Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Akiyama is a bum.

Those last two shots to the back of the head probably didn't help matters.

---------- Post added August-6th-2011 at 10:44 PM ----------

This card is going by fast.

---------- Post added August-6th-2011 at 10:53 PM ----------

Good first round for Rashad. As long as he doesn't gas, he should take this.

Edited by StillUnknown

Somewhere right now Ken Shamrock is cheering.

LOL. I was at the last Tito/Shamrock fight live, with ridiculous seats, next to the scumbag owner of Xyience. Great time though.

---------- Post added August-6th-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

You know, I was rooting for Ortiz for old times sake, even though I thought his chances were slim. No denying though, Evans is a complete fighter. I'm not sure he can take Bones, but it might be a closer fight than people think.

He does look improved. And while he was a little boring at the beginning of each round, he picked it up and did well.

Edited by McD5

9.gif

3.gif

---------- Post added August-6th-2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/8/6/2349240/ufc-133-evans-vs-ortiz-post-fight-press-conference-belfort-evans-and/in/2112597

UFC 133: "Evans vs. Ortiz 2" just came to an end at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pa., featuring 11 total fights that aired on Facebook, Spike TV and pay--per-view (PPV).

After all the action ended, UFC President Dana White rewarded three fighters with $70,000 bonuses for their performances at the UFC 133 post-fight press conference.

The bonus winners include:

Fight of the Night: Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz

Knockout of the Night: Vitor Belfort

Submission of the Night: N/A

There were six decisions and five (technical) knockouts at UFC 133, which is the reason a bonus for "Submission of the Night" was not awarded. White also gave Brian Ebersole an additional $70,000 as a generous "thanks" for getting Dennis Hallman's "horrifying shorts off TV."

Hallman wore very skimpy Speedo-like shorts, which had the announcers, referee and most likely several other viewers grinning in disbelief.

:ols::ols::ols:

Edited by StillUnknown

I know! You never see knees like that in that situation, people are too scared of getting a point deduction if they hit too high. But man, it was devestating.

I like the fact that we're seeing more diverse techniques in MMA now. Rashad's knees to the body, the Anderson/Machida front kicks, Jon Jones has crazy standing sweeps and elbows that no one else seems to use, Rory Macdonald likes to slam people, Chad Mendes has the flip into guard pass, etc.

You know, I was rooting for Ortiz for old times sake, even though I thought his chances were slim. No denying though, Evans is a complete fighter. I'm not sure he can take Bones, but it might be a closer fight than people think.

Rashad looked great, there was no doubt that he was the better man Saturday night. But I found myself saying something that I never thought I would say over the last few years. I actually want to see Tito fight again. I thought he was done before the Bader fight and between that performance and the Evans fight, I think he still has something left. He is not going to challence for the title or anything like that, but I think that he can be competitive if he stays healthy. Even in the loss Saturday against to a fighter on another level, Tito did some good things and it turned out to be an entertaining fight until the knee of doom. Which was one of the smartest things I have seen anyone do in a while, by the way.

Rashad looked great, there was no doubt that he was the better man Saturday night. But I found myself saying something that I never thought I would say over the last few years. I actually want to see Tito fight again. I thought he was done before the Bader fight and between that performance and the Evans fight, I think he still has something left. He is not going to challence for the title or anything like that, but I think that he can be competitive if he stays healthy. Even in the loss Saturday against to a fighter on another level, Tito did some good things and it turned out to be an entertaining fight until the knee of doom. Which was one of the smartest things I have seen anyone do in a while, by the way.

Agreed on all counts. Tito is a solid gatekeeper right now. I guess all that talk about his back and neck had some truth to it. He's definitely back to being a very effective grappler and has made improvements to his once awful boxing.

I'll be rooting for Rampage to knock Jones out and if he doesn't I'll be rooting for Rashad (maybe for the first time ever) against Jones. I don't like Jon Jones' "quiet confidence." He says the right things to appear humble but it's easy to tell he's supremely ****y. Due to his height and reach, he's yet to absorb a true hard punch. I'm praying Rampage lands one or two so we can see what Bones has in that department.

