Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

18 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ha. It didn't really take a lot of effort.

For starters, almost everything, no matter how old or trivial, gets stored and filed away in my brain, and that happens naturally, not obsessively.

Second, it only takes a few moments to find something in a thread, with the "search topic" function. ;)

S***.

You're the Snopes of the MMA Thread.  DELETE DELETE!

I ALWAYS SAID Brad Pitt could toss Brews Lea in to a car!

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Fedor dominated him and finished him in the first round

Rampage fought and looked like a dude who trained at fast food spots leading up to the fight

Rampage 😂

Slow, tubby, awkward, defenseless. It was apparent immediately that he has NOTHING left. No way he even trained professionally for this.

meanwhile, Fedor, has lost some chin but still has great closing speed, hand power, and ring savvy. 

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

Just now, Chachie said:

Rampage 😂

Slow, tubby, awkward, defenseless. It was apparent immediately that he has NOTHING left. No way he even trained professionally for this.

remember that guy Rampage made fun of on The Ultimate Fighter for having titties?

Rampage is now that guy. he clearly showed up only for the check. hopefully they both retire

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Isn't it strange seeing a completely different Conor personality in a fight build-up.

Humble, quiet, respectful, focused.

Not that I'm surprised. He has obvious reasons to be more humble. Still seems weird.

Wondering how much that will translate into a better game for him.

I see him taking Cowboy in Rd 3 by TKO.

when you are currently being investigated for 2 sexual assaults, its probably best to pretend to be humble for a bit.

There was a reason Cerrone was selected for this fight. He is tailor made for Conor's style. I think Conor finishes it in the first round. Cerrone could make things interesting and try to get the fight to the ground where I think he could absolutely submit Conor, but I dont think he's willing to go that route despite it being the better play for him. If Cerrone somehow wins this fight, it says far more about Conor than Cerrone.

on a different note, I read that they're close to signing Cejudo/Aldo for UFC 250. With Yoel Romero getting next crack at Adesanya, that will make 2 fighters who will be given title shots coming off consecutive losses. Aldo is quite possibly my favorite fighter of all time, but it is bat**** crazy that he is even being considered for the shot. 135 is stacked with multiple, credible challengers for that belt.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Isn't it strange seeing a completely different Conor personality in a fight build-up.

Humble, quiet, respectful, focused.

Not that I'm surprised. He has obvious reasons to be more humble. Still seems weird.

Wondering how much that will translate into a better game for him.

I see him taking Cowboy in Rd 3 by TKO.

Yep. I'm going with Conor early or Cowboy late but if I have to make an "official" prediction, it's a safe bet on McGregor.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

There was a reason Cerrone was selected for this fight. He is tailor made for Conor's style. I think Conor finishes it in the first round. Cerrone could make things interesting and try to get the fight to the ground where I think he could absolutely submit Conor, but I dont think he's willing to go that route despite it being the better play for him. If Cerrone somehow wins this fight, it says far more about Conor than Cerrone.

I keep thinking that Cerrone's insistence on fighting Conor in a strictly stand-up style is a bluff. He HAS to know that his mat game is way better than Conor's... right?

Also- Conor's left hand (especially in the early rounds) may be the best in the biz but it's really only deadly to guys like Aldo and Eddie Alvarez, both of whom are much shorter than McGregor and depended on getting in close to get their shots off. I think Cowboy's height and his leg reach will help him there. 

(I'll check back in after the fight when Conor lands a deadly left hand counter in the first round because Donald got stupid, ducked and rushed.)  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I keep thinking that Cerrone's insistence on fighting Conor in a strictly stand-up style is a bluff. He HAS to know that his mat game is way better than Conor's... right?

Perhaps, but you could say the same thing about Nate, regarding the 2nd fight.

The first fight, he only time attempted the submission route, was after Conor was badly hurt.

Then, even after successfully submitting him, he still decided to keep the 2nd fight standing for the better part of 5 rounds.

Hard to say what Cerrone will actually do, but I'm pretty sure of one thing, that both guys will be doing a lot of kicking, to set up their end goal.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

when you are currently being investigated for 2 sexual assaults, its probably best to pretend to be humble for a bit.

on a different note, I read that they're close to signing Cejudo/Aldo for UFC 250. With Yoel Romero getting next crack at Adesanya, that will make 2 fighters who will be given title shots coming off consecutive losses. Aldo is quite possibly my favorite fighter of all time, but it is bat**** crazy that he is even being considered for the shot. 135 is stacked with multiple, credible challengers for that belt.

Who is at 135? 

I think it’s worse than Dana has been on the recording saying Conor gets a title shot at khabib with a win over Donal Cerrone which makes absolutely no sense. 

57 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Who is at 135? 

I think it’s worse than Dana has been on the recording saying Conor gets a title shot at khabib with a win over Donal Cerrone which makes absolutely no sense. 

Petry Yan - 6 fight win streak,

Aljamain Sterling - 4 fight win streak, including 2 over top 10 guys at the time

Marlon Moraes - won 5 of 6, only losing to Cejudo. should be noted he pretty much kicked Cejudo's ass in the opening round before gassing out.

Pedro Muhnoz - won 3 of his last 4, only dropped to Sterling

Cory Sandhagen - younger prospect, but he'll be a title contender in a year or two. still more deserving than Aldo

Edited by StillUnknown

10 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don’t think Marlon deserves it. He lost decisively to Henry. I would give it to peter yan. 

Moraes deserves it more than Aldo. Yan & Sterling have equal claims to the shot IMO.

i hate it because you know this will just make it easier for the UFC to do it again in the future

More proof that conor’s trash talk is just an act. He can sell a fight though. 

perhaps he is more mature now and appreciates it from being away. Or maybe it’s the scrutiny of the assault charges. 

i admit i like him better as the calm

respectful grateful fighter but his trash talk is legendary. 

it’d be weird for him to lose the comeback fight but cerrone has the ground game if he uses it. 

6 hours ago, illone said:

it’d be weird for him to lose the comeback fight but cerrone has the ground game if he uses it. 

That would be the smart strategy. Cerrones chin is pretty suspect at this point of his career.

But they call him Cowboy for a reason. True wild man. Never know what he's gonna do.