Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I wish the Tank fight would happen, I think that would be a better fight for Kimbo, either way Bas Rutten speaks very highly of Kimbo and his work ethic in the gym, Bas think's he has what it takes to be serious contender and even a champion eventually. That's amazing because Kimbo has never had any formal training before.

the Rutten co-sign is making alot of people less skeptical about Kimbo. Bas is a legend in the sport, so if he sees somethin in Kimbo, people are more willing to give him a fair shot before judging him.

Kimbo proved nothing last night except that he can still throw a thunderous punch. I wish we had seen more.

I wanted to see a little more too, we know he has knockout power in both hands, but I want to see how he lasts for 2+ rounds and maybe see some takedown defense/ground game.

Either way, we'll be seeing a lot more of him.

the Rutten co-sign is making alot of people less skeptical about Kimbo. Bas is a legend in the sport, so if he sees somethin in Kimbo, people are more willing to give him a fair shot before judging him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: to your sig

I didn't yell "dive," but I think I mumbled "hand-picked opponent." Kimbo hits so hard though, that I didn't feel cheated.

i think Kimbo is in the same boat as Brock Lesnar. They don't have enough experience to be thrown in with a great figher (although lesnar is fighting a former champ in Mir), so they have to be given lower-tiered guys to start with.

I have no problem with Brock or Kimbo getting the lower levels guy to start their official careers with. You have to work you way up the ladder. Its not logical to think (not saying that you are) that they are ready to be in the cage with a great fighter at this point.

I was just watching an interview with Kimbo before Saturday's fight and he said something like:

"If he gets me in a submission, he's just gonna have to break my arm because I'm not tappin' out."

:laugh:

Dude, I was wondering if that was you. Marcus is my favorite player! He's the man! How could you??? Just cuz of a hammy???

i think Kimbo is in the same boat as Brock Lesnar. They don't have enough experience to be thrown in with a great figher (although lesnar is fighting a former champ in Mir), so they have to be given lower-tiered guys to start with.

I have no problem with Brock or Kimbo getting the lower levels guy to start their official careers with. You have to work you way up the ladder. Its not logical to think (not saying that you are) that they are ready to be in the cage with a great fighter at this point.

Brock has 2 years of kick boxing, and a whole lifetime of wrestling. Not only is he ready, you can just throw him in on a title shot. He's that strong.

Kimbo is SUPER tough, both mentally and physically. His stand up game is solid.

The ground game is another story for him.

Once he gets his ground game, and his stamina, he'll be a tough opponant to beat.

Brock has 2 years of kick boxing, and a whole lifetime of wrestling. Not only is he ready, you can just throw him in on a title shot. He's that strong.

Kimbo is SUPER tough, both mentally and physically. His stand up game is solid.

The ground game is another story for him.

Once he gets his ground game, and his stamina, he'll be a tough opponant to beat.

Man, Brock is big, but he has so many things that aren't tested. He beat some walkthrough guy. I can't sit here and say I agree with you. He might look silly with an elite fighter in there. But you never know, will be interesting.

Just to update the Dana interview with Dennis Miller:

It was short, and nothing was said about Randy. I didn't know this was like a real talk show. Dennis' Monologue must of been 15 minutes long. Dana was the second guest, Charles Barkley was the first. Dana talked about the emergence of the UFC mostly. He compared the serious injury factor to boxing, saying how the UFC hasn't had any deaths or debilitating injuries thus far. They promoted the fight between Chuck and Wanderlei at the end. Pretty lame interview. Dana had a Swan Song shirt on, man, that guy keeps inching up on my acceptance ladder.

Anyway, aside from #53QBKiller riding "the how many sacks have you done for me lately" bandwaggon, Dana White is being interviewed by Dennis Miller on Versus tonight at 10:30 (tuesday 11/13). They will most likely talk a lot about Randy.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ you giving up on M.Washington
Dude, I was wondering if that was you. Marcus is my favorite player! He's the man! How could you??? Just cuz of a hammy???

:laugh:

Funny guys. Marcus is still one of my faves but he hasn't exactly killed any QB's this season, just upgrading you know? :cool:

My original name was #56 before he left, gotta keep up with the times baby.

