Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

II will be pulling for Chuck to beat Sobral this month. I really want to see Wanderlei come to the UFC and crush Liddell. If anyone could hurt him it would be the Axe-Murderer. Guy is a monster.
Wanderlei silva is a monster,he goes by the nickname Axe murderer,and he beat's chuck easily.
Liddell is most definetly getting KOed.

A few quotes form this thread last year, theres some good stuff in the beginning of this thread, including alot of our rants after Tito vs. Shamrock 2.

True but I still don't know if Serra is legit. If he wasn't coaching TUF we could actually see him fight.

Sometimes it's all about match ups, much like Randy vs. Chuck, Chuck was just a bad matchup for Randy, Randy is a great fighter but Chuck owns him in the octagon.. Much like I believe Rampage is a bad match up for Chuck. Serra could be bad matchup for GSP, we don't know yet but we'll find out.

my god, GSP absolutely CRUSHED hughes. That was a clinic on how to own someone. Hughes was completely outclassed.

Seriously, if GSP beats Serra there is no one left for him to fight except Fitch. I say to hell with that fight, move up to MW and fight Silva to determine the P4P best fighter in the world.

my god, GSP absolutely CRUSHED hughes. That was a clinic on how to own someone. Hughes was completely outclassed.

Seriously, if GSP beats Serra there is no one left for him to fight except Fitch. I say to hell with that fight, move up to MW and fight Silva to determine the P4P best fighter in the world.

I would love to see him move up and fight Spida. But Henderson is gonna rape Anderson on march 1st. Its a terrible style matchup for Spida. Henderson has heavy hands,a great chin and he is a great wrestler. He is just gonna outmuscle and maul Anderson who is a great fighter in his own right. And if anyone wants to put down a few bills, lmk..

I would love to see him move up and fight Spida. But Henderson is gonna rape Anderson on march 1st. Its a terrible style matchup for Spida. Henderson has heavy hands,a great chin and he is a great wrestler. He is just gonna outmuscle and maul Anderson who is a great fighter in his own right. And if anyone wants to put down a few bills, lmk..

i got any price covered on that bet, name your price

i like Hendo, but i'm taking Silva in that fight.

I dunno, I think Henderson can take anything Silva throws at him. I've seen Anderson hit a lot before, and he hasn't faced anybody with the accuracy of Hendo. Anderson dominates the weak middleweight division constantly; it always ends up Franklin climbs to Anderson again and gets his ass wooped. That's trash. Middleweight is so weak. Henderson going down in class is a blessing for the UFC. Hopefully, for contention, Henderson needs to at least rock during that fight. As a first impression, I'll take Hendo.

Ok when the fight gets closer we will arrange details i'm willing to bet more then 1 person has well if anyone else is game.. Loser will pay the other thru paypal.

I don't normally make bets like that but the middleweight division is thrash. Hendo will not be outdone on the ground by Anderson,period. And we all know Hendo has a rock granite chin look at the guys he has fought and never been ko'd. He is a naturally bigger and stronger fighter. Remember what Page said the guy has a rock chin. Does anyone here seriously think that Anderson is a heavier puncher then Wandy,Page to name a few. He is more accurate i'll give him that and i'm sure he'll hit Hendo but can he take the shots he will be hit with?

His only chance in my opinion will be the hope of a sub from his back.

Was the Chuck/Wanderlei fight the best fight yall have ever seen? What has been better? Hyped up, long in the making, a great showup by both guys. The ora surrounding both of their histories'. Amazing.

2nd round was the best round I've seen.

And it's "aura." :)

whoa whoa guys, whats with the disrespect to Silva? Don't get me wrong, I think Henderson is a absolute beast. if he stayed at 205, he would be second best.

But lets not get carried away. Silva has destroyed everyone he has fought in the UFC. He deserves the benefit here.

However, i would NOT be surprised to see hendo win. He is that ****ing good.

Hendo does have a amazing chin no doubt. He also likes to get a little carried away and just start throwing bombs.

Silva is probably the most accurate striker in MMA. He picks his punches and lands them everytime. He is also a beast in the clinch.

I cant wait for this fight. It will be the fight of the year regardless of what happens in the 10 months after it!

Whoa, slow down killer. P4P best fighter in the world? Seriously, he's a great fighter but he'll get killed at 185. He just doesn't have the physical stature to move up in weight. I know GSP is your boy and all but lets not put the cart before the horse.

What impressed me the most about GSP tonight was his strength against Hughes. Hughes typically would use his strength to out muscle a guy on the ground but GSP had his number. Congrats on a decisive victory. P4P? :doh: Seriously.

Ok when the fight gets closer we will arrange details i'm willing to bet more then 1 person has well if anyone else is game.. Loser will pay the other thru paypal.

