Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Different from being in shape and fight shape. Mendes doesn't get fat like Hendricks between fight, but I seriously doubt he stays in fight shape year round. I don't think that's maintainable.

Valid points about the weight issue.

I just wish we could have a true championship fight, without asterisks.

Seems like the "perfect fight" with no asterisks is almost impossible to expect.

Random thought, I'm not looking forward to Lawler/Hendricks III

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

That fight may very well be a close one, because both fighters probably have suffered some serious damage/wear, as of late.

You sure?  Since his loss to Overreem (which was 4.5 years ago) Todd Duffee is 3-0, with three 1st round KO's, two of which were at the 30 second mark.  At least according to Sherdog.

You sure?  Since his loss to Overreem (which was 4.5 years ago) Todd Duffee is 3-0, with three 1st round KO's, two of which were at the 30 second mark.  At least according to Sherdog.

Those stats are correct, and no doubt he has some impressive wins. But on the other hand, his 2 losses were devastating. Between Overeem and Mike Russow, he may have been exposed as having a weak chin. Those KO losses were consecutive. And he was dropped with ease, each time. And both times, he was out cold and limp.

I'm not counting him out, by any means though. I'm as excited as you are, to see which Todd Duffee shows up. The possibly damaged goods one, or perhaps a revitalized one.

Russow crackin the chin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy8siMt6bac

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Take a deep breath before you read the next line yall.

-----------

Conor and Faber are the coaches of the next TUF.

http://m.ufc.com/news/McGregor-Faber-to-Coach-The-Ultimate-Fighter?utm_campaign=UFC&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1436753977

at least they're not fighting..........thats all I got

TUF needs to go the way of Ol Yeller. Brock couldn't save its ratings, Rousey couldn't save its ratings. Conor probably gives them a 2 episode bump in ratings then people will remember its TUF and proceed to not give a damn.

More stuff to get in the way of trotting Conor out there again. His first title defense will not come quickly. Dana is going to protect his successful Chael Sonnen upgrade.

Double Barboza action. Except Barboza instantly flatlined Etim, Wonderboy made Ellenberger see the lights above the octagon twice. Crazy, Ellenberger dropped him early on.

Good cap to the weekend.

That Etim KO is still the funniest MMA fall I've seen

He fell as if he were photoshopped

• Like 1

Double Barboza action. Except Barboza instantly flatlined Etim, Wonderboy made Ellenberger see the lights above the octagon twice. Crazy, Ellenberger dropped him early on.

Good cap to the weekend.

I was thinking that if Wonderboy had any submission game, he could have ended the fight a few times. But...I think the way he ended it was just fine with him. Haha. 

Fedor, taking note on how weak the HW division is

In an interview with the Russian website Union MMA published Tuesday, Emelianenko, 38, said he was contemplating a return to the sport. Sources within UFC and Bellator have been aware of this and there have at least been pitches with the idea of him doing one last fight. Bloody Elbow also reported the heavyweight fighter is returning to competition.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/14/8965293/fedor-says-he-is-interested-in-returning-to-mma

I don't want Fedor to come back, that ship has sailed, MMA has evolved from when he was in his prime.  Could he still beat some of the fighters on the UFC/Bellator roster? I am sure he can, but I also see his lack of quickness from his prime, being a major obstacle for him to overcome.

All that said, it doesn't mean what he is saying is inaccurate as far as the quality of HW division currently.  UFC has been trying to sell Cain as the greatest thing since sliced bread and while he has a lot of great skills, he isn't nearly the dominant guy they push him as. It's not the worst thing in the world not to have your champ be head and shoulders above the competition. Just look at the LHW division, where no one is really a threat to Bones Jones for the time being for multiple reasons.

Just fight in the UFC. Bellator is an abomination.

if he's coming back, its probably for financial reasons

He's going to the highest bidder. Bellator has that Viacom money. The UFC wants to go to Russia for a show in the not so distant future, he would be a great way to break into the area.

Fedor's legacy is secure in my book. I wish he stayed retired, but if someone will offer you close to millions to fight, I can see the allure.

Edited by StillUnknown