This would be badass. Sokoudjou has a serious future in MMA, I'm a big fan of Judo and striking and that's what Sokoudjou does best, he's young and trains with Team Quest and would add some serious depth to the LHW division, he'd be a good matchup for Houston Alexander IMO.

I remember Mayhem joking about accidentally ripping out one of Sokoudjou's dreads during training :laugh:

Report: UFC in Talks with Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/11/13/report-ufc-in-talks-with-rameau-thierry-sokoudjou/

Former PRIDE fighter Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (4-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), a top 205-pound fighter currently on the free agent market, is in talks with the UFC about a possible contract, but a rumored UFC 79 fight with Lyoto Machida (11-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is far from official.The report comes from Dave Meltzer at Wrestling Observer.

News of the possible Sokoudjou-Machida fight flooded messageboards earlier today. UFC 79 takes place Dec. 29 in Las Vegas, and the light-heavyweight clash was rumored to be a part of it. And where there’s smoke, there’s apparently some fire.

Regarding rumors of Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou fighting in UFC, there is no contract signed, but his deal with Hero’s did fall apart and UFC is interested in him and talks have begun. There are talks of a potential fight with Lyoto Machida on 12/29, but it’s nothing more than talk at this point.

MMAjunkie.com has been busy working on this story all day but was only able to confirm that Sokoudjou is in talks with the UFC.

Sokoudjou, a 2001 U.S. Open Judo champion, defeated the heavily favored Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at PRIDE 33. The 23-second knockout was followed up with a two-minute KO of Ricardo Arona at PRIDE 34.

The 23-year-old Team Quest fighter had verbally agreed to a contract with Elite Xtreme Combat this summer but backed out of the deal in July. He then appeared to be headed to the Tokyo-based K-1 Hero’s organization, but that deal also fell apart soon after.

Machida, who signed on with the UFC earlier this year, has gone 3-0 in the organization in 2007. He most recently defeated Kazuhiro Nakamura via unanimous decision at UFC 76 in September.

For the latest rumored UFC 79 news, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

I don't know about Sokoudjou. Okay he beat Arona and a Nog brother, but he got stopped by Glover Texieria back in '06. Who the hell is he? Sokoudjou might become a great fighter, but he receives more press than I've ever seen a 4-1 guy have in any combat sport. I'm really getting tired of hearing about it and want to see him go in there. So these talks better not end up like the Fedor non-deal.

He's 23, which is great if he can start tearing it up. Because the UFC needs some youth. Especially in the massively-marketed LHW division, where MMA legends are creeping up to the end of their careers.

I don't know about Sokoudjou. Okay he beat Arona and a Nog brother, but he got stopped by Glover Texieria back in '06. Who the hell is he? Sokoudjou might become a great fighter, but he receives more press than I've ever seen a 4-1 guy have in any combat sport. I'm really getting tired of hearing about it and want to see him go in there. So these talks better not end up like the Fedor non-deal.

He's 23, which is great if he can start tearing it up. Because the UFC needs some youth. Especially in the massively-marketed LHW division, where MMA legends are creeping up to the end of their careers.

Sokoudjou is making a buzz because a) he trains with Team Quest and that's one of the most popular (if not the most popular) camps in MMA

and B) he's a VERY exciting fighter, aside from his first fight the other four have ended in round one via (T)KO

The Glover Texieria fight (I think you can find it online for free) was pretty much them exchanging blows and Glover caught Sokoudjou (Glover trains with the Pit, so he's a good striker too).

He's a cool guy too, I listened to a radio interview with him a little while back and he's real laid-back and chill, but he turns it on in the ring

They had better sign his ass or I'm going to lose another ounce of respect for the UFC, they've been slowly taking my faith away as a fan

Sokoudjou is making a buzz because a) he trains with Team Quest and that's one of the most popular (if not the most popular) camps in MMA

and B) he's a VERY exciting fighter, aside from his first fight the other four have ended in round one via (T)KO

The Glover Texieria fight (I think you can find it online for free) was pretty much them exchanging blows and Glover caught Sokoudjou (Glover trains with the Pit, so he's a good striker too).

