Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That's a sign that things are taking a turn for the worst. :laugh:

The Redskins look bad right now, specifically the offense, at least we have MMA to look forward to right (and maybe the Wizards)?

Without MMA I think I'd go crazy in the world of sports.

Seriously, this is my haven for non-Redskins talk. Can we keep this thread limited to anything from fairy tales to zoology to MMA, no Redskins? :twitch:

But I freakin' agree with you. This is the most empty feeling I've had since I started seriously watching the R-d-ins back in the mid 90's. Thank God I get to see somebody get their ass wooped in MMA soon. I'm watching TUF on Wednesday and having a few brewskies.

Seriously, this is my haven for non-Redskins talk. Can we keep this thread limited to anything from fairy tales to zoology to MMA, no Redskins? :twitch:

But I freakin' agree with you. This is the most empty feeling I've had since I started seriously watching the R-d-ins back in the mid 90's. Thank God I get to see somebody get their ass wooped in MMA soon. I'm watching TUF on Wednesday and having a few brewskies.

Yep. And now with Chuck vs. Wandy, December 29th has the makings of a very good PPV.

Yep. And now with Chuck vs. Wandy, December 29th has the makings of a very good PPV.

Man, I'm excited for UFC 77 on the 17th. Bisping vs. Evans should be fun to watch. Thiago Silva is fighting Houston Alexander, which is a very tough matchup for Houston. I get to see my boy Karo Parisyan fight some walkthrough guy. And Frank Edgar has ruined two perfect records in the lightweight division. He's fighting Spencer Fisher. Should be a war.

The PPV on Dec 29th. is gonna be awesome. But we might see two legends start to fade. If Hughes somehow loses to Matt Serra, Hughes is going to have to evaluate where he is at this point. He never fights. He couldn't beat the crap out of Lytle like he should have, and he's losing his greatest asset as the years roll by - STRENGTH. He's a fantastic fighter, and he should beat Serra. But if MATT SERRA beats him, I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes becomes the newest member of the UFC that starts to have trouble reaching the top. As great as he is, as big of streaks he's had in past years - he needs to be hungry and fight with a passion. I hope Matt still has it.

Chuck vs. Wandy is one of those fights where you'll have to explain to your son why they never fought when they were in their primes. And instead of making it a long story, you'll just say Wandy avoided him. But why would Wanderlei do that? It's just a bunch of confusion that has lead to two fighters past their primes duking it out to answer who was right and who was wrong. It's simply great that we get to see these two legends FINALLY meet in the octagon with a most recently combined record of 0-4. :doh: But, it should be really exciting for anyone who has followed this story. All the Chuck fans, including I, better hope to Christ he wins.

Man, I'm excited for UFC 77 on the 17th. Bisping vs. Evans should be fun to watch. Thiago Silva is fighting Houston Alexander, which is a very tough matchup for Houston. I get to see my boy Karo Parisyan fight some walkthrough guy. And Frank Edgar has ruined two perfect records in the lightweight division. He's fighting Spencer Fisher. Should be a war.

The PPV on Dec 29th. is gonna be awesome. But we might see two legends start to fade. If Hughes somehow loses to Matt Serra, Hughes is going to have to evaluate where he is at this point. He never fights. He couldn't beat the crap out of Lytle like he should have, and he's losing his greatest asset as the years roll by - STRENGTH. He's a fantastic fighter, and he should beat Serra. But if MATT SERRA beats him, I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes becomes the newest member of the UFC that starts to have trouble reaching the top. As great as he is, as big of streaks he's had in past years - he needs to be hungry and fight with a passion. I hope Matt still has it.

Chuck vs. Wandy is one of those fights where you'll have to explain to your son why they never fought when they were in their primes. And instead of making it a long story, you'll just say Wandy avoided him. But why would Wanderlei do that? It's just a bunch of confusion that has lead to two fighters past their primes duking it out to answer who was right and who was wrong. It's simply great that we get to see these two legends FINALLY meet in the octagon with a most recently combined record of 0-4. :doh: But, it should be really exciting for anyone who has followed this story. All the Chuck fans, including I, better hope to Christ he wins.

For those of you who are interested in where this Couture/UFC drama is headed. Feast your eyes on THESE:

Randy Couture's press conference explaining his side of the story:

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1316

Eerie, in a sense that Randy is so serious. A side we haven't seen from him before. The first 10 minutes are the most important.

Then, just yesterday, Dana White brought the big guns out to support his (shockingly sturdy) defense to Randy's claims. Lorenzo Ferttita himself joins with hardcopy documents backing up that Randy lied in the aformentioned press conference:

http://www.ufc.com/ (go to the video center and click "archive of press conference")

They make a big stand. Not budging at all. This just reinforces my stance that I'm not judging this situation just because Randy is the nice, heartwarming fellow...and Dana is a straightforward non-BSer. Both of them seem to be reversing their respective personalities in these press conferences.

