Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

you guys at work?

they dont show up as X's for me. its kimbo with a cowboy hat on and he is called black norris..the only man chuck fears..

I use IE at work I'm at home now and am on Firefox, still can't see it....sounds funny though....I saw him that night on the country music awards in a cowboy hat....funny as ****

Over on sherdog there is a rumor with a link stating that BJ gets the winner of GSP/Fitch. Tried the linky, no worky. Has anyone seen a legit source citing this?

EDIT: Also Diego vs Alves at UFC 89. mmaweekly.com has it posted under rumors.

Over on sherdog there is a rumor with a link stating that BJ gets the winner of GSP/Fitch. Tried the linky, no worky. Has anyone seen a legit source citing this?

EDIT: Also Diego vs Alves at UFC 89. mmaweekly.com has it posted under rumors.

i can see that if GSP wins, i don't imagine moving up would be worth it to him to fight Fitch.

i see Alves beating Sanchez to secure his title shot, hopefully he makes weight.

I saw that on Sherdog as well. There are not really a lot of blockbuster fights on the next couple of pay per views (but a lot of good ones IMHO), but there sure are some huge ones on the horizon if the cards fall like they should.

I just listened to Quinton's interview on Sherdog, he sounds pumped as hell for this fight.

The only thing I didn't like was hearing him say that (literally) he doesn't respect Forrest's punches. There's no way I bet against Rampage in this fight, but I'm hoping he doesn't truly believe that because that's usually when a fighter gets caught.

I just listened to Quinton's interview on Sherdog, he sounds pumped as hell for this fight.

The only thing I didn't like was hearing him say that (literally) he doesn't respect Forrest's punches. There's no way I bet against Rampage in this fight, but I'm hoping he doesn't truly believe that because that's usually when a fighter gets caught.

i don't see why he should respect Forrest's punches. Rampage has taken punches from much harder punchers than Forrest. its not like Forrest has 1 punch KO power.

Corrected for accuracy

Oh thats what I meant. I was bigger then him and talked SO much **** to him. Everyone from school went behind the store to watch us fight and I ended up looking like The Elephant Man afterwards.

He knocked me stupid. Shoot man, I have NO problems admitting that I have gotten my ass handed to me several times in my life. It happens and we cant all be Rampage's!! :laugh:

Because anyone can get caught at anytime

most definitely, but when i hear rampage saying he doesn't respect Forrest's punches, i don't think that means he'll just go in reckless. i interpreted that comment to mean that of all the problems Forrest may present, having KO power isn't one of them.

ask suge knight.

ask mike tyson.

ask me in the 8th grade :laugh:

Damn! I forgot about Suge Knight...still happy about that one, I assume that guy is still alive too?

most definitely, but when i hear rampage saying he doesn't respect Forrest's punches, i don't think that means he'll just go in reckless. i interpreted that comment to mean that of all the problems Forrest may present, having KO power isn't one of them.

I hope so, it's just how he went on about it that made me think maybe he would be more risky than normal, but he was fired up because the guys asked him about the Shogun loss and how Forrest beat Shogun and he went off.

I just hope it's a good fight. It needs to be to justify the cost of the PPV to me. The rest of the card is weak....and that's being kind. I keep telling myself that I won't fork out the money for the weak events....but yet they always manage to stick at least 1 fight in there that I REALLY want to see.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6631&zoneid=2

Since emerging in the Ultimate Fighting Championship two years ago, Anderson Silva has clearly proven his position as the No. 1 middleweight fighter in the world. Many have also bandied about the label of best pound-for-pound fighter in the same breath as the UFC middleweight champion.

Now he’s out to prove it. And for the first time in the promotion’s history, UFC president Dana White is giving his blessing to allow one of his champions to move among divisions in an attempt to hold two belts in two classes.

“(Ricarod Almeida) and Patrick Cote are going to fight on Saturday night and see who's next in line for Anderson Silva's 185-pound title,” said White at Thursday’s pre-fight press conference in anticipation of Saturday’s UFC 86 card in Las Vegas.

“Anderson Silva, being the monster that he is, you all know is going to move up to 205 on July 19. He's going to fight at 205. If everything goes well, he wants to move back to 185 and fight Sept. 6 in Atlanta, probably against Yushin Okami, then he wants to fight again two months later,” he continued.

That’s not where the blueprint ends. White later spoke to MMAWeekly.com, saying that not only are Silva’s next couple of middleweight fights lined out, but he also has White’s confidence in making a go at both retaining the middleweight belt and hunting down light heavyweight gold.