I don't normally make bets like that but the middleweight division is thrash. Hendo will not be outdone on the ground by Anderson,period. And we all know Hendo has a rock granite chin look at the guys he has fought and never been ko'd. He is a naturally bigger and stronger fighter. Remember what Page said the guy has a rock chin. Does anyone here seriously think that Anderson is a heavier puncher then Wandy,Page to name a few. He is more accurate i'll give him that and i'm sure he'll hit Hendo but can he take the shots he will be hit with?

His only chance in my opinion will be the hope of a sub from his back.

I dunno, I think Henderson can take anything Silva throws at him. I've seen Anderson hit a lot before, and he hasn't faced anybody with the accuracy of Hendo. Anderson dominates the weak middleweight division constantly; it always ends up Franklin climbs to Anderson again and gets his ass wooped. That's trash. Middleweight is so weak. Henderson going down in class is a blessing for the UFC. Hopefully, for contention, Henderson needs to at least rock during that fight. As a first impression, I'll take Hendo.

Hendo will be a monster test no doubt, but Hendo fights better at the lhw. i think the weight cut actually affects him to some degree. remember not too long ago, he was known as "decision" Dan Henderson. he has had problems against lesser strikers than Anderson (Misaki). Henderson definitely has a good chance of winning the fight, i just don't think he will

Dan has crazy power, but he isn't that technical. his power comes from that looping shots that i think Anderson will be able to avoid. Yes, Hendo's chin is legend, but i think Silva is so accurate that he can stun Henderson over the course of the fight and follow up forcing the ref to stop the fight.

once again, i can't pick fights for **** as evidenced by my last few choices on ppv matches, but i see Silva winning this fight by late round ref stoppage actually.:2cents:

EXCEPT Fitch? Are you kidding me? EXCEPT Fitch? Dude, tone it down a bit. Fitch is a bad dude. I think GSP is great, but to simply overlook Fitch is silly.

EXCEPT Fitch? Are you kidding me? EXCEPT Fitch? Dude, tone it down a bit. Fitch is a bad dude. I think GSP is great, but to simply overlook Fitch is silly.

GSP is better than Fitch at every facet in the game. i think Fitch is good enough to not be finished, but GSP would beat him pretty convincingly, and Fitch is one of my favorite fighters.

whoa whoa guys, whats with the disrespect to Silva? Don't get me wrong, I think Henderson is a absolute beast. if he stayed at 205, he would be second best.

But lets not get carried away. Silva has destroyed everyone he has fought in the UFC. He deserves the benefit here.

However, i would NOT be surprised to see hendo win. He is that ****ing good.

Hendo does have a amazing chin no doubt. He also likes to get a little carried away and just start throwing bombs.

Silva is probably the most accurate striker in MMA. He picks his punches and lands them everytime. He is also a beast in the clinch.

I cant wait for this fight. It will be the fight of the year regardless of what happens in the 10 months after it!

Henderson is at 205 because of the weight classes in Pride. Henderson has whooped guys weighing a lot more than him also. Fighting a t 185 is going to make him even more dominant if you ask me. Hell I think he even weighs in under 205 most the time, he might even have to fatten up a bit. I might be reaching but I think he'll be more comfortable at 185 than he is a 205.

Anyway, Silva is a beast but he really hasn't fought anyone that's a difficult matchup. Franklin is a brawler and doesn't match up well with Silva at all. He's slow and telegraphs his punches. Silva, he's kind of a lanky 185 and Hendo will is a smart fighter, possibly one of the smartest in the game and he won't let himself be suckered into a muai tai clinch with Silva. I got hendo on this one.

By the way, what was up with the gay as break dancing crap GSP did? What's next, the moon walk?

Whoa, slow down killer. P4P best fighter in the world? Seriously, he's a great fighter but he'll get killed at 185. He just doesn't have the physical stature to move up in weight. I know GSP is your boy and all but lets not put the cart before the horse.

What impressed me the most about GSP tonight was his strength against Hughes. Hughes typically would use his strength to out muscle a guy on the ground but GSP had his number. Congrats on a decisive victory. P4P? :doh: Seriously.

p4p means regardless of weight, who would reign supreme. Are you telling me that GSP does not have all the tools? He is the most well rounded fighter in MMA. Wrestlers cant take him down. strikers cant outstrike him. He is a beast!

And get killed at 185? Zo, he cuts from like 190 to fight at 170. He will do just fine at 185.

Bottom line, he has beaten everyone at their own game. (except for Serra of course!!)

GSP is better than Fitch at every facet in the game. i think Fitch is good enough to not be finished, but GSP would beat him pretty convincingly, and Fitch is one of my favorite fighters.

