Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Thought the stoppage was a little early, although I think RDA would have followed up with more shots to make it definitive.

Dos Anjos has carved out a nice little path through 155, his striking was fast and crisp last night.

It was early. He went down but not flat and was already trying to roll away. As you say however, it's likely that Dos Anjos would have pounced on him and finished it so it's nothing to get upset about. It's an impressive win, no one had ever KO'd Bendo before.

Bisping did THAT to Cung Le? With what, a metal pipe? Dude's got pillows for hands.

Retire Cung, time for some action movies, even if the film doesn't make it to North America, as long as the money's green, take it.

I seriouslly thought that was photoshopped, but then I realized nobody hates Cung Le enough to do that to him, other than Bisping apparently.

Cung Le actually looked pretty good to me early on, he hurt Bisping once or twice too. In round 2 Bisping landed a left hook that landed flush into Le's eye socket and cut it open immediately, he was literally fighting with only one eye open and that's when everything went downhill for him. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight again unless he pisses hot of course.

The UFC poster for Mousasi vs Jacare doesn't say Mousasi vs. Jacare 2...like their first fight doesn't count because it wasn't in the UFC. I gotta laugh at that subtle dismissal. Like anyone researching their first match would realize, "oh wow, there is something other than the UFC? I should explore more MMA!" No, noob UFC fan, we are all there is.

Anyway, the card this weekend is ****ing awful. 4 fights on a PPV? Am I reading this correctly? So I assume to fill in time, they plan on showing the quickest fights from the ones they showed on free TV earlier? We get replays, a few TUF prospects, a mid level girl fight, and a rematch that not many people are happy about. All for only $60.

The FREE card the week after, Mousasi vs. Jacare --1--, is A BETTER CARD.

It's not theoretically a fight that a lot of people are happy about, but IMO I don't think that will stop a lot of people from paying for it.

I think the fight still holds a lot of intrigue, and a lot of people will perceive their first fight, the same way they viewed A-Silva vs. Weidmann #1, that Barao did not come prepared or in the right frame of mind, or bringing his A-Game.

Not that I agree with that, just saying that could be a common perspective.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

It's not theoretically a fight that a lot of people are happy about, but IMO I don't think that will stop a lot of people from paying for it.

I think the fight still holds a lot of intrigue, and a lot of people will perceive their first fight, the same way they viewed A-Silva vs. Weidmann #1, that Barao did not come prepared or in the right frame of mind, or bringing his A-Game.

It's the card as a whole. Six years ago these fights would be free in the WEC and EliteXC/Strikeforce. I have a hard time paying to watch a card lead by the littler dudes. Not that I'm one of those "big fighters only" fans, it's just that I experienced the WEC on free TV. I remember Urijah and Miguel as champs like it was yesterday.

The immediate rematch is a hot topic, but I agree with the perspective you described. I'm definitely more interested in the fight than most people. I think that the closer it comes to fight time, the more people will settle down and grab their popcorn.

While watching their illegal streams.

Wonder if I'll care enough to seek out a bar showing the fights. Can def see myself just missing the card altogether. Whatever, in a week and a half we get a better card for free.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Cung Le actually looked pretty good to me early on, he hurt Bisping once or twice too. In round 2 Bisping landed a left hook that landed flush into Le's eye socket and cut it open immediately, he was literally fighting with only one eye open and that's when everything went downhill for him. I

wouldn't mind seeing him fight again unless he pisses hot of course

Yeah I figured he must have had one eye swell shut on him to end up looking that bad. Maybe not retire, but work on some boxing defense, that's painful just to look at. He could still make a ton of money in Asian cinema, 40+ is old to be getting punched in the face for a living.

Anyone seen "Gym Rescue" on Spike? A spinoff of "Bar Rescue"...it's hosted by Randy and Frank Shamrock. I'm wondering how scripted it is...it seems like on all these shows, there is always a heated exchange where it looks like people are going to come to blows. This dude got all up in Frank's face...it's like, don't you know Frank will slam KO you? It's an alright show, lots of Frank and Randy reading off of cue cards in their commentary, their delivery is really bad. It's good to see those guys doing well though. Randy still looks like he can compete at a high level. Wonder if he's on that TRT.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I read that one of the owners of a gym completely hated Frank. He said Frank was a complete ass hole and even tried to sleep with wife.

Nothing screams professional that can be trusted to turn a business around, like attempts to bang the owners wife.