“When I talk about real fighter, this is the kind of guy I'm talking about. This guy sat down in a meeting with us, literally, two months ago and said you're not fighting me enough, I want to fight more,” explained White. “And he wants to keep proving himself. He's one of these guys that said my window is this big and I want to get everything in before this window closes.

“He wants to fight (July) 19. He wants to fight again Sept. 6 (at UFC 88), back down to 185 (pounds); he wants to defend his title, then again two months later. Anderson Silva might fight three or four more times this year. He might fight three or four more times this year and it's almost August!”

The only catch thus far is Silva has to get by James Irvin at the UFC Fight Night on July 19. He doesn’t have to win, at least to defend his middleweight belt, but he does have to come out unscathed.

“He just has to be healthy,” said White about being ready for a Sept. 6 defense. “I assume if he didn't win, he's probably not going to come out healthy unless it's a quick submission or something.” And he added an emphatic “yeah” when asked if Silva’s defense in Atlanta would be against No. 6 ranked Yushin Okami.

The idea then is to return to the Octagon a couple of months later, assuming he defeats Okami, and then face the UFC 86 winner between Ricardo Almeida and Patrick Cote said White.

“Yeah. Then he'll bounce back up to 205. He wants to fight 205 again, then go back to 185. He wants to keep sticking his foot in the 205 division to feel it out. Because what he's testing is, I think he wants both belts,” said White.

“He wants to hold both the 185 and the 205 pound belt and he wants to defend them both. Normally I won't let guys do stuff like that because it's just… stupid. I'll let Anderson Silva do it.”

Thats awesome. I think Dana is trying to keep Anderson happy since he won't let him box like he wants to. Maybe Anderson is trying to fight out all the fights on his contract so he can leave and box before coming back.

Just two theories. Either way, I'm happy about it.

Are we doing predictions? Here are mine:

Gonzaga KO McCully: C'mon, Gabe. Let's get it back on track. You were supposed to be awesome.

Tyson Griffin dec. Aurellio: Because that's what Tyson Griffin does.

Kos sub Lytle: Lytle's a gamer but Josh has too much talent.

Joe Daddy sub Tibau: Stevenson needs to impress and will.

Cote KO Almeida: Patrick can punch.

Quentin Jackson KO Forrest Griffin: Forrest is my fave but I think he's out of his league. (Of course, that's what I thought when he fought Rua...)

I didn't pick even one upset this time. This event doesn't have many tight matchups IMHO. All the favorites should cover.

my UFC 86 picks:

Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibeau: only thing Joe has to worry about is Tibeau's size. Tibeau is one of the biggest LW's around. Joe has the edge standing and with submissions and should be able to grind out a decision victory.

Stevenson by Unanimous Decision

Tyson Griffin vs. Marcus Aurelio: this has fight of the night written on it. both guys push a hard pace and neither has ever been finished in a fight. Aurelio has had some trouble wiht wrestlers in the past, but Griffin may want to keep it standing since Aurelio is slick as hell with his subs. i think this goes to decision with Aurelio pulling off the upset.

Aurelio by Split Decision

Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle: its actually pretty amazing how far Koscheck has come in his striking. When he was on TUF, he looked lost standing. the training at AKA has paid off because his striking looks natural now, not as defensive as it did. That said he shouldn't stand too long with Lytle as Lytle can end it in one shot. This could look alot like Lytle's match against Hughes. with Koscheck getting the takedown virtually whenever he wants to.

Koscheck by TKO, 2nd Round

Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida: Striker vs. Submission artist. Cote's only hope is to keep it standing, as his sub defense is not the best and he's facing one of the best submission guys in Almeida. Almeida would be foolish to trade hands with Almeida, and if he does Cote will end it with one shot. Almeida should just relentlessly go for the takedown and get it into his world.

Almeida by Submission, 2nd Round

Rampage vs. Forrest Griffin: Griffin is a testament to how far you can go on heart. he's well rounded, but not dominant in any area of MMA. Rampage isn't taking him lightly and he knows how hard Forrest can work. Cardio shouldn't be a problem for either, although we know Rampage can go 5 full rounds, we've yet to see it from Griffin. Rampage would be wise to stay away from the knees and watch for Forrest's leg kicks. Forrest would be wise to stay to the outside and use his reach to keep Rampage at a distance. Forrest doesn't have the best chin, and Rampage has KO power in both hands, i expect Rampage to connect on his chin and finish it with ground n pound.

Rampage by TKO, 3rd Round

UFC 86 picks:

Tyson Griffin vs. Marcus Aurelio: Griffin TKO 2nd round

Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle: Kos by gnp 1st round

Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida: Cote by tko 2nd round

Rampage vs. Forrest Griffin: Griffin tko 3rd round, catches Rampage with a crane kick followed by GNP