Sign in to follow this  
SUNSTONE

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

Does anyone have links of Mir talking ****? All the interviews I've seen, the worst thing he said was that Kongo has the worst ground game in the HW division. Is that what everyone is up in arms about? I didn't think the "language barrier" statement was that much of a big deal. He just didn't want to talk and talk when his opponent barely said anything on the mic (obviously due to the fact that he doesn't speak english well).

Does anyone have links of Mir talking ****? All the interviews I've seen, the worst thing he said was that Kongo has the worst ground game in the HW division. Is that what everyone is up in arms about? I didn't think the "language barrier" statement was that much of a big deal. He just didn't want to talk and talk when his opponent barely said anything on the mic (obviously due to the fact that he doesn't speak english well).

Go to UFC.com and scroll the videos over a couple times and watch their part of the Countdown show.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Go to UFC.com and scroll the videos over a couple times and watch their part of the Countdown show.

I did, and I don't really see anything that bad in those interviews....Unless I'm watching the wrong interviews. He points out Kongo's weaknesses, which are absolutely glaring. He's not going after him personally. I just don't see what the big deal is.

I did, and I don't really see anything that bad in those interviews....Unless I'm watching the wrong interviews. He points out Kongo's weaknesses, which are absolutely glaring. He's not going after him personally. I just don't see what the big deal is.

It's the countdown show with the dark-voiced narrorator..the video is like 15 minutes long.

Throughout the video he takes jabs at Kongo's weaknesses but he really starts to lay it out there around the end. "Cheick, your standup is okay, my boxing is better, your takedowns suck, your takedown defense sucks." Relative to the UFC standard Mir is right, but rubbing it in the way he does is optional.

It's the countdown show with the dark-voiced narrorator..the video is like 15 minutes long.

Throughout the video he takes jabs at Kongo's weaknesses but he really starts to lay it out there around the end. "Cheick, your standup is okay, my boxing is better, your takedowns suck, your takedown defense sucks." Relative to the UFC standard Mir is right, but rubbing it in the way he does is optional.

OOOOKKKKAAAYYYYY. Must've missed that last part of the video. Mir is a ****y ass. Guess I was wrong.

But, I'm still rooting for him in the hopes that Brock makes a comeback. I'd really like to see them fight again.

I have a soft spot for Buentello. I think I've already tols the story a couple times on here. He is just one of those unassuming guys with one shot KO power. He is always underestimated. Sometimes rightfully so.

I'll never forget the night he took on "Baby Fedor" in the Affliction event. That kid was supposed to be the 2nd coming (some guys I was watching it with were all ga-ga over Emilienenko's prodigy, I was saying that Paul's no slouch) and Buentello literally dismantled him. I don't know if "Baby Fedor" will ever have the psyche to fight again after that thorough, calculated, physical beating.

Edited by Chachie

OOOOKKKKAAAYYYYY. Must've missed that last part of the video. Mir is a ****y ass. Guess I was wrong.

But, I'm still rooting for him in the hopes that Brock makes a comeback. I'd really like to see them fight again.

He just uses his passive agressive ****y tone the whole time. Half giggling while saying its a fifteen minute fight and he only needs one takedown. He makes it sound like Kongo doesn't even deserve to be in the TUF house. And he turns the conversation to Brock every chance he gets. I'll admit that if I just read the transcript I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it. He just rubs me the wrong way.

The only reason I want to see Mir fight Brock again is to see him humiliated again. Dana said recently that if BJ cleans out the division he'll probably want GSP again, but but after losing like he did he would have to work his way up the ladder to him. I think that applies to Mir-Brock as well. Mir was a rag doll in that fight. He should have to go through Cain and/or Carwin first.

Just watched Dana's video blog. At the end these two guys show Dana the signs they brought. One is this one with Rampage's face photoshopped on it.

mr-t1.jpg

The other one says "I Pity the Fool" with an arrow that points to the Mr. T pic when they both hold them up.

Dana laughs and tells his people to make sure they get great seats.

Love Dana White.

Edited by Sebowski

Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce: see Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach

Fitch by Submission, 2nd Round

Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce: Belcher is pissed that he got robbed by the judges in the Akiyama fight. I think he takes this right to Gouvia to make a statement. I like Goubia, but he had trouble making weight again. I don't think he is as motivated as Belcher is. Belcher by KO of the night. Wait.... Fitch-Pierce is on the main card instead? Really? Oh man... Who's Mike Pierce anyway?

Jon Fitch by TKO

You guys are going out on a limb, thinking that Fitch will finish a fight lol.

I'm psyched. :)

Who's hanging here tonight?

:cheers:

You guys are going out on a limb, thinking that Fitch will finish a fight lol.

Fitch hasn't finished a fight since June of 2007. he needs to finish this dude tonight.

was there no fight on the undercard more worthy than this? wow what a crappy fight

was there no fight on the undercard more worthy than this? wow what a crappy fight

:) I smell the sarcasm.