Their first fight did just a shade over 200k buys, and it was supported by Cormier/Hendo. 174 did 125k with Mighty Mouse vs. Dagestan, which had Rory Mac vs. Woodley as the co-main.

177 has Danny Castillo vs. Tony Ferguson in the co-main. 

177 might come in lower than 174.

• Like 1

I think bars will be packed for 177....because no one will want to buy it at home outside your hardcore Barao or Dillishaw fans.

There's no way I even try to go see it before the main event that card is so weak. The Prelims for 178 are better fights than the PPV card minus the main event, another event that looked killer only to be derailed by injury. Here's hoping 179 builds up nice & strong after starting well with Aldo Mendes 2 & Phil Davs Glover.

Here's hoping 179 builds up nice & strong after starting well with Aldo Mendes 2 & Phil Davs Glover.

Despite it being an interesting matchup, the outcome of Davis vs. Glover is not interesting to me because both fighters recently proved they can't threaten Jon Jones.  

• Like 1

I think bars will be packed for 177....because no one will want to buy it at home outside your hardcore Barao or Dillishaw fans.

There's no way I even try to go see it before the main event that card is so weak.

Thing is, if you're going to a bar, and decide to skip the weaker fights, you almost certainly will not find a seat for the Barao/Dillashaw fight, for the reason you mentioned in your first sentence.

You're going to have to endure through Yancy Medeiros and Damon Jackson, etc, bro, if you want to see it at a bar

Thing is, if you're going to a bar, and decide to skip the weaker fights, you almost certainly will not find a seat for the Barao/Dillashaw fight, for the reason you mentioned in your first sentence.

You're going to have to endure through Yancy Medeiros and Damon Jackson, etc, bro, if you want to see it at a bar

You forget I live in Canada & I have a sure fire trick for that; turn one TV to hockey, even a replay of 1992 Quebec Nordiques game vs the Hartford Whalers as a "classic" game on the NHL network will do-and within an hour, 80% of the bar congregates around that one screen, the other 20% turn to watch it.

I'm a smoker so I'm outside most of the time anyways, leaning on a wall watching an outdoor tv is good enough for me. I don't think that fight goes 5 rounds though, either Dilly did what got him the belt more often & earlier, or Barao figures out a way to break him down, slip in a knockdown shot @ swarms for TKO or submission finish, so standing for 10-15 minutes won't be that big of a deal.

On a side note, The Reem either trolled twitter or sucks at kg to lbs conversion or both today. Cerrone posted a pick of him, Reem & a few other MMA'ers playing ultimate frisbee where the Reem looks pretty trim. When asked how much he weighed-by multiple people- he responded 210.

I doubt he's 210, but he's closer to that than 265. I think he hot lazy towards the end of his LHW career & the cut became a problem, but he really wasn't big enough to fight at 265. Then he got on the horse juice & ballooned up because I think he thought he was out if options. Most here doubted this before, but it is getting closer to happening in my opinion, even if it's more than the 5 pounds away that he claims he is.

I want to see Reem Jones so bad I'll cling to any sign of hope of it happening. Doubt he could best Jones, just would love to see how he would react to 1 good liver kick from the Reem, plus Jones has never really fought a decent kickboxer, which would be interesting to see IMO. Again, would have been better a few years ago, but I'll take it now if I can get it.

Clearly trolling a month ago he said he was 245, either way here is to him getting koed at LHW.

I think he sucks at conversion to be honest, probably 105kg, which is 231lbs, & just a touch of troll.

Facts aren't going to stand in the way of my dream though. I'm an analytical thinker, very logical & practical, but not in this issue. The Reem also part of the foundation of my imaginary 225lb UFC weight class. Just let me keep my dream, along with the dream of seeing a gogoplata finish on ever fight card.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

Gogoplata finish every fight card? :ols: I watched Diaz vs. Gomi and Diaz vs. Daley back to back. Diaz/Daley is better, but Gomi makes his fight with Nick bonkers. It's like Leonard Garcia against KZ, except he leaves his hands completely down. The gogoplata happend so fast, and Nick was cut like hell. So boss.

The cut was definitely close to stopping the fight. Reminded me of Fedor/Lindland, which nobody talks about. Lindland was very close to ending Fedor's streak. I remember watching that fight, thinking it was going to be stopped.

You forget I live in Canada & I have a sure fire trick for that; turn one TV to hockey, even a replay of 1992 Quebec Nordiques game vs the Hartford Whalers as a "classic" game on the NHL network will do-and within an hour, 80% of the bar congregates around that one screen, the other 20% turn to watch it.

That is quite the sneaky trick !