Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Vitor showed some of the worst ground defense we're likely to see in a championship fight for a long time.

He appeared to be gassed but the size difference was insane. Looked like fighters from different weight classes in the octagon. Just crazy.

Vitor showed some of the worst ground defense we're likely to see in a championship fight for a long time. 

i wasn't aware that his TRT use also aided his jiu-jitsu. He looked like a white belt as soon as that hit the ground, no resistance at all.

Cormier cooked AJ, what a brilliant grappler. On him like glue. The Jones shadow looms.

Cormier did what he knows how to do and that's wrestle. He wanted no part of standing with Rumble and that's understandable but he's got nothing for Jones. He's going to get destroyed when Bones comes back.

Cormier did what he knows how to do and that's wrestle. He wanted no part of standing with Rumble and that's understandable but he's got nothing for Jones. He's going to get destroyed when Bones comes back.

Jones has some of the best MMA wrestling I've seen, offensively & defensively. DC didn't sniff a takedown until the closing moments of their first fight. 

Then again, who knows how Jones will look when he returns, if he returns at all. If its going to happen, DC needs it to happen sooner rather than later. He's not getting any younger.

Benavidez by submission

Browne by decision

Cerrone by submission

Weidman by TKO

Cormier by decision.

I have a very very strong feeling about Weidman winning. Confident enough that I'd bet. Not so certain about the method, but I see him winning, without question.

Got 4 out of 5 picks

Travis Browne, I'd like a word with you, damnit !

Jones has some of the best MMA wrestling I've seen, offensively & defensively. DC didn't sniff a takedown until the closing moments of their first fight.

Then again, who knows how Jones will look when he returns, if he returns at all. If its going to happen, DC needs it to happen sooner rather than later. He's not getting any younger.

Agreed, a year or more off might build some rust on Jones. Imagine 2 years.

I think Cormier matches up well with everybody in the division outside of Jones. Even with his age I think his grappling will keep him the belt.

• Like 1

I think Cormier matches up well with everybody in the division outside of Jones. Even with his age I think his grappling will keep him the belt.

I like Gus' chances against DC, if Gus can earn another title shot.

Jones' wrestling is superior to DC, yet Jones couldn't get a single takedown on Gus.

So, assuming Gus could keep it standing, that matchup should be interesting.

Jones' wrestling is superior to DC, yet Jones couldn't get a single takedown on Gus.

Jones secured the one of those last rounds against Gus with a takedown. I also think he completely underrated Gus' wrestling game for that fight. That was one only fight I can recall Jones looking unprepared. His ability to gameplan is his best asset IMO. Gus' movement could present some problems for DC, but I don't think he can stay out of the clinch for 25 minutes. If DC clinches him, he's getting him to the ground.

DC and Jones have completely different styles, physical builds, and Jones stood there getting beat in the face early on against Gus. He turned in to molasses quickly. It would be interesting, but I see a hell of a lot more clinching with DC involved, pretty much right off the bat. I think DC's skills would shine more against Gus. He was giving an Olympic level lesson tonight. Jon doesn't have the sheer array of tricks DC has. He's physically gifted and is dangerous in more ways in the clinch, DC is all over the mat. Gus will be in for a long grappling session against a possessed Olympian. Hope Gus gets to him, but I see DC smothering and scoring takedowns all fight long. I can't see Gus keeping it at striking distance long enough.

DC's newly discovered attribute is his ability to withstand strikes. AJ even said something about his noggin being huge. AJ is a damn beast. He might be back with a little more TDD...he did knock Cormier across the cage with a god damn missile early on. Thought my prediction was coming true. Confirmed: Cormier take a serious barrage.

The three most meaningful fights, the winners got beat up before eventually winning.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I think Rockhold can beat Weidman. I think his overall game is better. Rockhold is still mostly under the radar to UFC fans.

Also, Bones is a bad match physically for everyone in the LHW division but Gus.  People severely underrate what it is like to be that much bigger & taller than your competition.  The one fight Bones has had against someone his own size he arguably lost, and even in the win most agree he had to come back to barely edge Gus on points.  

Cormier will have to come up with a different strategy against Bones.  The most successful people have been against Bones are the strikers who will stand in the middle of the cage and bang.  Gus did it, Machida convincingly won the 1st round of their fight doing the same thing.  Jones's striking can be vicious at times with the elbows, but overall guys can get the better of him if it turns into a brawl.  Cormier needs to work on a strategy to get Bones on his heels instead of just trying to clinch and go strength for strength.  

I think Rockhold can beat Weidman.

White seems to be leaning towards givin it to Souza, despite admitting Rockhold is #1 contender.

"so it'll probably be Jacare vs. Weidman next. I don't know. Anything can happen. We'll see how this thing plays out. Luke Rockhold is obviously the No. 1 contender"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/25/8653619/morning-report-ufc-dana-white-luke-rockhold-chris-weidman-jacare-souza-ronda-rousey-cormier-mma-news

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

It's so debatable. Rockhold did just smash Machida though. I mean that singlehandedly made Machida look done with being a top contender, people are so down on him...and I had a feeling he was injured in training or something, he didn't look right.

Still, it's Machida, and Jacare beat Camozzi again. Was a replacement, but it is what it is. You can make an argument for Jacare, but I think Rockhold is what the majority of fans want to see. A lot of 'em think Rockhold will beat Chris down. Jacare is interesting from a technical standpoint. Their skills are a lot alike.

the only reason to go with Jacare is they want to run with the angle of Weidman being a "brazilian killer". I love Jacare, but he doesn't matchup well with Weidman. He can't take Weidman down, and he won't outstrike him on the feet. Weidman/Rockhold is the more intriguing and marketable fight. In grand UFC fashion, it makes so much sense that it won't happen.

Another thing to like about a Weidman-Rochold fight, is it would be his first fight in a very long time, against a "youthful" opponent, so that's a challenge he hasn't seen in quite a while.

Ever since 2011, all his opponents have been against guys in their mid to late 30's, or near the end of their career. And Souza himself, is 35. That's not meant to take anything away from those victories. He earned them all. But getting some young blood, a couple guys in their prime of their careers should be a serious battle

Jacare has looked better and better on the feet, his hands are pretty damn frightening now. Weidman's jits is good, but Jacare's is some of the best. Weidman has that wrestling advantage, but in a dogfight Weidman could get knocked on his ass or end up on his back in a scramble. If he gets tired and Jacare doesn't, you might see a takedown out of Jacare. He's really refined his game over and over again, what a streak he's on. Even avenged his worst loss against Mous. I wouldn't mind.

Rockhold is just intense as hell, strong as hell, it seems like it'd be a brutal scrap.