Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Impressive win by Amir Sadollah. The crowd was going nuts for him since he is fighting out of Richmond.

2ajxkxx.jpg

edit: I just noticed he made Blackburn do the stanky leg like Rashad for a second :hysterical:

:laugh:

Escudero needs to learn how to tap. Hopefully this will teach him :doh:

Sidenote: I'm pissed as hell they didn't show Ricky Story's damn fight. :mad:

Is that the fighter you guys know?

And Nate Diaz has no standup whatsoever, he got picked apart by Gray freakin Maynard.

:laugh:

And Nate Diaz has no standup whatsoever, he got picked apart by Gray freakin Maynard.

neither fighter has any standup, Maynard's face looked pretty bruised up at the end of the fight.

even though he won, i cant see him getting a shot at BJ after that performance. i see edgar getting it for sure now

neither fighter has any standup, Maynard's face looked pretty bruised up at the end of the fight.

even though he won, i cant see him getting a shot at BJ after that performance. i see edgar getting it for sure now

If he does get BJ, he is going to get killed, lol.

Yeah. He was in our wedding this past fall.

However, it's not just that, Matt and I were reading through the play-by-play and Lennox got Ricky in a reverse crucifix and Ricky basically picked him up in a fireman's carry and slammed him. I really wanted to see that, lol!

I was in row A section 109...impressed with the product the UFC puts out. I'm a much bigger boxing fan, but the UFC "experience" is definitely better. The loud music, lights, croud....great atmosphere. I was impressed with everything except the main event.

The guy in front of me was a big Nate Diaz fan....he got pissed when I told him paulie Malignaggi could come in here and whoop either of these clowns!

If he does get BJ, he is going to get killed, lol.

Yeah. He was in our wedding this past fall.

However, it's not just that, Matt and I were reading through the play-by-play and Lennox got Ricky in a reverse crucifix and Ricky basically picked him up in a fireman's carry and slammed him. I really wanted to see that, lol!

Haha, that sounds awesome!

It's pretty sad when Gray Maynard is the top contender for BJ. The UFC had better start looking elsewhere for LW talent to bring up.

I was in row A section 109...impressed with the product the UFC puts out. I'm a much bigger boxing fan, but the UFC "experience" is definitely better. The loud music, lights, croud....great atmosphere. I was impressed with everything except the main event.

I was in 116 at the very top where they have the spotlight (it was directly behind us) and the view was AWESOME. I was very impressed with the UFC experience as well, although most of the fights were just alright, and the crowd let the fighters know too. Definitely gonna be seeing more UFC events in the future, highly recommended if it comes through here again. I'm sure Richmond will get one now too (Amir got the biggest response from the crowd all night I'm pretty sure).

Mike Goldberg added another gem to his list of commentating quoteables last night: "Aaron Simpson is the 30-something Randy Couture of the 40-something crowd." :wtf:

some of his other classics:

Mike Goldberg: "He's got him in some kind of strange choke I've never seen before!"

Joe Rogan: "That's a rear naked choke."

Mike Goldberg: "You can hear the corner speaking portuguese!"

Joe Rogan: "Uh, that's Japanese, brother"

Mike Goldberg: "I should have known that."

Joe Rogan: "You're the one married to a Japanese chick."

Mike Goldberg: "That is correct."

Mike Goldberg: "He's like the Michael Jordan of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!"

Joe Rogan: "No, he's not"

Mike Goldberg: "Larry Bird?"

Joe Rogan: "Uhm, no."

Mike Goldberg: "Kobe Bryant?"

Joe Rogan: "..."

Goldberg: "You know Roy Jones Jr. respects the hands of Forrest Griffin."
Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up they would pound each other behind the barn!"
Goldberg: "He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage."

Mike Goldberg added another gem to his list of commentating quoteables last night: "Aaron Simpson is the 30-something Randy Couture of the 40-something crowd."

Yeah, that one baffled me. At least I do not think we heard "punches in bunches."

I still prefer Goldy to Mauro though. I know a lot of people disagree, but Mauro's voice and occasional puns drive me crazy. They are both a little over the top with their enthusiasm often and Mauro probably has a little better knowledge of the sport, but I find myself more entertained by Goldberg. I often block out the commentary, but when I am paying attention, Goldy and Rogan have a much better chemistry that any other team out there IMO.