Fortunately your track record for picking fights speaks for itself... :):D :laugh:

Sorry, had to bust your balls.

I never said overlook him. Well, maybe a bit. If, IF he beats serra, he will only have fitch and diego left to beat. He has smoked everyone else. Fitch is very good yes, but he would have a HUGE task ahead of him to beat GSP

Dan has crazy power, but he isn't that technical. his power comes from that looping shots that i think Anderson will be able to avoid. Yes, Hendo's chin is legend, but i think Silva is so accurate that he can stun Henderson over the course of the fight and follow up forcing the ref to stop the fight.

Isn't technical, dude you are obviously talking about a different fighter than Dan Henderson. That's how he wins most of his fights, with his head. He doesn't make mistakes. That's why he won so many decisions, he doesn't take stupid risks that get him knocked the **** out. Still, dude sometimes I don't know about you. :D We'll see though. :cheers:

Isn't technical, dude you are obviously talking about a different fighter than Dan Henderson. That's how he wins most of his fights, with his head. He doesn't make mistakes. That's why he won so many decisions, he doesn't take stupid risks that get him knocked the **** out. Still, dude sometimes I don't know about you. :D We'll see though. :cheers:

he's a smart fighter, but in plenty of his fights, his striking goes wild at moments. and he does it enough to the point that it would be a problem against someone as accurate as Silva.

Henderson is at 205 because of the weight classes in Pride. Henderson has whooped guys weighing a lot more than him also. Fighting a t 185 is going to make him even more dominant if you ask me. Hell I think he even weighs in under 205 most the time, he might even have to fatten up a bit. I might be reaching but I think he'll be more comfortable at 185 than he is a 205.

Anyway, Silva is a beast but he really hasn't fought anyone that's a difficult matchup. Franklin is a brawler and doesn't match up well with Silva at all. He's slow and telegraphs his punches. Silva, he's kind of a lanky 185 and Hendo will is a smart fighter, possibly one of the smartest in the game and he won't let himself be suckered into a muai tai clinch with Silva. I got hendo on this one.

By the way, what was up with the gay as break dancing crap GSP did? What's next, the moon walk?

hahaha! first things first, i agree about the break dancing! I was like come on dude, calm the **** down!

Zo i do respect you, i agree with you about 95% of the time.

Like I said, hendo is an absolute ****ing monster. I beleive if he stayed at 205 like he wanted, he was top 5 easy. Thats pretty remarkable considering he was bulking up to reach 200.

Hendo is the 2nd smartest fighter ( after randy) but he has a tendency to get a little sloppy and just start throwing bombs. Randy even commented on this during the Rampage fight. (by the way, if he was just a bit stronger and bigger, he would have won that fight)

Hendo needs to take it to the ground and try to control silva. He needs to be careful tho, we all forget silva is a BJJ blackbelt. He ****ed up the 7 time pancrase champ from the ground, and sub'd lutter.

bottom line, if hendo just tries to bang like everyone else, he will suffer the same fate as everyone else. :cheers:

p4p means regardless of weight, who would reign supreme. Are you telling me that GSP does not have all the tools? He is the most well rounded fighter in MMA. Wrestlers cant take him down. strikers cant outstrike him. He is a beast!

And get killed at 185? Zo, he cuts from like 190 to fight at 170. He will do just fine at 185.

Bottom line, he has beaten everyone at their own game. (except for Serra of course!!)

I understand you have a huge man crush on GSP, I've seen the pictures. :silly:

Now to educate you on the fight game, walking around at 190 doesn't mean that you can fight at 190. That's like saying "well he cuts 20lbs to make 170 so he can go up 15 and fight 205. He's mad strong for a 170lber but guys like Franklin are cutting from over 200 to make 185. They're a hell of a lot bigger and stronger than GSP. It's simple physics son. A bigger taller guy using his size, strength and leverage will 9 out of 10 times beat the smaller guy. There's a huge size difference between GSP and Silva, HUGE!

I disagree i think GSP is plenty strong enough for 185lbs.. I think him and Anderson could be the most exciting fight the UFC could make.. GSP is a monster on the ground look at what he has down to 2 great wrestlers in his last 2 fights and is very big for 170lbs. I think he would work Spida on the ground has well. The only question in that fight would be GSP's chin. If he eats the shots i think he wins in dominating fashion.

I know i'm gonna get bashed for that but Anderson is severly overrated by most. He is a great fighter but most act like he is unbeatable.

Who has Spida beat seriously??

Leben?

Franklin x2?

Nate the great?

Lutter? who was controlling him pretty well

Really look at that list and be honest.

Even before the UFC, who?