Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

• 2 weeks later...

What about Shogun and OSP?

WTF, I checked the listings on the UFC's Canadian website last week which noted Shogun was going to be on TV. I just checked my guide & it's not on.

Screw it, I'll watch Hopkins' tune up fight for GGG, lol.

Anyone get the feeling the UFC's "big announcement" on the 17th will be some way to screw the fans into buying something like FightPass Plus or some other way to limit free access to fights? I know they want to get out of their Canadian TV deal and other countries too.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

WTF, I checked the listings on the UFC's Canadian website last week which noted Shogun was going to be on TV. I just checked my guide & it's not on.

Screw it, I'll watch Hopkins' tune up fight for GGG, lol.

Anyone get the feeling the UFC's "big announcement" on the 17th will be some way to screw the fans into buying something like FightPass Plus or some other way to limit free access to fights? I know they want to get out of their Canadian TV deal and other countries too.

I think its tomorrow.

I JUST missed it. Bout to see the replay...

Arena is emptying fast! Damn!

Sick punch....Shogun couldn't stop getting punched in the head on the ground. Pretty sad...

Shogun has crazy mileage on him. Reinjured his knees a lot, he has grey hair on his beard. Looks over at 205. Middleweight is too crazy for him too I think.

A lot of the guys who fought their primes in PRIDE were already nearly spent by the time they got to the UFC....add in the rule changes, the change from a ring to the octagon etc etc etc......it's just sad to see guys who were once so skilled and lethal look like totally different fighters due to being punch-drunk.

Ummm, this might not be the best time to point this out, but Shogun was announced to be the coach on TUF 4 Brazil opposite Anderson- without the coaches fighting. Before this fight Rua said he would be open to fighting Silva

Please dear God don't let that happen, no one wins in that fight, not the fan, obviously not the loser, and not even the winner because no one will be happy in Brazil if either of them lose. Shogun looked more old-man like than Dan Henderson when Vitor KO'd him coming in head first at a stupid angle.

Can't wait for Hunt, he barley has a shot, but I really hope he wins just to see if the belt actually fits around that belly or Dana has to ask Hunt's cornerman to hold the 2 ends together behind Hunts back as Dana raises his hand.

Roy Nelson would have to wear the belt as a bra, but Mark Hunt's chest isn't much smaller than his waist so things could get interesting.

So...I now have plans for Jan. 24. This is a great fight, and the crowd should be complete madness.

A major light heavyweight bout will take place on network television when Alexander Gustafsson fights in his home country and meets Anthony Johnson at UFC on FOX 14.

UFC officials today announced the bout and said it’ll serve as a title eliminator.

UFC on FOX 14 takes place Jan. 24 at Tele2 Arena in Stockholm. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

The venue can seat approximately 30,000 fans and will serve as just the second UFC stadium to date. The first, UFC 129, drew 55,724 to Toronto’s Rogers Centre in 2011.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/alexander-gustafsson-vs-anthony-johnson-slated-for-ufc-on-fox-14-in-sweden