And don't get me started on Quadros. :D

Pretty entertaining fights last night I thought. One thing that got me is how one judge scored the last fight for Diaz... I thought that he was only competitive in the 3rd, but even then I gave that round to Maynard because of the late knockdown. Ridiculous that one judge can give all 3 rounds to Maynard (correctly imo) and one can give 2 to Diaz. What's up with that?

Looks like Page ended up with three years probation for his incident of dumbassness:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/01/09/rampage-jackson-sentenced-to-three-years-probation/

Rampage Jackson Sentenced to Three Years Probation

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was sentenced to three years' informal probation Friday for hitting three vehicles with his truck and fleeing police in a July 2008 incident in Newport Beach, Calif.

The Santa Ana, Calif., judge dismissed Jackson's felony evading police charge and upheld his conviction for misdemeanor reckless driving because he completed 200 hours of community service, submitted to random drug testing and underwent psychological counseling.

"I will never see that judge in a courtroom again," Jackson told the Orange County Register after the hearing. "I don't see myself doing anything crazy again... I want to be a positive role model."

On July 15, 2008, just 10 days after he lost his 205-pound title to Forrest Griffin at UFC 86, Jackson was arrested after driving into three cars in his lifted truck, driving on the wrong side of the road and almost hitting several pedestrians, according to police. He later said that he had been suffering from delirium due to a lack of food and sleep following the title fight.

After failing to stop at several red lights while talking on his cell phone, Jackson finally succumbed to police in Newport Beach. He was bailed out of jail several hours later by UFC president Dana White.

Since the incident, Jackson is 2-0 inside the Octagon. He briefly retired from MMA late last year after White publicly expressed his disappointment in Jackson's decision to accept a role as "B.A. Baracus" in the new A-Team movie instead of fighting Rashad Evans at UFC 107. Both sides have since patched up their differences, and Jackson is scheduled to fight Evans later this year.

Jackson's probation is scheduled to end Jan. 7, 2013.

And those Goldberg quotes are hilarious. While I appreciate his excitement and I think he has a great voice for color commentating, he needs to think before he speaks.

And I've heard him on several occasions use the: "he wants to get in close and use that reach advantage" line.

Joe Rogan just needs to darce choke him every time he says something retarded.

I don't think Maynard or Edgar will get a shot at BJ. I think newly acquired Takanomi Gomi will fight Maynard or Edgar. I think the UFC wants Gomi vs. Penn again but will probably have Gomi fight one of these guys first, to get the UFC fans familiar with him. If Gomi loses, than the winner can face BJ. Either way, BJ will destory whoever they put in front of him

I don't think Maynard or Edgar will get a shot at BJ. I think newly acquired Takanomi Gomi will fight Maynard or Edgar. I think the UFC wants Gomi vs. Penn again but will probably have Gomi fight one of these guys first, to get the UFC fans familiar with him. If Gomi loses, than the winner can face BJ. Either way, BJ will destory whoever they put in front of him

Yeah I think they'll try to build Gomi up to the fans with a fight or two and if he does well, then they'll hype a rematch. Either way BJ will whip his ass.

I don't think Gomi's totally done, but I do think he doesn't care enough to prepare for fights like he used to.

i'm pretty certain that Edgar will get the next shot at BJ

Gomi is likely to draw Florian for his first fight

i think Gomi is done, and will never beat the necessary contenders to get the chance to be destroyed by BJ again

Let me preface by saying that anything I predict in the world of MMA is WRONG. DEAD wrong.

Okay. I don't think they'll give Gomi Edgar or BJ right off the bat. I predict they'll give him a fairly easy fight hoping he'll KO whomever is his challenger. This will give them an opportunity to hype him up for BJ. While I think he should certainly beat Edgar, we've seen the toll the transition to UFC has taken on GREAT fighters from Japan (not Japanese, but from having fought predominantly there). Imagine if Gomi lost to Edgar......Where's the upside?

i'm pretty certain that Edgar will get the next shot at BJ

Gomi is likely to draw Florian for his first fight

i think Gomi is done, and will never beat the necessary contenders to get the chance to be destroyed by BJ again

I agree on your first two points. I don't really think that Edgar or Maynard is necessarily dersering of a title shot, but there is not really a better option right now. And even though he lost to Gray, Egdar is a slightly better option right now. I would be surprised if it was anyone other than Frankie at this point.

