Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Worst PPV ever. Arlovski and Sylvia should both have their paychecks returned. Talk about 2 guys that were afraid to do ANYTHING in the ring. Pitiful.

That's not true.

At the end it was, but you try standing there for 25 minutes fighting someone.

The first 2 rounds were good.

I would have liked to see them swing for the fence more, but they did try to ko each other several times.

To their credit they did take some really good shots, and they didn't go down.

That's not true.

At the end it was, but you try standing there for 25 minutes fighting someone.

The first 2 rounds were good.

I would have liked to see them swing for the fence more, but they did try to ko each other several times.

To their credit they did take some really good shots, and they didn't go down.

Simple fact is, neither of them put themselves in a compromising postition. Sure, they threw punches, but mostly one or two punch combo's, and then would back off and dance for 10 seconds. AA didn't go for a take down at all. Why the hell has he been studying BJJ for the last year if he isn't going to use it? Sylvia is a fish out of water on the mat. I think AA is strong enough to take Sylvia down, particularly in the later rounds. He should've stuck with the leg kicks as well, and punished Sylvia that way. But, alas, not a very good fight.

UFC 61 sucked bad. So so so so bad.

Stevenson v Edwards - Disgusting gore fest where no real fighting could take place because everyone was slick with blood. I like fights but that fight should have been stopped LONG before it was.

Mir v Christison - Not bad at all but Mir shouldn't have won that fight. He got spanked the first two rounds and only seemed to have any life at all in the 3rd.

Ken v Tito - lame as hell and stopped to early.

Burkman v Neer - best fight of the night. Good slams and well matched fighters. I laughed at Neer's tat of his own name on his back, some dude at the bar commented that it's so his boyfriend remembers his name. lol

Sylvia v Arlovski - Just when you thought the biggest let down would be Ken Shammy out come these two and prove you wrong. At least Ken lost quick, these idiots forced me to sit through 25 minutes of their posturing. They were both so scared of getting knocked over they gave us a BAD boxing match. LAME!

Simple fact is, neither of them put themselves in a compromising postition. Sure, they threw punches, but mostly one or two punch combo's, and then would back off and dance for 10 seconds. AA didn't go for a take down at all. Why the hell has he been studying BJJ for the last year if he isn't going to use it? Sylvia is a fish out of water on the mat. I think AA is strong enough to take Sylvia down, particularly in the later rounds. He should've stuck with the leg kicks as well, and punished Sylvia that way. But, alas, not a very good fight.

Silvia was always in a compromising situation. The only thing he did was counter punch. He stood there and took the chance that AA wasn't going to connect with a fight ending punch.

There was about 3 really good flurrys in the first 3 rounds.

I thought AA would have gone to the legs more, but 3 or 4 of those leg kicks costed him, because Tim landed some good counters of those. That's when he stopped the leg kicks.

I have never seen AA try a take down on anyone.

For a heavy wieght match, the guys were very active.

I wish it turned out different, I wish they had put a lot more action into it.

But it wasn't a bad fight.

This PPV sucked because it didn't come close to the hype.

But that Neer vs ??? fight was AWESOME!

Plenty of UFC's have sucked in the past. I wasn't able to purchase this one because my box was messing up, but I will definitely purchase the Lidell/Silva fight. That looks to be good.

Any word on who Tito is going to fight next?

There are too many posts to respond to, but look . . . why is everyone hating on the heavyweights? Let's see, they were both anywhere from 240-260 and 5 rounds of that **** will tire anyone out! Also when you have a fight that is expecting a knockout, both fighters usually don't take many chances. Yes, it was boring . . . but at least it went the distance(see Ortiz-Shamrock).

One last thing . . . I am ordering Lidell-Silva. Period.

Yeah I think I'm done ordering the PPVs at least for a while. I was actually looking forward to Frank's fight and then he shows up out of shape and won the fight just because of his name (not that Christison did anythin impressive). The Tito/Ken fight was one of the most disappointing matches I've ever seen. So much hype only to get a quick stoppage. The consensus among my guests and myself was that Herb Dean was told to stop the fight right away if Ken looked like he was in a bad spot due to his age. I really hope we are wrong because if that is the case, UFC should be ashamed of themselves for even putting him in a match. Then Sylvia and Andrei stink up the joint. For the life of my I don't understand why after. lets say the second round, Andrei didn't try to take Tim down and use his ground skills. I mean yeah okay you want to prove you don't have a weak chin but it didn't get you the title back.

