Sign in to follow this  
SUNSTONE

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

On 7/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, StillUnknown said:

she will probably win tomorrow night because Germain De Randamie is not very good once you take her down, but I feel like if you look like this on the scale, you probably should not be fighting 24 hours later

Maybe, just maybe, try fighting in your true weight class?

Posted (edited)

Really interesting main event tonight, with not much else of interest on the card. RDA & Leon Edwards are two of the most well-rounded fighters at 170. Edwards has really only lost to guys who were physically strong enough to hold him down. RDA has trouble against pressure, but thats not really Edwards' game. Not sure how exciting the fight will be, but i'm definitely interested.

They're still trying to make Greg Hardy a thing so he's fighting on the main card. Don't know much about his opponent, but if he's being allowed to fight Greg Hardy, I question how good he could possibly be

UFC is brave for putting 3 HW fights on the main card. HW MMA typically goes one of two ways: devastating first round finish, or a sloppy, boring decision in which both men are gassed after round 1

Edited by StillUnknown

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Got koed bad and seemed to twist his knee in the process. 

again, I can't imagine what it must feel like mentally to go through a 6-8 week training camp to end up KO'd and possible ligament damage in 11 seconds

Edited by StillUnknown

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

RDA should be fighting at 155

the cut was getting bad for him

he's doing fine at 170, he's fighting some of the best in the division and he's competitive with them. just coming up a little short

10 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m surprised no one posted about Jon jones warranty 

What a great fighter. What an enormous douchebag. I'll say it again: I hate his smarmy jerk face. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m surprised no one posted about Jon jones warranty 

Par for his course

Weidman makes his LHW debut Oct 18th, against Reyes, who was previously thought to be a top contender.

I imagine if he beats Reyes, he will probably get a shot at Jones, if he isn't still in trouble at the time.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Weidman makes his LHW debut Oct 18th, against Reyes, who was previously thought to be a top contender.

I imagine if he beats Reyes, he will probably get a shot at Jones, if he isn't still in trouble at the time.

even with a win, he'd be 2 for his last 6. I know LHW is paper thin, but giving a dude a title shot on 2-4 in his last 6 is crazy

then again, the UFC is pretty stupid nowadays so what do I know

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

even with a win, he'd be 2 for his last 6. I know LHW is paper thin, but giving a dude a title shot on 2-4 in his last 6 is crazy

You remember when they gave hendo a title shot after being 2-4 in his last 6? I do. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

We could also make a case that he doesn't even deserve the high-ranking Reyes, for the same reason you cited. So, with that matchup being made, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get Jones after this win. Reyes had been in the conversation as Jones' possible next opponent. Although it looks like they're leaning towards Anderson. Blachowicz wouldn't surprise me, either.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

Oh Dana......

Also Dana lying about Cyborg not wanting to fight Nunes again.  Dude gets away with so much nonsense because major media still doesn't pay MMA much attention.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

the card tomorrow is pretty bad

I agree.

But I think the one I'm looking forward to the most, is probably Niko Price.

He's delivered a couple exciting and highly impressive KO's in 2 of his last 3 fights.

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Reyes had been in the conversation as Jones' possible next opponent. Although it looks like they're leaning towards Anderson.

Looking more and more like the #8 ranked guy might get a title shot.

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

it would be very MMA for Jones to lose to a non-descript fighter like Corey Anderson

and very Jones-like, too...

the way he seems to "play down" to the level of his opponent so frequently...he keeps doing that, for whatever reason he does it, and it may eventually cost him a fight

• Like 1