Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yall know there was a PPV tonight...right? Lol.

I didn't watch, but here are some spoilers:

Heard Johnson won by armbar at the last second of the 5th round. Latest finish in UFC history.

Rampage beat Maldanado by unanimous decision.

Bisping had a back and forth fight with CB Dollaway...Bisping won by unanimous decision.

I saw Alexis Davis fight Sarah Kaufmann. Kaufmann got caught in an armbar and her other hand was trapped under Davis' leg too. The ref was also out of position, so Kaufmann's tiny tapouts weren't seen, and she was yelling for mercy. Rogan and I were both shouting, "she's tapping!" Looked like Davis mighta let go before the ref got there just to give Kaufmann some mercy.

Can't remember the last time there was a UFC PPV without a mention in this thread while it was happening.

I was in the process of relocating from SC to VA, so watching was never an option. I love Mighty Mouse, but I doubt I would have ordered that card anyway, it was a historically weak card on paper. Wouldn't shock me at all if it came in under 100k ppv buys.

Thomas Almeida is one to watch at 135, he's a violent sum****. 135 has some young killers on the rise, that division will be exciting for some time to come.

Edited by StillUnknown

Police are looking for ole Jonny Bones Jones. Possibly involved in a hit-and-run accident where a pregnant woman was hurt.

http://news.yahoo.com/albuquerque-police-seek-martial-arts-champ-over-hit-040012572--spt.html

It wouldn't be surprising if he fled the scene because he was drunk/coked up, and had coke in his possession.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Police are looking for ole Jonny Bones Jones. Possibly involved in a hit-and-run accident where a pregnant woman was hurt.

http://news.yahoo.com/albuquerque-police-seek-martial-arts-champ-over-hit-040012572--spt.html

It wouldn't be surprising if he fled the scene because he was drunk/coked up, and had coke in his possession.

It definitely does not look good. He was upgraded from "wanted for questioning" to being an official suspect. 

Given his recent history with DUI and cocaine, the fact that he has disappeared is a pretty curious sign. 

As reported earlier today, UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones is wanted for questioning in a hit-and-run case.

Jones has now been upgraded to a suspect in the case.

Sources informed MMAjunkie that the victim in the incident is pregnant, though her name and the stage of pregnancy have not been released. Police officers went to Jones’ house and attempted to contact his lawyer but have yet to hear from the fighter.

The crime is currently classified as a misdemeanor, but one witness places Jones at the scene. Police are still currently looking to get Jones’ side of the story, and no arrest warrant is currently planned to be issued. A summons will be issued, however, and Jones will have four weeks to show in court. Should he fail to appear in court, a warrant will be issued for his arrest.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/ufcs-jon-jones-upgraded-to-suspect-in-hit-and-run-case-involving-pregnant-victim

Who knows what is going to happen; there were a lot of rumors flying around yesterday about the fight with Johnson being off.

Good thing Dana stacked that card, unlike the piece of crap they just put on in Montreal. I think Dana was hoping to get GSP to fight there & now think the UFC will not return to Montreal for a very long time.

That card was so bad, people in Montreal actually got excited to see Rampage's replacement-a former hockey goon named Steve "the boss" Bosse and disappointed when he was pulled. I am not making this up.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/ufcs-jon-jones-upgraded-to-suspect-in-hit-and-run-case-involving-pregnant-victim

Who knows what is going to happen; there were a lot of rumors flying around yesterday about the fight with Johnson being off.

About a month ago, a caller brought up the fight (Sonnen didn't start the subject), and Chael Sonnen was quoted as saying, "Mark my words. Jones and Johnson will NOT HAPPEN". He wouldn't elaborate further.

This incident looks like it may have that result he was talking about.

But the weird thing is, Sonnen could not have been talking about this, because the accident itself just happened yesterday, so there's no way he could have known so certainly, that long ago, that this accident would happen, or something like it

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Jones got out of his car after the accident, went back in to grab a stack of money, then ran up a hill, jumped a fence, and hasn't been seen since. Holy ****.

A weed pipe with weed in it was found in the car, but I haven't read anything about cocaine yet. Still gotta speculate that part of the reason he ran is because he was intoxicated.

He ran a red light and hit her.

Chael just talking out his ass like usual.

Talking as an analyst, he makes a whole lot more sense, than when he talks as a fighter.

He's really a completely different personality in that role, unlike some athletes who make that transition, and basically retain the same personality

Got this from sherdog

https://vine.co/v/eWTqAUwKVM0.

I've never laughed so hard wasting cell data on a vine before in my life.

I can't wait to hear the excuse to get him out of this mess & fight. It will have to be someone else's with a similar build-good luck, & I hope Bones wasn't photographed in a white shirt that day by coincidence - or this fight is not happening.

According to the police report, witnesses saw a man fitting Jones' description leave the silver SUV that struck the woman's vehicle before stopping and returning to the car to grab a "large handful of cash." The man then "shoved the cash into his pants" and fled the scene.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12775177/ufc-champion-jon-jones-facing-felony-charge-alleged-hit-run

That reads like the start of a bad action sequence in every urban cop movie. How long does it take cocaine to leave your system? If it's just a few days that could explain his mysterious absence.

How long does it take cocaine to leave your system? If it's just a few days that could explain his mysterious absence.

Or he could have checked in again, for another grueling 1-day stint at the rehab center, to make things all better.

Looks like he turned himself in

They pretty much had to do it. If anybody out there actually loves Jones, and not just his money, they'll help him get the help he needs. He's living life like kid killing time on Grand Theft Auto.

Hate seeing fighters lose a belt without fighting. Hard to look at the winner of DC/Rumble as a true champion. That being said, Jones has brought this all on himself.

UFC better hope Cormier wins. Rumble has a pretty damning criminal history himself. Last I checked, he's been accused of domestic violence by 3 different women over the years.

Edited by StillUnknown

I have a feeling Cormier is walking away with the belt. Bones beat Cormier because he was just too big and strong, but Cormier's skill level is elite and I think if he can weather the initial Rumble storm, he can wear him down and smother him.

Of course, that would lead to the inevitable rematch...unless Jones returns in a year as a Heavyweight?

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

You have to strip the title if Jones is going to be out indefinitely.  It's not just drugs this time, but he could be facing a felony (although chances are he pleas it down to misdemeanor)  

I guess the other option is to strip the title, but have no one officially hold it, create an interim belt for the winner of Cormier vs. Rumble and then have Bones face whoever is interim champ when he returns, for the actual title.