Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

17 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Prime JDS would wreck him imo. 

I believe there's a high probability that even "current JDS" would wreck him.

Not by as much as prime JDS, of course. But I can see JDS finishing him.

As for Prime JDS, he would wreck just about anybody not named Cormier, or Prime, Healthy, Sea Level Cain.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

The report indicated McGregor was leaving the Fontainebleau Miami Beach shortly after 5 a.m. Monday when a 22-year-old man attempted to take a picture of McGregor. Police said McGregor slapped the phone out of the man's hand and then stomped on it several times. Investigators said McGregor then grabbed the phone and left the area. Police later found McGregor at his local address.

http://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/id/26232937/ufc-star-mcgregor-arrested-miami-beach

On 3/23/2019 at 11:00 PM, StillUnknown said:

Wonderboy dead

Pettis was being thoroughly picked apart for the duration of the fight, then landed a superman punch. 

For all of his flash, Wonderboy is a boring fighter

I think another way to put it, is that he is simply a one-dimensional fighter.

Hence, when he faces stylistic matches that favor his one dimension, he appears flashy.

But when he faces matches that negate his one dimension, that he becomes boring.

• Like 1

good main event tonight on espn, not sure about the rest of the card

Barboza & Gaethje are two of my favorite fighters. Barboza is better overall striker, but Gaethje is a pretty bad style matchup for him I think. Barboza needs space to operate and his striking gets more predictable when pressured. Gaethje is the walking embodiment of pressure. The unknown factor is the how each fighter is holding up physically. Barboza won his last fight, but spent his previous 2 taking 40 minutes of beatdowns from Khabib & Kevin Lee. Gaethje seems to be in a war no matter who he is fighting. You never know when their bodies will just say "enough" and they start to fall a little easier from shots they could eat before.

there are avenues for Barboza to win this fight, but I'm picking Gaethje tko because of accumulation of damage around the 3rd

Edited by StillUnknown

• 2 weeks later...

After what Max did to Brian Ortega, I can't see him losing tonight. He's just too punishing. MMA is a crazy sport but if Dustin wins this I'll be completely shocked. He'd better jump on Max early. Once Holloway's motor gets warm, the chances of an upset drop precipitously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Dustin hits hard man, and is usually pretty calm in a war. I think Max wins, but Dustin is criminally underrated

Hoping Adesanya beats Gastelum. Not sure why, but I do not like Gastelum whatsoever

I think he is overrated. Same dude that got face planted by Johnson. I think at LW. Max, Conor, and Khabib are terrible match ups for Dustin. 

38 minutes ago, Chachie said:

After what Max did to Brian Ortega, I can't see him losing tonight. He's just too punishing. MMA is a crazy sport but if Dustin wins this I'll be completely shocked. He'd better jump on Max early. Once Holloway's motor gets warm, the chances of an upset drop precipitously.

I don't think Max's fight with Ortega has much importance to this matchup. Ortega is just not nearly as good as Dustin. Outside of being knocked dead by Michael Johnson, Dustin has shown some considerable toughness. He took the best shots of Alvarez and Gaethje over 3 fights and did not lose

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I think he is overrated. Same dude that got face planted by Johnson. I think at LW. Max, Conor, and Khabib are terrible match ups for Dustin. 

Johnson hits fast and incredibly hard, you get caught, you go down. He withstood 4 rounds of power shots from Gaethje and stopped him.

Saying Conor & Khabib are bad matchups is not a bad thing, they are for almost everybody at 155

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Johnson hits fast and incredibly hard, you get caught, you go down. He withstood 4 rounds of power shots from Gaethje and stopped him.

I'm confused here. You're saying Johnson stopped Gaethje ? Wasn't it the other way around ?

Maybe you're confusing Johnson with Poirier ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm confused here. You're saying Johnson stopped Gaethje ? Wasn't it the other way around ?

Maybe you're confusing Johnson with Poirier ?

yeah I meant Johnson stopped Poirier, then Poirier went on to have wars with Alvarez & Gaethje without being stopped

Gaethje hits as hard as anyone in division

• Thanks 1