As far as Liddell and Silva, I'd pay to see that but I'm not going to hold my breath. Both of them have to remain injury free until November. I expect Liddell to dispose of Babalu with relative ease but Silva has to make it through Pride's Grand Prix before he would see Chuck in November. I hope it happens but I'm not getting too excited yet.

Bottom line, it was a disappointing PPV considering all the hype that surrounded the main events. Shamrock should never step foot in the octagon again, John McCarthy should ref every match on the card, and I hope Tito sticks around. It's going to be a while before he'll see a title shot with Chuck/Babalu and now potentially Chuck/Wanderlei. That gives Tito too much time to find a reason to leave again.

There are too many posts to respond to, but look . . . why is everyone hating on the heavyweights? Let's see, they were both anywhere from 240-260 and 5 rounds of that **** will tire anyone out! Also when you have a fight that is expecting a knockout, both fighters usually don't take many chances. Yes, it was boring . . . but at least it went the distance(see Ortiz-Shamrock).

One last thing . . . I am ordering Lidell-Silva. Period.

A boring fight that goes the distance is just a long boring fight. It was awful, they both should be ashamed of themselves for pecking at each other for 25 minutes.

Anyone wanna gimmie a recap?

two dudes go into a cage, and one dude gets his scalp cut open blood all over his skull and upper chest. announcer says it will be harder to grab him cause hes all slippery. They look at his head and let him keep fighting, eventually he gets beat down.

two more guys enter the cage one was in an accident and its his first fight back, and hes fat and out of shape. Looked like his opponent felt bad for him and wanted to let him win, he still kicked his ass a bit but didnt really try to finish him.

shamrock and ortiz fight, ortiz bull rushes him hits him a couple of times and they stop the fight just cause.

silvia and fangs fight, and they just box the whole time and fangs loses on decision.

dont know if anyone mentioned it but the ortiz shamrock and arlovski sylvia fights are posted on youtube, the sylvia arlovski fight was really boring, tried to watch all five rounds, but really boring, like a boxing match, but without the skill and hard hitting.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad backfrom driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.

What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know

Who are you talking to? :type:

I didn't even make it to the Sylvia fight. I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy UFC if it's in the background. I got into it again because this bar would play the PPV's. You didn't have to sit through all the crap, when the crowd oohed & aahed, I could just turn my head & catch the good parts.

The last two we bought at home (Ortiz/Shamrock, Hughes/Gracie) left a bad taste in my mouth, even though I know the rules & the stoppages were justified.

Guest sith lord
I didn't even make it to the Sylvia fight. I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy UFC if it's in the background. I got into it again because this bar would play the PPV's. You didn't have to sit through all the crap, when the crowd oohed & aahed, I could just turn my head & catch the good parts.

The last two we bought at home (Ortiz/Shamrock, Hughes/Gracie) left a bad taste in my mouth, even though I know the rules & the stoppages were justified.

That's what I'm saying. The 2 most hyped PPV have been snooze fests. I'm seriously thinking about not ordering another PPV (boxing or UFC) in a long time.

For the time being, I'm sticking to TNA.

If you want to watch it but not order it find a pub in your area showing it. That's what I do. Sometimes they have a cover, but no matter what it is it's going to be far less expensive. If it sucks at least you got out of the house for a bit and had a good time making fun of that wax doll looking ring announcer with folks at the bar.

If you want to watch it but not order it find a pub in your area showing it. That's what I do. Sometimes they have a cover, but no matter what it is it's going to be far less expensive. If it sucks at least you got out of the house for a bit and had a good time making fun of that wax doll looking ring announcer with folks at the bar.

I was at Bailey's in Arlington. They had it on 3 bigass plamas. $5 cover, $2 Miller Lites. Somehow i spent $50. That championship fight just made me want to pound beer for some reason. :chug:

Somewhere on the UFC homepage, there is a list of every bar in America that is showing it. I asked the manager how much it costs for a bar to show it. $600.