Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I suppose he'd have to try his hand in the UFC before we find out.

/QUOTE]

Not really. There are plenty of good middleweights outside the UFC. Strikeforce and EliteXC even has some of them.

Trigg

Lawler

Ninja

Kang

Lindland

Misaki

Villasenor

As far as Le being in the top ten I think people are getting ahead of themselves. Does anybody think Sonnen wouldn't crush him? I'd take Lawler and Trigg over Le anyday. I might even take Villasenor over him.

I suppose he'd have to try his hand in the UFC before we find out.

/QUOTE]

Not really. There are plenty of good middleweights outside the UFC. Strikeforce and EliteXC even has some of them.

Trigg

Lawler

Ninja

Kang

Lindland

Misaki

Villasenor

As far as Le being in the top ten I think people are getting ahead of themselves. Does anybody think Sonnen wouldn't crush him? I'd take Lawler and Trigg over Le anyday. I might even take Villasenor over him.

le would smoke trigg. Him vs lawler would be a great fight.

As far as the Shamrock/Le fight, it was a good fight. Le won that fight by introducing a style I don't think I've ever seen. He was essentially using sheer boxing technique with his feet. Jabbing with the side kicks, body and head shots were like hooks. Just kept coming and coming. Le won the fight with those side kicks.

People will point to an "unfortunate" broken wrist for Shamrock, but that is a legit TKO in my eyes. Le broke it because Shamrock couldn't get away from blocking them. 100% win for Le, no excuses. Shamrock was graceful in defeat.

People will always point out Shamrock's arrogance, but it brings a great element to the fight. Always have liked fighters like Sakuraba, Rampage and Frank...have always liked that loose comfort fighters show while they're in there. Still admire Frank, hope to see a rematch.

People will always point out Shamrock's arrogance, but it brings a great element to the fight. Always have liked fighters like Sakuraba, Rampage and Frank...have always liked that loose comfort fighters show while they're in there. Still admire Frank, hope to see a rematch.

Gotta admit it. It makes me watch him every time he fights. He brings a magic.

Trigg is a well-rounded fighter. I think he'd be hard-pressed to crawl a fight with Le to the ground. But Le beating Shamrock cannot be underestimated, no matter how injured Shamrock (always) is. I think if it mostly stays on the feat, Le will take him. Kid's kicks are incredibly overwhelming. Trigg would easily go to sleep from some of the shots Shamrock took last night.

Frank is an idiot. He definitely could have won that fight, but was way too ****y and insisted on standing up. I'm kind of glad he had to quit. I still have my doubts about Le though. He lacks true power, and we have no clue if he's capable of anything off his back.

Now, to sig bets. I think Dance04 was my initial bet, and that's who I was trying to find, but StillUnkown jumped in at some point. Any chance you guys could just collaborate on a sig and I'll put it up? I was only planning on betting one person, not two, but I don't welch on bets, so if you insist, you can each create a sig.

Frank is an idiot. He definitely could have won that fight, but was way too ****y and insisted on standing up. I'm kind of glad he had to quit. I still have my doubts about Le though. He lacks true power, and we have no clue if he's capable of anything off his back.

I agree about Le's unknown ground game, and let's not forget he's 35 years old. But dude still has great power in those legs, and has some real good pop to his punches. Let's not forget Shamrock's silly-tough jaw. I was wondering the whole fight why Frank took one lightly-executed shot. Was he cautious of getting side kicked on the way in? That's all Le was keeping him at bay with. Amazing side kicks, but they ARE side kicks, nonetheless.

HUGE card tomorrow night. I wish I could see them all.

I'm still torn on a couple picks.

Who ya got?

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 13: APRIL 2, 2008 ON SPIKE TV

venue: Broomfield Event Center in Broomfield, Colorado

Main Card Bouts:

-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon

-Karo Parisyan (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Thiago Alves

-Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch

-Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz

-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard**

-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin

Preliminary Bouts:

-Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Roberts

-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer

-Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox

-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo

-George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan

-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson

i don't understand how Greg Maynard can call out Edgar and get a match that quick. Edgar has nothing to gain from beating him. Edgar should be next in line for title shot after Sherk in my opinion. He beat Tyson Griffin and Spencer Fisher, and yet he's stuck facing someone who couldn't win The Ultimate Fighter. doesn't make much sense to me.

just a reminder, the card starts at 7pm(est) tomorrow

Who ya got?

Main Card Bouts:

Preliminary Bouts:

Wow. Every fight is a must-see. Where does Guida get off fighting a Schiavo? Hasn't that family been through enough?

(Okay, that was in poor taste but FUNNY.)

my picks in red:

Who ya got?

Main Card Bouts:

Preliminary Bouts:

Main Card Bouts:

-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon- Florian by sub.

-Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves- Karo, but it won't be easy.

-Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch- Hamill by sub.

-Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz- Diaz, baby! Sub.

-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard- Maynard, decision.

-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin- Alexander by KO.

