Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/31/8695387/jose-aldo-ufc-reebok-deal-wants-fighters-union-mma-news

Jose Aldo is the newest UFC fighter to complain about the new Reebok deal the company will impose over its fighters starting on July. The fact that athletes will lose a significant amount of their sponsorship money has been bothering some who make a bigger profit by showing their sponsors on their trunks on fight night than by what their purse pays them.

"First of all. It's ****. Everybody has been talking about it. We, athletes, are losing a lot. They said we would be like NBA or NFL athlete, but that doesn't apply, because we are not paid monthly like they are. It doesn't matter how much we will be paid, all athletes who had sponsors are losing money. That's a huge setback for us. We live for each fight, we have to keep fighting and nobody fights more than three times a year. Not a champion, anyway. Even the value they measured doesn't match what our sponsors were paying us. That is great for the UFC, but not for the fighters. I see a lot of athletes losing too much. If you are a beginner there is not that big of a hurry to get paid, but it still isn't that much. Not enough to get them by at least. I don't like it. Ever since they started talking about this, I asked to see what they were offering us and I never thought it was interesting, especially for the champions."

"If we are going to talk about something, that does not depend on just me being the champion, or Cain Velasquez, or any other champion. If we had a union for fighters, and we were all together, like in the NBA, this would've been different. But fighters are not united. Today I have a price the event is willing to pay to have me, but there are other fighters out there willing to fight for spare change if I don't want to, and that is not even their fault. The UFC brought the sport to where it is today, great, that's their merit. But if athletes were more united and had a union to protect them, I don't think this would happen."

Dana might throw some money to the judges to make sure Conor wins now lol

Edited by StillUnknown

The only thing the reebok deal does is open the door for other promotions. Athletes, once they make it, chase the cash because the stuff fans care about will never be as big as taking car of themselves and their families. Dana is destined to over reach and ruin himself, if not this time then some time in the future. The ufc needs to oust him from his current role because he's taken them as far as he can.

Bag of Funyons in the front seat?

He was definitely about to, or was already getting high. lol

I was unsure if the lady making the 911 call was watching Jones climb over a wall while she was talking or was saying that part in past tense. I was hoping to see Jon making his getaway!

Edited by Chachie

Gus has lost 2 of 3 including being KO'd in the first round of his last fight, coming off an injury that forced him to withdraw from a scheduled fight against Texierea and he gets the title shot?

ok I guess

I'm picking Rockhold to beat Weidman

Edited by StillUnknown

Gus has lost 2 of 3 including being KO'd in the first round of his last fight, coming off an injury that forced him to withdraw from a scheduled fight against Texierea and he gets the title shot?

ok I guess

Is it possible that his title shot against Bones wore him out? I know that only time will tell but he's never looked the same since that night.

Is it possible that his title shot against Bones wore him out? I know that only time will tell but he's never looked the same since that night.

Its certainly possible, but you would think the same would hold for Jones, but hasn't suffered a dip in performance following that fight.

hard to remember that Do Bronx is just 25. They fed him to wolves so early in his career, but he's starting to fulfill that potential

His 4 loses:

Jim Miller& Cowboy Cerrone @ 155

Cub Swason & Frankie Edgar @ 145.

He can't strike worth a lick, but there is a good chance he wins if he can get into a clinch and an ever better chance if he gets the fight to the ground.

He never should have fought at 155, but the UFC didn't have a 145 division when he got there, so what's the kid to do? I'll always watch his fights live after seeing the calf slicer vs. Eric Wisely.

Its certainly possible, but you would think the same would hold for Jones, but hasn't suffered a dip in performance following that fight.

Different fighters, different bodies, different brains.... different drugs?  :)

• Like 1

Don't forget the Manuwa fight, his very next fight after Jones.

Manuwa is a formidable opponent, and Gus demolished him.

So, I personally doubt the Jones fight took much away from Gus' career.

He just had a bad night against Rumble, and/or matches up poorly against him.

• Like 1

Na, Rumble just hits hard.

I think Rumble got a carried away against Cormier. He defended some of the take downs but he got too wild and lead to demise. I definitely think Gus is a harder match up for DC then Bader, but its hard to justify a title shot after your last fight is a loss. Bader isn't anything but a gatekeeper but he deserves it more than anyone else at this point.

Don't forget the Manuwa fight, his very next fight after Jones.

Manuwa is a formidable opponent, and Gus demolished him.

So, I personally doubt the Jones fight took much away from Gus' career.

He just had a bad night against Rumble, and/or matches up poorly against him.

Agreed. Gus took home two fight bonuses against Manuwa. If anything, Rumble may have messed him up mentally & physically. Don't think Cormier will TKO him, thinking he gets the decision though.

I thought Bader was destined for undercards and Bellator after Machida knocked him out, good for him. Still think he looks uncomfortable in there, not exactly setting the world on fire. If he starts throwing that right hand in combinations and landing it more, he could start hurting people. Thing is serious. I can almost see a Dan Henderson type of thing happening with him, where he starts to get the timing down with his freak punch.

If he ever became champ I'd be shocked. Wrote the dude off.

Even with Jones gone it'd be Twilight Zoneish to see Bader with the gold. I'm not picking him against Cormier or Gus, and that's if he wins his next fight.

• Like 1

Affirms my general distaste for Jon Jones. He's awesome. Best in the game... but he cheats a lot.

I always thought he had some Bernard Hopkins in him.

its pays to cheat in MMA, refs will warn a fighter 4 or 5 times before thinking of a taking a point

• Like 1

Gonna be a hard time for some people tonight when Tim Boetsch KO's Dan Henderson

At least it'll happen quickly.

He was my favorite fighter for several years, but I've already come to terms with his downfall. Even before Vitor cracked his chin, he put on mundane performances that ended in losses. The first Shogun fight had to have taken away something from both fighters permanently. That fight was like being dragged through hell for them. Especially Hendo, who was practically dead for the final 2 1/2 rounds.

He's insanely battle worn and his armor is cracked, Mousasi didn't even hit him hard and he fell like a bag of rocks. Knowing how hardheaded and carefree Dan is, he won't retire tonight, win or lose.

At least it'll happen quickly.

He was my favorite fighter for several years, but I've already come to terms with his downfall. Even before Vitor cracked his chin, he put on mundane performances that ended in losses. The first Shogun fight had to have taken away something from both fighters permanently. That fight was like being dragged through hell for them. Especially Hendo, who was practically dead for the final 2 1/2 rounds.

He's insanely battle worn and his armor is cracked, Mousasi didn't even hit him hard and he fell like a bag of rocks. Knowing how hardheaded and carefree Dan is, he won't retire tonight, win or lose.

I was never a fan, but part of me hopes he loses simply so he won't feel as though he can still compete. A win tonight might do more long term damage to him than getting KO'd tonight.

I'm picking Boetsch and Mitrione.

One thing about Hendo is that he simply hasn't been a high-energy fighter since he came to the UFC. Nowadays he just stalks and bombs. Tim Boetsch is a honey badger. If he doesn't leave his chin out there, he can wear Dan Henderson out.

Meathead's got meaty hands. He's gonna clip a chin and finish. It's what he does.