Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

29 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I  was in a bar watching Stephens-Rodriquez fight.

No audio. The audio was on the Georgia college football game.

But what a weird fight.

• The supposed eye poke looked like it was nowhere near the left eye that Stephens acted like he was suffering from.

doesn't take much to scratch a cornea. even if it was glancing, thats enough to finish him for the night. Stephens is a lot of things, but he ain't the type to run from a fight

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

doesn't take much to scratch a cornea. even if it was glancing, thats enough to finish him for the night. Stephens is a lot of things, but he ain't the type to run from a fight

Every single camera angle replay they showed, was from the opposite side of the head. So it did make it hard for the viewer to get an accurate idea.

Yea, it wouldn't have made sense to fake an injury within seconds of the fight's beginning.

3 hours ago, Chachie said:

Huge letdown but I feel bad for Lil Heathen. Those fans in Mexico were putrid for throwing garbage at him.

The guy already has trouble seeing, while he's walking out of the arena, so with basically on eye, he he has to try to avoid garbage thrown at him from all angles.

Also, what if a piece of garbage hits him in his already injured eye ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The guy already has trouble seeing, while he's walking out of the arena, so with basically on eye, he he has to try to avoid garbage thrown at him from all angles.

Also, what if a piece of garbage hits him in his already injured eye ?

I read that he went out to Mexico 6 weeks early to get used to elevation. all that time and extra money, gone in 15 seconds. no "win" money, no chance for a bonus performance check

I've said it before, MMA has the largest collective group of just trash fans of any sport I watch. boxing is a close second.

caught up on yesterdays card

Jared Cannonier might be a problem at 185 or he might not be. so hard to tell who is actually good in that division right now beyond Whittaker/Adesanya/Costa/Romero

also caught Bellator's FW tourney card: AJ McKee scored an 8 second KO in his first round match. I try not to get hyped about prospects because they always let me down, looking at you Aaron Pico, but McKee seemingly has the traits you look for. If he's now adding power to his game, he will be hell for anyone to beat.

Whittaker's gameplan seemed to be to rush Izzy and apply pressure, Gastelum had some success with that. Problem is that Whittaker was throwing everything with full force and it left himself open to be countered. Izzy largely avoided the biggest of Whittaker's shot and finished him with a short left in the middle of a Whittaker blitz

accuracy & timing is just as good as devastating power

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Costa vs Israel is going to be great. That roid chin is serious

Indeed. But I'm also looking forward to a rematch between IA and KG.

That fight could have easily gone either way, and maybe a good stylistic matchup. Probably will have to wait a while for that one.

Interesting also, to see how long before IA goes down with an injury ; because isn't it like a UFC tradition, that once a new fighter becomes champ, it's common for him to go down for significant time with an injury or surgery. Then another Interim champ is unveiled.