Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

:laugh:

Holy **** man, you're right you do reply faster than hell! :yikes: I see why you don't need to quote. :cheers:

yeah man, I have OCD when it comes to these things. I once took a typing test online and I hit 95WPM. Im sick :laugh:

Im gonna watch that Le fight though...

**** did anyone see last week's TUF? I had it recorded and just watched it, that first fight had one of the most gruesome knockouts I've ever seen. I felt bad for that guy.

usually when people get knocked out, they go silent, this guy was making all types of unintelligible noises.

i remember reading that he had the most severe grade of concussion you could receive after that, but he's doing ok now.

usually when people get knocked out, they go silent, this guy was making all types of unintelligible noises.

i remember reading that he had the most severe grade of concussion you could receive after that, but he's doing ok now.

Those noises are what made it so bad, I felt pretty bad for him and you could tell everyone else did too, the whole gym -including Dana White/Rampage/Forrest- were speechless.

And he didn't even remember what happened, he was asking the EMS guys if it happened in practice or in a fight, and then he asked Rampage where he was.

Those noises are what made it so bad, I felt pretty bad for him and you could tell everyone else did too, the whole gym -including Dana White/Rampage/Forrest- were speechless.

And he didn't even remember what happened, he was asking the EMS guys if it happened in practice or in a fight, and then he asked Rampage where he was.

That was scary. Dude was on Mars for a night.

One of the funniest moments of the show was Rampage saying the guy looked like Leonidas from 300. "Tonight we dine in hell!" :laugh:

That quickly turned sour. Sad to see a guy moaning in pain like that. Was good to see him concious, at least. Makes ya wonder how long it will be until something very serious happens. A fighter just died from head trauma due to strikes. Even though it wasn't picked up by national headlines, I fear it will happen again. You don't want fighters dying, and this sport will have a big black eye if a relatively well-known fighter does.

Dana White says he heard Forrest knocked out Kimbo in a sparring session with a leg kick.

He also says he'd match up Chuck against Kimbo if Kimbo can rack up some impressive wins.

http://deadspin.com/378886/dana-white-says-kimboliddell-fight-not-out-of-the-realm-of-possibility

"The fact is, Kimbo's not there yet. He would get destroyed. I heard he just got knocked out by Forrest Griffin last week in a sparring match after a kick to the head, " he said.

Dana White says he heard Forrest knocked out Kimbo in a sparring session with a leg kick.

He also says he'd match up Chuck against Kimbo if Kimbo can rack up some impressive wins.

http://deadspin.com/378886/dana-white-says-kimboliddell-fight-not-out-of-the-realm-of-possibility

"The fact is, Kimbo's not there yet. He would get destroyed. I heard he just got knocked out by Forrest Griffin last week in a sparring match after a kick to the head, " he said.

i would root for Kimbo solely to see Dana's post fight reaction :D

I don't understand why people hate Kimbo so much. He's just a guy with aspirations to be one of the best one day and he's training hard and taking this sport seriously and doing what he is supposed to be doing, I don't get all of the hate.

*But for the record, he'd get KO'd by Chuck

Im actually pretty happy with the UFC card this weekend. I was expecting it to be kind of bleh because there really wasnt much hype around it except for the Serra/GSP fight but this is going to be great!!

Sebowski, if youre not getting it I am!! PM me if you wanna cruise thru..

I don't understand why people hate Kimbo so much. He's just a guy with aspirations to be one of the best one day and he's training hard and taking this sport seriously and doing what he is supposed to be doing, I don't get all of the hate.

*But for the record, he'd get KO'd by Chuck

I don't think it's hate as much as his undeserved hype. The look he has, the youtube videos, the quick KO fights in the octagon. The guy is 2-0 against a washed up fatso and a guy that took a swan dive to the mat. How many people around the country do you think have heard of GSP, Big Nog or BJ Penn compared to Kimbo? Kimbo is more popular. And for a lot of casual MMA fans, Kimbo is what it's all about.

