Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

weekend getaway ideas

Major Harris

My wife and I are going to Memphis this fall for a few days. Check out Graceland, Sun Studios , beale street and all of the old mansions on the river that they have open for tours.

You all are welcome to come with. :) There's no beach in Memphis, but they've got kick ass bbq and gambling in Tunica a few minutes south. :cheers:

would love to, zoony, but fall is a busy time for me. football practice 3/4 nights a week, games/ scouting 2 nights a week. but i love it. :D

the fam and i will have to do our thing in the summer.

nice suggestion, but i live 7 miles from there. we're looking to get away for a few days. :laugh:

Oops my bad for not reading your location. But as you know it's still a good place to prop your tent build a bonfire and roast a few wieners. I can understand if ya want to get a little farther from home though. Oh well.

On the other hand the fam and I have also vacationed in Myrtle Beach,SC for many years. It may be on the outside of your traveling distance but if you can get there it's got about everything.

it's not really out of travelling distance. we've been there before, but i think w/ only having 3 days, we should stay a little closer to home. thanks for all the input, though.

Oops my bad for not reading your location. But as you know it's still a good place to prop your tent build a bonfire and roast a few wieners. I can understand if ya want to get a little farther from home though. Oh well.

no problem. i just figured you didn't know where charles town is....you wouldn't be the first. :laugh:

Cabin on Skyline Drive, then head down to the Shenandoah for a day on the river(tubing, rafting, or playing in the water). Not the beach, but it's not quite as crowded and campfires are always fun.

I agree with this. After my wife finished the bar exam, I took her to Shenandoah for a week. We had a 5 bedroom cabin all to ourselves for $500 / week. We went tubing down the Shenandoah River, Luray Caverns, hiking on Skyline Drive. We had a hot tub outside on a patio of the cabin. Wal-Mart was 8 miles away or you could bring your own food to cook. It was a great week.

HTTR

Good point. Cedar Point is awesome.

Was just at Cedar Point this Friday (July 7). They had the Millenium Force closed (the 310 footer), but we still were able to do the Top Thrill Dragster twice. It takes you from 0 to 120 mph in like 3 seconds. My brother and I rode it, and when the Christmas tree lights up to start the acceleration, we'd yell "GO SKINS!!" We did it for just about all the rides, except we'd yell different stuff like "COWBOYS SUCK!!" It's definitely a good time, if you like roller coasters.

Archived