I'll be rooting for Rampage to knock Jones out and if he doesn't I'll be rooting for Rashad (maybe for the first time ever) against Jones. I don't like Jon Jones' "quiet confidence." He says the right things to appear humble but it's easy to tell he's supremely ****y. Due to his height and reach, he's yet to absorb a true hard punch. I'm praying Rampage lands one or two so we can see what Bones has in that department.

I'll be rooting for Rampage too.

He has the power to drop anyone but I just don't see him getting inside of Jones' reach. I'm not sure who to pull for in Jones vs. Evans, when/if it happens. I get a similar feeling about Jones and the ****iness, but he's such an entertaining and different fighter it's hard to root against him.

I am stunned...stunned I tell you.

M-1 Challenge 27: Fedor vs. Can.

Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia

Fedor Emelianenko isn't retiring.

The MMA great and former PRIDE heavyweight champion, who recently suffered his third consecutive Strikeforce defeat after a decade-long 27-fight win streak, will fight again.

Officials today announced his plans, which include a likely next fight in his native Russia.

"We consulted with Fedor, and it was decided that he should not leave the sport in this way," Emelianenko's manager, M-1 Global president and co-founder Vadim Finkelstein, stated. "His friends and past opponents support Fedor in continuing his career, and he agreed.

"We want to organize a fight for Fedor in Russia and have already begun working in this direction. If everything goes as planned, we will produce a card in Moscow or St. Petersburg sometime in the fall with Fedor as the main event."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24730/fedor-emelianenko-opts-against-retirement-next-fight-likely-in-russia.mma

I like Fedor, but unfortunately I will be surprised if he ever does anything but fight marginal-at-best fighters under the M-1 banner.

Following UFC 133 Loss, Matt Hamill Retires

After making his UFC debut back in 2006 at “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 3 Finale, Matt Hamill has gone on a historic run through the UFC’s light-heavyweight division.

The only hearing impaired fighter to ever step foot inside the UFC’s Octagon, Hamill, today announced his retirement on the heels of his second consecutive loss. After going 9-4 inside the UFC, Hamill took to his personal website to announce his decision to retire.

Matt Hamill's retiring. Probably a good move on his part.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/104836.html

Hammer Hamill announces retirement

Matt Hamill has retired from MMA following Saturday's TKO loss to Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 133.

Hamill's defeat was his second on the bounce, following a three-round battering at the hands of Rampage Jackson. However, prior to those setbacks, his record displayed five straight wins - although one came as a result of disqualification against Jon Jones.

UFC president Dana White, a big fan of Hamill, confessed he would be discussing the Hammer's future on Monday. But Hamill has taken that call out of the UFC's hands.

"Today is a sad day for me. After six years and 13 fights in the UFC I'm ready to hang up my gloves and retire from this amazing sport," Hamill stated.

"The UFC has been extremely good to me and given me an opportunity to make a great living. That exposure has allowed me options outside the Octagon as well. I just don't have it in me to fight anymore and my last two performances have shown that."

Hamill, who emerged from the third season of The Ultimate Fighter, boasts a 9-4 record in the UFC. However, the 34-year-old revealed he has been struggling for years with injury.

"There hasn't been even one training camp where I've been able to train without training around an injury," he added. "I have not been kind to my body and it has nothing left after 28 years of non-stop competition. It's time to finally give it a rest.

"The UFC has become family to me and I hope to be involved with the number one mixed martial arts organization in the world as a coach, ambassador and fan for a long time to come."

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 02:58 PM ----------

Haha beat me to it.

Matt Hamill's retiring. Probably a good move on his part.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/104836.html

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 02:58 PM ----------

Haha beat me to it.

I always thought it was cool that Matt stayed competitive despite never getting to hear his cornermen during fights. Dude had some heavy, heavy hands and was a fantastic wrestler. I hope Dana finds some out-of-cage work for Matt and I wish him the best of luck.