I'm personally a Kimbo fan and admire him for how serious he's taking the sport. He can inspire street fighters to get in to the gym instead of having a vale tudo in the school yard. I root for Kimbo and hope to see him climb the ladder as far as possible. But as of now, people will dislike the fact that he's fighting bums. On one hand, he should be given a pass because he's only 2-0. On the other hand, look at who Brock Lesnar is being put up against.

On one hand, he should be given a pass because he's only 2-0. On the other hand, look at who Brock Lesnar is being put up against.

Yeah Brock has taken the hard way in. No offense to Kimbo Slice, but Frank Mir would mop the octagon with him.

Yeah the guy didn't even know what happened or where the hell he was at. He did a descent in the first round until he got dropped like 5 seconds into the 2nd round. I think the two extra blows to his face while he was already knocked out didn't help either.

I don't think it's hate as much as his undeserved hype. The look he has, the youtube videos, the quick KO fights in the octagon. The guy is 2-0 against a washed up fatso and a guy that took a swan dive to the mat. How many people around the country do you think have heard of GSP, Big Nog or BJ Penn compared to Kimbo? Kimbo is more popular. And for a lot of casual MMA fans, Kimbo is what it's all about.

I know it's lame that he's more popular than guys like Big Nog and GSP but IMO, it's good for the sport, it gives it good exposure and Kimbo is going against guys that are in his league (or actually have more experience) so he's going to keep winning and impressing people, and at the same time he's a cool guy. Plus he looks like a black abominable snow man (from the claymation Rudolph movie):

bumble1.jpg

Yeah the guy didn't even know what happened or where the hell he was at. He did a descent in the first round until he got dropped like 5 seconds into the 2nd round. I think the two extra blows to his face while he was already knocked out didn't help either.

Yeah I think that's what got him more than the initial KO, Herb Dean didn't get there quite fast enough, if it were Steve Mazzagatti he would've stopped the fight before the KO :laugh:

I know it's lame that he's more popular than guys like Big Nog and GSP but IMO, it's good for the sport, it gives it good exposure and Kimbo is going against guys that are in his league (or actually have more experience) so he's going to keep winning and impressing people, and at the same time he's a cool guy. Plus he looks like a black abominable snow man (from the claymation Rudolph movie):

bumble1.jpg

That's true. He's like the abominable coal man. :laugh:

It's giving MMA great exposure, and that's why I root for the guy. He's an ambassador to the sport. Especially now when he'll be on network T.V. But the hate for Kimbo derives from the street fighting aura that has made him surpass champions in popularity. He gets casual fans to watch, he also makes casual fans uninformed, but at least he gets new fans to watch.

bumble1.jpg

OMG im laughing my ass off at that. :rotflmao:

Where can i find a list of bars showing the PPV this weekend? Im going to be out of town.

Where can i find a list of bars showing the PPV this weekend? Im going to be out of town.

I'm not sure where to find a list of bars showing the PPV, what city will you be in?

I'm going to be out of town too in Charlotte, NC so I'm just going to refrain from ES/MMA sites until Monday when I can watch the fight online.

I'm not sure where to find a list of bars showing the PPV, what city will you be in?

I'm going to be out of town too in Charlotte, NC so I'm just going to refrain from ES/MMA sites until Monday when I can watch the fight online.

If you wanted to watch it, Fox & Hound as well as Baileys in Charlotte shows them. There are a few F&H's and a Baileys around town.

I watched UFC there a few months ago. It was packed and a pretty good time.

Usually Hooters will show the fights. Just don't go to a good Hooters, you won't be lookin' at the fights. :)

If you wanted to watch it, Fox & Hound as well as Baileys in Charlotte shows them. There are a few F&H's and a Baileys around town.

I watched UFC there a few months ago. It was packed and a pretty good time.

Thanks for the heads up man, it's my buddy's birthday so hopefully I can steer everyone to Fox & Hound on Sat night :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up man, it's my buddy's birthday so hopefully I can steer everyone to Fox & Hound on Sat night :cheers:

No problem. Yeah, I usually go to the one in Ballantyne, it is a good time for the fights. If you go, try to get there a little early because it will fill up. They have three or four big screens that will be showing the fights in the dining area and then a few in the bar area. Everyone is usually really into it...it is a good time.