He's a cool guy too, I listened to a radio interview with him a little while back and he's real laid-back and chill, but he turns it on in the ring

They had better sign his ass or I'm going to lose another ounce of respect for the UFC, they've been slowly taking my faith away as a fan

Yeah I've seen his past 3 fights. The fight with Glover was the third fight of his career. He put Antonio to sleep - yet I think Antonio totally misunderstood Soko's gameplan. That fight lasted 30 freakin' seconds. He's fast and pretty devistating but he seems a little wild and the past two upsets were products of fighters playing in to his game. I think Arona is a little overrated, IMHO.

This Soko cat is ranked #5 on lists that I see, and it blows my mind. He's a 4-1 Pride fighter. Except for Rampage - none have faired well in the UFC. The hype is there, but look what hype has gotten people so far this year. Put him up against a Houston Alexander or even Marvin Eastman. Somebody that can bang and isn't a lay-down jiu jitzu fighter that Pride was littered with. UFC has the cats that can prove you are #5 in the world, and he might become champ one day, I wouldn't be able to tell you. But right now, I'd love to see him go in to the UFC and be matched up against the loser of Thiago/Houston Alexander.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5076&zoneid=13

The Ultimate Fighting Championship on Thursday announced that signing of sought after light heavyweight Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou. He will make his Octagon debut on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas against undefeated fighter Lyoto Machida.

“Sokoudjou is an explosive athlete with heavy hands and great judo who is coming off huge back-to-back knockout wins over two top ten guys in Ricardo Arona and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira,” said UFC president Dana White. “Bringing him in just makes the stacked 205-pound division even stronger, and there are endless great match-ups for him here in the UFC.”

Sokoudjou had been the subject of much speculation as he was reportedly a signature away from consummating a deal with ProElite, Inc. several months ago. More recently, his representatives had been in deep negotiations with K-1 and had expected him to be headed to Japan.

its official

UFC 79 just got even better :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Predictions for UFC 78: Validation:

Spencer Fisher vs. Frank Edgar: I like Spencer Fisher, but he gets stopped by top-tier fighters once he climbs the rankings. Frank Edgar is 7-0, and he's a wrestler. Spencer's stand-up will be too much. KO Round 2.

Karo Parisyan vs. Ryo Chonan: Karo is one of my favorite fighters. This is a young guy that I personally think will one day end up in the UFC Hall of Fame. May be a bold prediction, but he is the man. If anybody can make a fight that goes to the judges entertaining, it's Karo. Most of his fights go all 3 rounds, but this one is ending in a rear-naked choke in the first round. Karo.

Joe Doerksen vs. Ed Herman: Doerksen is a big-time vet. Herman should win this though. Doerksen is on a losing streak and Herman's aggressive ground skills should result in a win. Herman Unanimously.

Thiago Silva vs. Houston Alexander: This has the makings of a quick fight. I can imagine these guys outside of a roadside bar throwing down at night. It's going to be very intense. I see them doing everything from throwing wild haymakers to trying to throw each other around the cage. And it will all happen very fast. Somebody will get caught in the first round. I love Houston, I want him to win, but I have to take Thiago in this one. I'm still unsure about Houston's chin. Round 1 KO.

Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans: Everybody knows Bisping has a few iffy things about his game. He shows up more or less from moment to moment. He has excellent cardio, and can overwhelm a fighter with that stamina. But Rashad showed in his fight with Tito that he also has that perserverance. Rashad also has something I don't think any fighter Bisping has faced has had - KO power. Maybe that kid with the blue mohawk had power, but Rashad has speed, great defense accross the board, a nice ground game, along with the stamina. Rashad should take this, I expect a TKO in round 3.

Let's talk Ultimate Fighter. Who can beat Mac, and will he get beat? I'd live to see him get knocked or choked out.

He is one calmly-arrogant S.O.B. He has straight anger problems, but the kid is a baller. He messed that guy's face up real bad last night, and still won by RNC. You see the guns on him? I don't think anybody is that jacked in welterweight. We did see John get in a few straight shots in on Mac last night, so you can hit the guy. I just think he has a really good all-around game. Looks like Hughes has a ringer.