller, then who gets next crack after Bendo?

Edited by StillUnknown

The way the Diaz brothers' boxing has looked, it doesn't look like anyone can really go toe to toe with them in their respective divisions. Frankie might get away with it, but I think even GSP knows not to get caught up in to it at this point. The Diaz brothers beg to spar with pro boxers, that's their new passion. You can't be sure to get in to a standup fight without them tagging you up.

I think going off how awesome Nate has looked in his past 2 fights is what drove them to make this a title eliminator. If Jim Miller can't get him down, I fully expect Nate to dismantle him. It's a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league, and Nate Diaz is looking like he could be on the cusp of championship level. Can he avoid getting thrown around again by one of the wrestlers?

I believe that these Diaz brothers are always noticeably improving, so given time, yes he'll have good wrestling. I expect Nate to finish Jim Miller.

---------- Post added January-25th-2012 at 09:33 PM ----------

AzmlLnng0_U

DAMN...Kenny Rice might want to just go for the triangle out of desperation at this point.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

:ols: Sonnen is brilliant on the mic.

Here is another gem from him that is timely in this post-Tebow world of sports we live in:

You know, these guys want to talk about God. 'Oh, I want to thank God. I want to thank God.' Listen, I'm a God-fearing man, go to church every Sunday and have since I was a boy. But if I ever found out that God cared one way or another about a borderline illegal fist-fight on Saturday night, I would be so greatly disappointed that it would make rethink my entire belief system."

Hype starts at 11:50, press conference starts at 24:40. Good conference, I'm going to the weigh ins tomorrow at The Chicago Theater, I'm pretty pumped! I can't make it to the actual fights but I do want to see the fighters in person since I probably won't get a chance like this again for a while and maybe get some pics and autographs!

Summary copied from another poster in a forum:

Dana: "Chael's nuts. Listen to ME, not HIM. He's not the champion, he WILL fight Anderson Silva if he wins, he will not fight HWT, or Jon Jones."

Chael says he took the belt from Anderson Silva, Bisping says he got it on ebay for 29.99

Mike Russow, a Chicago police officer, said he used all of his vacation time to train for this fight with Einemo on Saturday.

Chael: Fighters who say go into seclusion during camp means my wife and kids are driving me nuts and I have to get out.

Rashad says it's easier to fight when you don't like someone. He says I'm fighting him, so I have a lot against him now. "Its personal, but its not personal personal"

Chael says if you're not smart enough to know you have to change channel from Fuel to Fox, you don't deserve the entertainment.

Phil Davis: Rashad won't be the No 1 contender any more after this weekend

Sonnen has a belt at the podium. "I believe I’m the champ. I took [Anderson's] belt like a gangster in the night."

Einemo on finding fans while fighting a Chicago cop in Chi-town: "Not everyone likes the police so I have to go for the other ones"

Phil Davis on Rashad saying he could outwrestle him: "Cocaine's a hell of a drug, I encourage imagination but... no." Says Rashad Evans can't even beat him at thumb-wrestling. Rashad says Phil Davis' wrestling style is trash. Phil on Rashad: "I'm embarrassed, he is on drugs and they are going to test him" Rashad says Phil won D1 Title in a weak division - Bader and Weidman were in that division - I wanted Chris to speak up.

Weidman says, if I lose this fight, it's do or die. Thinking of it as a win-win "gives me an excuse to lose."

Davis says Dana meant winner will get title, but in event that I hit Rashad in head too hard and break my hand, someone else will get shot next

Evans says Davis looks like Arsenio Hall and John Salley had a baby. I laughed.

^ doesn't really capture the ridiculousness of Chael and the back and forth between Rashad and Davis. Edited by styx491

Hype starts at 11:50, press conference starts at 24:40. Good conference, I'm going to the weigh ins tomorrow at The Chicago Theater, I'm pretty pumped! I can't make it to the actual fights but I do want to see the fighters in person since I probably won't get a chance like this again for a while and maybe get some pics and autographs!

Summary copied from another poster in a forum:

^ doesn't really capture the ridiculousness of Chael and the back and forth between Rashad and Davis.

That's awesome man, let us know if you get any pics/autographs. I listened to this at work the other day:

The sound is pretty ****ty and it's a bunch of media people asking questions but Rashad was talking mad **** to Davis at the end. Chael and Bisping were pretty tame though.

What?

Ha! :)

I just meant that Rashad is a proven commodity. He's fought the best repeatedly. Maybe Phil is better than I give him credit for (and I know he's a top-grade wrestler) but Evans just seems to have him beat by a mile in all other categories. Experience, speed, punching power, cage savvy, etc. I think Rashad is also a pretty darned good wrestler who at one time in his career was forced to outwrestle true HWs. I just think Davis is going to have his hands full in a big way and may not last 3 full rounds with Sugar. It won't be the end of the world if I'm wrong about a stoppage but I pretty much guarantee a victory for Evans either way.

Edited by Chachie