Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Destruction of a knee, a fierce GnP, and at least 2 sub attempts.

Sorry dude, but I have to disagree with the "fierce GnP". Forrest spent a lot of the 2nd round in the mount but I don't think he did any REAL damage. Yes, Forrest landed A LOT of leg kicks BUT with the 1st round uppercut that nearly ended the fight and the later round cut, I felt that Rampage did more damage than Forrest did. Rampage's post fight facial condition looked the same as it did pre-fight.

I'm not sure how I feel about the scoring of sub attempts. Although it wasn't the case in the Forrest-Rampage fight, I don't believe that any advantage should be given to a fighter who has guard that continually throws there legs up looking for triangles and armbars that end up being unsuccessful. Let's say the guy with guard goes for 15 sub attempts that are all unsuccessful but the guy on top lands 3 big clean punches to the face, who should get the advantage on the scorecards?

Let's revisit what you said

nowhere do you say anything about close decision fights or split decisions. you are saying that if there is a decision, then favor should go to the current champ.

therefore, um, actually, that is exactly what you said. :doh1:

P.S. never did I say that rampage lost all 5 rounds. :doh::doh::doh:

Let's revisit what you misinterpreted in my post. I said

1) I HATE when these decisions go to 5 rounds

2) When there is back and forth domininance (not say the Rich Franklin v. Louiseau fight a few years back where Franklin dominated, but he broke his hand near the begining of the fight and was unable to really "finish' Louiseau off- their fight clearly was onesided in favor of Franklin) but when the fight is an essential draw, favor needs to be given to the champion.

Forests didn't really come in and dominate the fight, just look at the judges cards (except round 2) it was split decisions round after round. I'm sorry, but IMO, when there is a showing like that, Champion Retains the belt.

I hate seeing the switch of championships go through a decision. I'd rather see those guys fight 15 rounds than for judges to decided this crap. I'm still pissed.

Obviously, not ALL decisions should go to the preceeding champ. DUH. If judges unanimously score the care 50-45 across the board, then obviously the champ has to give up his belt. I'm saying in a decision THIS close, more consideration chould be give more toward the champion.

Sorry dude, but I have to disagree with the "fierce GnP". Forrest spent a lot of the 2nd round in the mount but I don't think he did any REAL damage. Yes, Forrest landed A LOT of leg kicks BUT with the 1st round uppercut that nearly ended the fight and the later round cut, I felt that Rampage did more damage than Forrest did. Rampage's post fight facial condition looked the same as it did pre-fight.

I'm not sure how I feel about the scoring of sub attempts. Although it wasn't the case in the Forrest-Rampage fight, I don't believe that any advantage should be given to a fighter who has guard that continually throws there legs up looking for triangles and armbars that end up being unsuccessful. Let's say the guy with guard goes for 15 sub attempts that are all unsuccessful but the guy on top lands 3 big clean punches to the face, who should get the advantage on the scorecards?

I'm saying he stayed busy on offense. Some folks here want to paint it like he ran all night. That's FAR from the case.

We can have this discussion 'til UFC 87 but Griffin's the new champ.

probably the worst way to lose a bet, but I am SO's sig ***** now.

But NO way does a champ lose a decision in which the opponent is sliced open and lumped up like that. Rampage got hurt in the knee ONE time and then after that he totally recovered and was rocking Forrest.

And why wasnt Joe Stevenson on the commercial for the card? He couldnt have fallen that far off..

probably the worst way to lose a bet, but I am SO's sig ***** now.

But NO way does a champ lose a decision in which the opponent is sliced open and lumped up like that. Rampage got hurt in the knee ONE time and then after that he totally recovered and was rocking Forrest.

And why wasnt Joe Stevenson on the commercial for the card? He couldnt have fallen that far off..

they usually only promote the main event & the "co-main event". Cote/Almeida had more title implications, thus it gets more promotion

they usually only promote the main event & the "co-main event". Cote/Almeida had more title implications, thus it gets more promotion

with a card that was that weak you would have thought they would have said "also Josh Koshcek, Joe Stevenson, Melvin Gallard"

they needed help with that card and it was there, they just didnt promote it. :2cents:

Although that fight was boring, I want to see more of Almeida. His jiu jitsu looked pretty sick in round one although he wasn't trapping Cote in anything.