For those of you who are interested in where this Couture/UFC drama is headed. Feast your eyes on THESE:

Randy Couture's press conference explaining his side of the story:

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1316

Eerie, in a sense that Randy is so serious. A side we haven't seen from him before. The first 10 minutes are the most important.

Then, just yesterday, Dana White brought the big guns out to support his (shockingly sturdy) defense to Randy's claims. Lorenzo Ferttita himself joins with hardcopy documents backing up that Randy lied in the aformentioned press conference:

http://www.ufc.com/ (go to the video center and click "archive of press conference")

They make a big stand. Not budging at all. This just reinforces my stance that I'm not judging this situation just because Randy is the nice, heartwarming fellow...and Dana is a straightforward non-BSer. Both of them seem to be reversing their respective personalities in these press conferences.

in Dana's last interview, he called Fedor a "farce" and said he was NEVER top 5.

i usually let dana slide on most of his comments, but he is an idiot. i realize he's just trying to deflate Fedor's perceived impact, but his comments are just disrespectful. as the mouthpiece for the ufc he should have attempt to have some class and respect for fighters that fight for other organizations.

in Dana's last interview, he called Fedor a "farce" and said he was NEVER top 5.

i usually let dana slide on most of his comments, but he is an idiot. i realize he's just trying to deflate Fedor's perceived impact, but his comments are just disrespectful. as the mouthpiece for the ufc he should have attempt to have some class and respect for fighters that fight for other organizations.

I can't imagine he really thinks that. Anyone with half an MMA brain knows Fedor is awesome and I'm sure Dana does too. I'm willing to bet he wants to inspire Fedor's anger so he'll come to the UFC with something to prove.

I can't imagine he really thinks that. Anyone with half an MMA brain knows Fedor is awesome and I'm sure Dana does too. I'm willing to bet he wants to inspire Fedor's anger so he'll come to the UFC with something to prove.

Yeah, he is probably trying to use Fedor's pride in some way.

After all, how is Fedor going to prove his worth in M-1?

Also, what about HW's such as Josh Barnett? Is White going to work on getting the rest of the Pride fighters with the UFC?

Yeah, he is probably trying to use Fedor's pride in some way.

After all, how is Fedor going to prove his worth in M-1?

Also, what about HW's such as Josh Barnett? Is White going to work on getting the rest of the Pride fighters with the UFC?

Yeah I'm calling BS on that comment from Dana.

Yeah I'm calling BS on that comment from Dana.

Dana is just bitter he didn't get Fedor. I'd be bitter, too. Come to the big show. Sure, Fedor manhandled PRIDE, but the two other elite heavyweights from PRIDE have come to the UFC and look what happened. Cro Cop has disintigrated, and Minotauro almost got dropped by a guy he threw around in PRIDE. It's a little bit of a different game, but it's the big leagues of MMA.

Yet, Dana should recognize Fedor's accomplishments and respect him no matter what. A "farce" hardly. Any heavyweight in the UFC would have been pummled by him in PRIDE. So here we go with the next 9 months, probably a 3-way drama. Fedor will end up being a 38 year old champ of M-1 while Randy comes out of retirement to learn how to fight by their rules at age 51. Hopefully, we can one day see Joe Frazier take on Mike Tyson, too.

Dana is just bitter he didn't get Fedor. I'd be bitter, too. Come to the big show. Sure, Fedor manhandled PRIDE, but the two other elite heavyweights from PRIDE have come to the UFC and look what happened. Cro Cop has disintigrated, and Minotauro almost got dropped by a guy he threw around in PRIDE. It's a little bit of a different game, but it's the big leagues of MMA.

Yet, Dana should recognize Fedor's accomplishments and respect him no matter what. A "farce" hardly. Any heavyweight in the UFC would have been pummled by him in PRIDE. So here we go with the next 9 months, probably a 3-way drama. Fedor will end up being a 38 year old champ of M-1 while Randy comes out of retirement to learn how to fight by their rules at age 51. Hopefully, we can one day see Joe Frazier take on Mike Tyson, too.

CSAC delayed their decision on Sean Sherk another two weeks.

its comical at this point, arguably the most exciting division in the sport being held hostage.

I wanna see Florian and BJ fight for the title. Then Gomi should step in and mix it up. I'd love to see the Asian fighters in the lightweight division flood the UFC.

CSAC delayed their decision on Sean Sherk another two weeks.

its comical at this point, arguably the most exciting division in the sport being held hostage.

I wanna see Florian and BJ fight for the title. Then Gomi should step in and mix it up. I'd love to see the Asian fighters in the lightweight division flood the UFC.