Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Suspended for alleged, charges wtf.

Clearly the UFC is paying attention to what's happening in the NFL and doesn't want to look like they're soft on DV.  That being said the charges are real and he turned himself in and was arrested for felony DV.  Whether the charges are based on false allegations is a matter for the court to decide,.

Edited by China

Where do you get your rankings from ?

Because that doesn't match how the UFC site has it.

Like you, they have Browne at 4 ...... but then they have Miocic next at # 5, above all the others

(plus Arlovski between Hunt & Nelson)

I personally would like to see Cain & Miocic fight.

I try not to use UFC rankings since they are useless & don't mean anything anyways, if a fighter is ranked #6 but is then given a title shot, he instantly shoots up the rankings, sometimes to #1. I also like to use rankings that show fighters from other promotions to see who they might target for a top fight in a weak division, like heavyweight. Mmarankings.com.

You seroiusly think any correction to those rankings matter? That's my point entirely, Cain, then JDS then the rest, most if not all couldn't get by Junior. Junior is now the 265 gatekeeper.

UFC booked JDS vs. Miocic & Reem vs. Struve for the December FOX card.

Kind of surprised Struve is still attempting to fight.

Even people who dint like the Reem might pick him in this fight, but as (pre horse roids) reem fan, I dont like this fight for him. I don't think he can throw his liver kick high enough to hit Struve unless Struve is crouching. Plus low hand vs. a tall guy with long arms? That doesn't bode well for Alistar.

And why the heck is this fight not headlining the first UFC Amsterdam card? They are both Dutch, & the Dutch love kickboxing so regulation should not be an issue. I want to blaze one IN a UFC arena, Diaz brothers & Matt Riddle will be on the undercard.

I'm glad Hunt won, I like the guy but I really don't want to see him go 5 vs Cain, he'd be able to take a ton of punishment and probably collapse before getting KO'd, I'm afraid he might die in the days following that fight.

This is what I'm getting at, HW is thinner than MW when Silva was crushing people. Unless Miocic absolutely destroys JDS, the next challenger will have to be proped up. Best thing for the UFC is for Cain to lose to Werdum & Cain getting injured so there is no immediate rematch.

Jury looks to be climbing the rankings with stopping Gomi, good for him, he deserves it. I want to see him fight higher ranked guys in his division anyways, this win obviously helps.

Well I guess Gus is now completely safe from being forced into fighting Rumble anytime soon......

Rumble suspended by UFC

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/19/6567665/anthony-johnson-suspended-indefinitely-by-ufc-mother-of-his-children-threats-abuse

While I'm not a fan of suspensions over unproven accusations, I'm glad to see MMA (unlike boxing) will not be turning a blind eye to domestic abuse.

While I'm not a fan of suspensions over unproven accusations, I'm glad to see MMA (unlike boxing) will not be turning a blind eye to domestic abuse.

A part of me feels as if the UFC doesn't really care about domestic abuse, but is only doing this to piggy back off the NFL backlash and to appear to its sponsors that they care about domestic abuse. If the NFL wasn't going through what it is going through, i seriously doubt the UFC would of suspended Anthony. 

Damn man. Starting to get disheartening. Rumble gone, another title fight postponed, and WANDERLEI. Man, I feel like Sonnen smeared Wanderlei bigtime. His legacy has definitely taken a hit. Wand's overbearing pride and sensitivity was tailor made for a condecending prick like Sonnen. To me, Wand is still a legend. Win or lose, the man fought possessed. 1,000 mph, frickin balls to the wall. A true madman in there.

Dude, the final THREE minutes of this fight on The Ultimate Fighter were of two chicks STUCK in a 69 position. Straight poon to the face, for three minutes.

Whoever was sitting in the UFC war room and said "hey why don't we make the next Ultimate Fighter all women?" really deserves a raise and a some sort of award.  Bravo! 

my picks for tonight:

Mighty Mouse over Cariaso by 3rd Round Submission: The only question in my mind is if Mighty Mouse gets the finish.

Cerrone over Alvarez by 2nd Round (T)KO: wouldn't be shocked if both guys get dropped in this one. Alvarez seems to always get dropped in his fights, but has supreme recovering abilities. Cerrone is a killer though, once he rocks you, you usually get finished. Alvarez has the better hands, but Cerrone kicking game should give him the edge from distance.

McGregor over Poirier by 1st Round (T)KO: Slowly coming around on Mr. McGregor. I think Poirier's history of slow starts will be his downfall in this one. He is very hittable, and McGregor is pretty damn good striker. If Poirier makes it out of round 1, his chances go up considerably.

Tim Kennedy over Yoel Romero by Unanimous Decision: Romero has some damn good wrestling credentials, but his striking leads him open to being taken down. I think Kennedy can capitalize when Romero overextends himself on the feet to drag him to the mat and work a decision or a possible submission.

Cruz over Mizugaki by Unanimous Decision: Cruz already beat training camp, Mizugaki should be a breeze. Seriously though, I have no idea how Cruz will look. He doesn't have to be the Cruz of old to beat Mizugaki, but I'm hoping he looks good here. Cruz was a dominant champ with a unique style, I was a fan of his game.

• Like 2

Cruz found some finishing power in his 3 years away

dominant **** from him tonight, good to see him back

that ref let Mizugaki take about 15-20 unnecessary shots, shame on him

Man, that was impressive. And yes, Mizugaki took way too many extra shots. I have never been a big Cruz fan, but it was good to see him back in there.