Although that fight was boring, I want to see more of Almeida. His jiu jitsu looked pretty sick in round one although he wasn't trapping Cote in anything.

Almeida is truly elite on the ground (competed in several ADCC tourney's), but despite what Rogan says, his standup is nonexistent. he's a one trick pony right now, that doesn't fly in today's MMA.

185 could have their own BJJ submission competition and it would be classic:

Jacare

Demian Maia

Pahlares

Fihlo

Almeida

Marquardt

Lister

Leites

Lutter (the michael jordan of BJJ according to Mike Goldberg :laugh: )

and absorbing punches to the face as well.

he did NOT dominate Rampage. and no way did he win a unanimous decision.

No he didn't dominate Rampage (Rampage was taking jabs to the face too BTW), but he outscored him enough to win the fight.

The fight was close as hell and I wouldn't have cried foul if it ended with either fighter winning or even as a draw. You can make a case for any of the three possible decisions.

Fact is, the judges saw that Forrest had the slight edge I can see the two 48-46 scores but I disagree with the one judge who scored the bout 49-46 for Forrest, it was closer than that.

Winning a slight decision is still a win and Forrest won Saturday night. Rampage didn't disagree with it in the post fight interview either, he knew that it was close as hell and could've gone either way.

No he didn't dominate Rampage (Rampage was taking jabs to the face too BTW), but he outscored him enough to win the fight.

The fight was close as hell and I wouldn't have cried foul if it ended with either fighter winning or even as a draw. You can make a case for any of the three possible decisions.

Fact is, the judges saw that Forrest had the slight edge I can see the two 48-46 scores but I disagree with the one judge who scored the bout 49-46 for Forrest, it was closer than that.

Winning a slight decision is still a win and Forrest won Saturday night. Rampage didn't disagree with it in the post fight interview either, he knew that it was close as hell and could've gone either way.

so, youre not under the impression that you need to beat the champ in order to get the belt?

I have always thought you need to take the belt from the champ in order to get the belt.

so, youre not under the impression that you need to beat the champ in order to get the belt?

I have always thought you need to take the belt from the champ in order to get the belt.

i understand that logic, i just don't agree with it. winning on points even if its close, is still a win. in some cases you only get one crack at a title, if i'm the one competing, i wouldn't care if it was dominant KO victory or razor-thin decision that went my way, a win is a win. the same standard has to be applied to all matches imo.

i understand that logic, i just don't agree with it. winning on points even if its close, is still a win. in some cases you only get one crack at a title, if i'm the one competing, i wouldn't care if it was dominant KO victory or razor-thin decision that went my way, a win is a win. the same standard has to be applied to all matches imo.

but unanimous?

I think thats my major problem right there. Not one judge saw it going Rampage's way. I know that even the people who were at my party and going for Forrest thought he could have lost and were shocked it was unanimous.

but unanimous?

I think thats my major problem right there. Not one judge saw it going Rampage's way. I know that even the people who were at my party and going for Forrest thought he could have lost and were shocked it was unanimous.

i had it a draw personally. i think unanimous doesn't have quite the same definition in this instance. the only round i think all the judges agreed on was the 2nd.

i had it a draw personally. i think unanimous doesn't have quite the same definition in this instance. the only round i think all the judges agreed on was the 2nd.

a draw wouldnt have hurt my feelings. I just cant see Rampage losing the belt in that fight.

I did love the fact that Forrest put him in a triangle and Rampage being Rampage just went to lift him up and slam his ass. Forrest let go of that REAL FAST!! :laugh:

I don't think the "champ" should be able to walk away with a decision just because he is the champ. He still has to fight.

Forrest was the more aggresive fighter. A lot of the time Rampage just sat there and did not do much but back up. Atleast Forrest went after him. I think that had a lot to do with the decision on some of the closer rounds.

a draw wouldnt have hurt my feelings. I just cant see Rampage losing the belt in that fight.

I did love the fact that Forrest put him in a triangle and Rampage being Rampage just went to lift him up and slam his ass. Forrest let go of that REAL FAST!! :laugh:

Rampage is one of my 5 favorite fighters right now, i didn't want to see him lose either.

the fact that he got Forrest in the powerbomb, despite his hurt knee and considering how big Forrest is, just shows u how strong that dude is :laugh:

honestly since it was so extremely close, and there really is no other clear cut #1 contender, i wouldn't be surprised if they did an immediate rematch.