Preliminary Bouts:

-Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Roberts- Who?

-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer- Neer by dec.

-Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox- Manny by dec.

-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo- Guida and he better do it with authority. Too many close bouts. KO.

-George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan- George by dec.

-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson- Johnson. He's a beast. KTFO.

There you have it. My predictions on the spot with no research whatsoever. see you guys tomorrow night!!

I thought they were showing the entire card?

They extended it from 2hrs to 3, but that still left a bunch of fights off. This will be loaded with commercials. I'll probably DVR and skip through them.

Hopefully they end quickly and they can squeeze more on tv.

They extended it from 2hrs to 3, but that still left a bunch of fights off. This will be loaded with commercials. I'll probably DVR and skip through them.

Hopefully they end quickly and they can squeeze more on tv.

Yeah I'll prob DVR it for about 30 minutes then get impatient. I know UFC used to have something where you could watch the prelims on their web site, I'll check into that and see if they still do it and if they're doing it for the Fight Night card.

Also, only about 3 weeks later and we'll have the Serra vs. GSP event.

The top moments in Ultimate Fighter history is on right now on Spike, if yall are around.

I caught the end of that in bed last night. I'd have to say that I agree. I can't really think of a more important time for TUF than the Griffin/Bonnar fight. That was one of the best fights I've ever seen.

I caught the end of that in bed last night. I'd have to say that I agree. I can't really think of a more important time for TUF than the Griffin/Bonnar fight. That was one of the best fights I've ever seen.

Agreed. That entire fight can be found on youtube...but the quality of the video doesn't do it justice.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

What an incredible fight. I remember watching with my mouth hanging open; that's the moment that made me watch the UFC more than Pride.

Did you catch what place Rashad's fake-out fest was? That had to be high.

Predictions for UFC Fight Night 4/2/2008 (only the ones I care about)

Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer: This may look like a gimme because Tommy was a warrior on TUF, but Anthony Johnson knocked out 17-3 Chad Reiner 13 seconds in to their fight less than a year ago. Losses like that can be considered flukes, but Johnson is a promising young fighter. This is a win-win fight for the UFC. I'll take Johnson in a TKO upset.

Roman Mitichyan vs. George Sotiropoulos: I was never impressed with George. The guy has no stand up game. Roman has a dash of standup, but this fight is going straight to the floor unless one of them wants to pull out a surprise. I think George will win the submission battle. Armbar Round 1.

Samy Schiavo vs. Clay Guida: Clay has been in a rut for over two years. But any MMA fan knows that those L's are better than most fighter's W's. Schiavo could be a sneaky fighter that Clay cannot take lightly. Schiavo isn't Roger Heurta, but Clay needs to pretend he is. The guy has KO power and knows submissions. I'll take clay by RNC in the 2nd.

Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas: This is a real good matchup. Din has been fighting much better guys lately, and I think he's due to woop some ass. Kimura in the 3rd.

Gray Maynard vs. Frank Edgar: I think Frank is for real. Guy has a really sound standup and can hang with strong guys on the ground. He'll win this and be a big fight away from B.J./Sherk. Unanimous Decision.

James Irvin vs. Houston Alexander: Good matchup for Houston, but not that good. Still a lot of unanswered questions for Houston. How good is his chin? We might find out tonight how much he "slipped" when Jardine clipped his chin. Houston needs to be more technically sound for this fight. He'll pull this out if he can keep his excitement down and his defense up. Late first round KO.

Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz: These guys are finishers. This fight should be scrappy and the aggression should be against Nate. He's a methodical fighter and wants to open business with a stalled ground fight. I think Pellegrino's intensity should out-do Nate. I question Nate's heart, and therefore will take Pellegrino by RNC in round 3.

Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch: I really like Boetsch. He looks like he picks fights in bars, but the guy is really technically sound. He's also a scrappy, pressing, and mean fighter. Hamill isn't a pushover, he has fought pretty good fighters. This is a good test for both of these guys. I'll take Tim by TKO strikes in round 2.

Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan: Good matchup. Karo, the master of decisions, will probably be going for another one. Thiago is going to go for the homerun when each round starts. When he misses, Karo will shoot and toy with him on the ground with better positioning and submission attempts. I think Karo will break out of his decisions and pull a late armbar. Armbar round 3.

Joe Lauzon vs. Kenny Florian: Good matchup here, and I think Lauzon will come out pumped, but Flo is a gamer. I think Lauzon will be a little over confident. Kenny's ground and pound will score points and he'll squeak out the win. Unanimous decision.

Agreed. That entire fight can be found on youtube...but the quality of the video doesn't do it justice.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

What an incredible fight. I remember watching with my mouth hanging open; that's the moment that made me watch the UFC more than Pride.

Did you catch what place Rashad's fake-out fest was? That had to be high.

Nah, I sure didn't I turned it on just in time to see Dana talking to Forrest and Stephen Bonnar. Thanks for the links though, it's been a while since I've seen that fight.