Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Reem doesn't deserve that fight. It should be Miocic

Agreed. Overate is getting by on his legend. His offense is nice but his chin doesn't hold up.

Man, Fab shook off some big shots tonight. A rematch with JDS will be interesting.

As for Cain leading with his face, that's what he does. Puts pressure by moving forward, dives in with his head & then goes for clinch against the cage. Werdum trained well for Cain, he deserves the belt.

His striking defense has always been a question since the Kongo fight. Yes he beat the crap out of JDS for 10 rounds, but his takedowns were out of the equation this fight, and Werdum stayed tight, throwing well-timed straight shots up the pike. Great jabs tonight.

Just because Cain wants to overwhelm folks doesn't mean he shouldn't tighten up that striking game. His output is phenomenal, but when you get countered several times in and around full-throttle attacks, it's super tiring. He leaves his chin up, he throws caution to the wind, his head movement is sometimes erratic and at the neck like a bobblehead doll. There were a few times I thought he was going to get dropped, just by the way he was exchanging.

Cordiero is a legend. Kinda fell off the radar several years ago, but he's again shown himself to be a top coach in the sport. This is one of the biggest feathers in his cap.

Credit to Werdum too, guy seems to soak up knowledge like an enormous sponge.

It's like a Cy Young winner who also bats .300.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Agreed. Overate is getting by on his legend. His offense is nice but his chin doesn't hold up.

Man, Fab shook off some big shots tonight. A rematch with JDS will be interesting.

Lol Overate. Overeem hasn't done anything since he got popped for horse meat. I don't even hold the Werdum loss against Werdum. Overate was juiced.
  • Like 1

Damn, forgot about Stipe.

I got it: JDS first title shot, Stipe Arlovski #1 contender, & let Cain fight Browne next. keep Reem on speed dial for the injury as well as Mark Hunt & Roy Nelson

HW still is not very deep, but at least there is something to look forward to other than JDS crushing contenders after Cain pulls out of a fight yet again. Long live the Werdum Era!

• Like 1

Damn, forgot about Stipe.

there is something to look forward to other than JDS crushing contenders after Cain pulls out of a fight

Hey now....You admit you forgot about Stipe.....but you forgot about him yet again, a few sentences later with the JDS statement.....JDS didn't quite crush Stipe. :) That was a razor-thin win, that earned Fight of the Night.

As for the HW not being deep, I am holding onto hopes that this guy, who fights next month, may turn out to be a legit prospect, and not a pretender.

We won't know for sure, until he at least fights Mir, because although he's obliterated nearly everyone he's faced, he hasn't faced any stiff competition yet. But you can also flip that statement, for desired emphasis : Although he hasn't faced stiff competition, this dude's obliterated nearly everyone he's faced. All 9 professional wins were knockouts. And 5 of those knockouts were in 34 seconds or less. Including this one.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Duffee sucks, he was on trt. He also has a glass chin.

I guess, due to the fact that we're looking at a month-long UFC drought (as every card for the following month is pretty weak), that I was looking for any kind of reason to get excited.

Sort of like the long, inactive, frustrating, boring offseason of the Redskins, during which every draft pick and even every UDFA is hyped up, and appears to be a future HOFer in Skins' fans' eyes.

• Like 1

I'll play semi-Devil's advocate for Duffee, because I think he'll run in to a proverbial wall a bit before earning a title shot. Perhaps even against Mir, as I think Duffee is one of the guys Mir can get to the mat, where he'd obviously dominate. On the feet I'd call it about even, with Mir having an experience and slight power advantage, and Duffee having crisper boxing.

Duffee fought Overeem when Reem was at the peak of his horse diet. Even Fabricio fought a Reem slightly slimmer. Reem was a ball of beef against Duffee, it was K-1 champ/Badr Hari-conquering Reem.

Duffee's only other loss, he slapped the living hell out of Stay Puft Marshmallow Russow for 2 1/2 rounds. It was slightly less-brutal mirror image of Glover/Maldanado, except when Maldanado landed his late punch, Glover simply wobbled a little bit.

Duffee's lights have gone out completely twice in his career, but look at Arlovski. He got starched in his first fight by that crazy neo nazi. It happened several more times before people wrote him off, called him overrated, and made fun of his chin. Something has clicked, he's learned from his mistakes. Duffee is 29, plenty of years ahead of him if he can hover around the top.

I don't think he will, but it'll get interesting with him if he beats Mir. A rematch with Reem seems very possible. You'd think Reem would beat him again, but I'm not so sure. Think I'd pick Duffee...

• Like 1

Ever since Sonnen talked his way into two title fights he probably didn't deserve (well, the one with Jones he clearly didn't) fighters are going to take that cue to talk their way into fights.

As long as they are not messing up outside of the confines of the sport, I take all the trash talk/attitude stuff with a grain of salt as far as being a reflection of who they truly are as people.

Kimbo vs. Ken Shamrock tonight on Bellator

sadly, this will be the highest rated mma fight on cable TV this year

Mirko's looking at the resurgence's of Werdum & Arlovski and is thinking "why can't I do the same"

Truthfully, I can't even tell him he's wrong. I thought Werdum & Arlovski were done years ago, now one is champion & the other might get next crack at the title