I think Gomi and Florian is going to happen, and I do not know if that is a great idea for the UFC. I don't think that Gomi is completely done, but he needs to show more than he has recently. Hopefully he can get back to close to the form that he had a few years ago. It's doubtful, but who knows. But right now, I think Florian wins if they fight.

From a business perspective, I would give Gomi a quasi-can or two to hopefully give him a few wins to hype a Gomi-BJ matchup. And Florian is not a quasi-can. I don't see any way BJ would lose against Gomi, but there are not many options right now.

They are paying Gomi big time money. He will get other big time fighters. If he losses they'll cut him sooner and be off the hook for his salary. I think it will be Florian and then a title shot if he wins.

I don't think Edgar or Maynard deserve a title shot, but the UFC wants a title fight so it will be Edgar vs. BJ in April.

Where would you guys put Alvarez if he were in the UFC? I'd have him right there with Florian, Edgar, Diego and Maynard. I don't think there is any real competition for BJ at 155 in the world right now. If BJ left the division it would be a very exciting title picture with those four guys, Griffin, Sherk, and Guida all being able to beat each other on any given night.

Pretty entertaining fights last night I thought. One thing that got me is how one judge scored the last fight for Diaz... I thought that he was only competitive in the 3rd, but even then I gave that round to Maynard because of the late knockdown. Ridiculous that one judge can give all 3 rounds to Maynard (correctly imo) and one can give 2 to Diaz. What's up with that?

I actually thought Diaz pulled out a split decision but it was indeed a close fight that could have gone either way. I gave Diaz the 1st and 3rd rounds. Maynard came on strong for the last 30 secs of the 3rd but he was absolutely dominated for the first 4:30. However, the Diaz Bros have never been given a close fight so I knew they'd give the nod to Gray.

Edgar's fights...

Matt Veach Win Submission (Rear Naked Choke) rd2

Sean Sherk Win Unanimous Decision

Hermes Franca Win Unanimous Decision

Gray Maynard Loss Unanimous Decision

Spencer Fisher Win Unanimous Decision

Mark Bocek Win TKO rd1 4:55

Tyson Griffin Win Unanimous Decision

Jim Miller Win Unanimous Decision

Deividas Taurosevicius Win Unanimous Decision

Steve McCabe Win Submission (Guillotine) rd1

Jay Isip Win Submission (Choke) rd1

Mark Getto Win TKO rd1

Very impressive list of names he has beaten. The loss to Maynard stumps me because Frankie impresses me every time I see him and I'm never thrilled by Maynard. I wouldn't favor Maynard over most of the UFC guys Edgar beat. So while Maynard whipped Edgar (maybe Frankie just had the worst night of his career that night), I still agree with Dana on giving Frankie the title shot. Somebody's got to get one and I see Edgar as the LW on the hottest roll these days.

From MMA Junkie:

Patrick Cote announces UFC 113 return, meets Alan Belcher on May 1

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jan 13, 2010 at 10:55 am ET

Out of action since an October 2008 title loss to middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Canadian fighter Patrick Cote (13-5 MMA, 4-5 UFC) makes his return at UFC 113 in May to fight Alan Belcher (15-6 MMA, 5-4 UFC).

Cote announced his event participation on Twitter earlier today, a day after Belcher posted a message announcing he had signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC.

UFC 113, which makes the UFC's third annual trip to Montreal, takes place May 1 at the Bell Centre and airs on pay-per-view.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17541/patrick-cote-announces-ufc-113-return-meets-alan-belcher-on-may-1.mma

Good to see Cote back. Excellent fight IMO.

Belcher is quite a tough opponent for someone coming back from a long layoff. Cote better make sure he's in top shape.

That's what I was thinking as well. I was seeing a few rumors about Cote fighting at that event and every potential fight that I was seeing was a difficult one. They certainly are not taking it easy on him.