Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Huh. I thought Max won rounds 3-5 with 1 possibly being a 10-8 to Dustin. A draw wouldn't have surprised me at all. 

Absolutely awful scorecards for this fight, though I have no issue with Dustin winning. Great, close fight. 49-46 doesn't do it justice at all.

rewatched Adesanya/Gastelum and man Kelvin is going to have nightmares about the end of that 4th round. He had Adesanya rocked bad with less than a minute to go and chose to attempt a takedown for some reason. I think he could have possibly ended it with a couple placed strikes.

that fight is right up there with Bones/Gus for best title fight I've seen in the UFC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

rewatched Adesanya/Gastelum and man Kelvin is going to have nightmares about the end of that 4th round. He had Adesanya rocked bad with less than a minute to go and chose to attempt a takedown for some reason. I think he could have possibly ended it with a couple placed strikes.

Yea, I was wondering the same thing when that happened.

Maybe he thought Adesanya was still very dangerous while he was hurt, and thought he had a better chance at ending it via GNP.

But like you said, he could have at least thrown some careful, deliberate, precise strike attempts.

Rather KG acted as if he was the one that was hurt.

I wanna see a rematch.

However, it remains to be seen if KG is the same fighter, after that damage he took.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, I was wondering the same thing when that happened.

Maybe he thought Adesanya was still very dangerous while he was hurt, and thought he had a better chance at ending it via GNP.

But like you said, he could have at least thrown some careful, deliberate, precise strike attempts.

Rather KG acted as if he was the one that was hurt.

I wanna see a rematch.

However, it remains to be seen if KG is the same fighter, after that damage he took.

also thought the ref definitely should have stopped it late in the 5th. Would have sucked for Gastelum, but refs really shouldn't pay attention to time anyway. Gastelum was getting up on muscle memory alone on those last 2 shots he ate.

• Like 2

so Greg Hardy getting another co-main event tomorrow night?

not enough that he's a piece of **** individual, not enough that he looked like dog **** in his UFC debut, gotta milk his "fame" as much as they can.

I can only imagine how bad his opponent must be. If they're going to keep him in the spotlight, they're going to match him as favorably as they possibly can

On 4/26/2019 at 6:02 PM, StillUnknown said:

so Greg Hardy getting another co-main event tomorrow night?

not enough that he's a piece of **** individual, not enough that he looked like dog **** in his UFC debut, gotta milk his "fame" as much as they can.

I can only imagine how bad his opponent must be. If they're going to keep him in the spotlight, they're going to match him as favorably as they possibly can

Confirmed.

His opponent was just terrible.

noticed it in his fight with Weidman, and definitely last night, Jacare's speed on his strikes is completely gone. 40 years old, so it to be expected, but it really limits his options. Sucks that he won't get to fight for the title, but thats the game. If he can't finish his opponent, he'll likely lose decisions moving forward if he continues to fight. He doesn't even try to grapple much anymore because he knows his gas tank won't support that move

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Anyone else really despise the UFC moving to ESPN + this year ? Maybe im old and cranky but is there even a way to watch this on my TV for christ sake

Yep.  The Fight Pass was the first step, but at least then most of the Fight Nights were still on FX or FOX.  Now with ESPN  a much bigger percentage of cards require you to pay extra to see.  It's lame.  I already pay a lot of money just to have ESPN/ESPN2/etc etc in the first place.   Oh well, my firestick never lets me down ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yep.  The Fight Pass was the first step, but at least then most of the Fight Nights were still on FX or FOX.  Now with ESPN  a much bigger percentage of cards require you to pay extra to see.  It's lame.  I already pay a lot of money just to have ESPN/ESPN2/etc etc in the first place.   Oh well, my firestick never lets me down ;)

Yeah i dont have a problem paying the 5 bucks a month for ESPN +  my issue is i just want to sprawl out on the couch after a long work week and watch the fights on the TV not hunched over in my office watching on a computer screen . I m surprised a upcoming sport like UFC would go this route and limit the amount of viewers with such a horrible model. 

8 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

The ufc is very inconsistent about who gets immediate rematches

Didnt really feel like the first fight called for one.

You could make an argument for that. There's also reasonable arguments against that, as well. So it's not super clear cut.

The other issue is, there's really noone in heavyweight that is clearly deserving of a title shot.

They all have asterisks and questions, at the least.

You could make a case for JDS and his 3 win streak, but only 1 of those wins was against a ranked opponent.

Ngannou probably is the strongest case, other than Miocic. He has questions about earning it, after his embarrassing

loss in the title fight last time, not to mention the utter snooze-fest he put on against Lewis.

However his KO's against Cain and Blaydes probably give him a good justification, so I wouldn't put up a huge argument if he got the next title shot.

To sum it up, the whole HW is a big mess and a grey area, so it's really difficult to make a super strong argument about anyone getting the next shot

at DC.

• Like 1

not much on this card excites me. even if they produce good fights, the rest of the card is complete nondescripts who will likely never be anything more than mid-tier card fillers

Raging Al always does the opposite of what I think will happen in his fights (except Khabib)

I want Al to win just because he likes to needle Dana from time to time. Cerrone is exciting, but we know his ceiling, he's essentially angling for one last money fight against some irish fellow. 

I like Al's hands better than Cerrone's, but I also think Cerrone's kicking game can keep him out of range and give Al problems. Cerrone by SD

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1