Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Golic is crazy!

hkHog

In his first 12 months on the job, Parcells became the first head coach in NFL history to direct four different teams to the playoffs when he guided the 2003 Dallas Cowboys to a 10-6 record and a wild card playoff berth.

What an accomplishment. How many coaches have coached 4 teams?

Anyone ever get annoyed when Greenberg keeps talking and won't get to the point? He's like a perpetual run-on sentence. I feel like smacking him in the back to get rid of the skip on his record.
I could forgive him if he actually made valid points, but he's painfully wrong most of the time.

Parcells is the most overrated coach in the NFL, easily. And it has nothing to do with him being the HC of Dallas right now, hes just not as good as the insane hype he gets. How is Belichick not number one?

If parcells came out of retirement and coached the skins and had done the exact same thing as he's done so far in dallas, you would crucify golic if he DIDN'T say he was one of the top 5 head coaches. get over yourself.

Here's my list of analysts:

Troy Aikman, Joe Theisman, Mike Green, Rich Eisen, Kenny Maine, John Madden, Chris Berman, Miichael Irvin, Henry Kissenger, Saddam Hussein, Spongebob, Charles Manson,........................................................(#1034) Mike Golic!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your list is hilarious!

#1033 - Whale Doo-Doo

#1034 - Golic

#1035 - Sean Salisbury

Why wasn't Rich Kotite on Golic's list of Top Coaches?

Dungy? Fantastic? Seriously?

Also, while I really do respect Cowher, he's what, 1-5 in Conference Championship games? If he didn't win the (world's ugliest) Super Bowl this last January, I don't think he'd be on that list.

I like John Fox too, but what the hell has he ever done?

Bingo. As for cowher, good job on the ugly win, but you don't get points for longest tenured coach.

Dungy and Fox (I'd throw in Herm Edwards here) seem like great player friendly coaches, but nice and mildly successful don't take you too far.

My Five: Belicheck and Gibbs' track record speak for themselves, to round out the five I'd throw in holmgren, sherman (sucks to be this guy... big mistake for the owner wanting a "new face" for the organization-- and yes, I know this is cheating), and parcells (a guy I hate and although he shouldn't be considered the 'legend' he's perceived as he has had good success. :2cents:

Bill Coward just won the first big game of his career...how can you put him ahead of Gibbs?!?!?!:doh: :doh: :doh: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :anon: :obvious: sorry some of these icons are pretty funny.

Cowher is not a top 5 coach. That Superbowl was given to him on a silver platter. As for Parcells he is one of the most overrated coaches in Football today. It's the New York hype machine that made Parcells what he is. If you go around and listen to big media they will have you believe that Parcells is a great coach and a better coach that Gibbs. But if you look at the body of work, Gibbs is a much better coach. If you are good, and you play or coach for a New York team, you are great, if you are great and you play or coach a New York team you are one of the greatest of all time, it is a joke.

All Those Guy's Are Idiot's. They Saying The Panthers Will Win It. So U Know They Dont Know Jack. They Show The Skins No Love. They Also Said The Safety From Indy. Is The Nastiest Safety In The League, Its Not Doss, The Other Safety Cant Remember His Name. Wat Ever Happened To Taylor, Reed, Palomalu.

Bob Sanders is his name, he is a nice safety, but not as nice as ST.

I'd put Cowher on that list for the following reasons:

He's 138-86-1...

He's been to five AFC Championship games, winning two of them...

Of the three AFC Title games he's lost, one was to New England (who didn't lose to New England during that four-year stretch) and one was to the Chargers on a literally last minute TD...

He's been to the Super Bowl twice, winning one of them...

He's had most of his success with quarterbacks such as Kordell Stewart, Neil O'Donnell and Tommy Maddox...

I give him the edge over Shanahan because unlike Shanahan, Cowher has never had anything close to a HOF QB running his team and has been to more AFC Title games and just as many Super Bowls...not to mention that Shanahan seems to not be able to get past Indy, while Cowher has found a way to get past pretty much whoever stops his team the season before.

Yeah but what you feel to realize is that Cowher has always had a really good defense, and they always took pressure off the offense, because they always gave them good field positon and turnovers. Denver has never had a dominant defense like Pittsburgh. They have had good defenses, but never a top 5 defense.

Sorry, but Parcells is NOT overrated. No way. I believe Gibbs should be in that list of 5, but Parcells isn't overrated. He's a hell of a coach.

Sorry to have to use this @#$% site to back up my statement about Parcells, but here you go:

http://lb.dallascowboys.com/team_coach_bios.cfm?newName=Bill_Parcells

On January 2, 2003, Bill Parcells took over the head coaching reigns of the Dallas Cowboys, marking the union of one of the NFL's most visible and successful franchises with one of the most prominent coaches in the history of the league.

In his first 12 months on the job, Parcells became the first head coach in NFL history to direct four different teams to the playoffs when he guided the 2003 Dallas Cowboys to a 10-6 record and a wild card playoff berth. It was his ninth trip to the postseason as an NFL head coach. After a 6-10 season in 2004, Parcells' 17-year career record now stands at 165-123-1.

Parcells is currently 11th in NFL history in total victories by a head coach, and he is the second winningest active coach in the NFL trailing only San Diego's Marty Schottenheimer, who has posted 182 victories in 19 years. With four victories in 2005, Parcells will move ahead of Bud Grant (168) and into the NFL's all-time top 10 for coaching victories.

A two-time Super Bowl winner with the New York Giants (1986 and 1990), Parcells is one of only four coaches (Dan Reeves, Don Shula and Dick Vermeil) in NFL history to have led two separate teams to the Super Bowl. He joined that elite coaching group after taking the New England Patriots to the NFL title game following the team's AFC Championship in 1996.

One of just four active NFL head coaches to have won at least two Super Bowls (Joe Gibbs, Bill Belichick and Mike Shanahan), Parcells owns a postseason record of 11-7. He has guided 11 teams to winning seasons, and nine of his clubs have won at least 10 regular season games. Parcells-led teams have finished in either first or......

Sorry, that's about all I can take from quoting a dallas site. If you want to see the rest, click the link.

Parcells is a 500 coach at Dallas, and if it wasn't for that fluke 1st year he would have a losing record.

Joe Gibbs is 17-15 in the regular season since returning to Washington. He's in the middle of the pack in the NFL at best right now. Be a little objective.

eusa_wall.gif

Actually he's 16-16 (17-17 overall), which happens to be the exact same record Andy Reid enjoyed in Philly after two years. Noone was calling Reid middle of the pack by then, and noone should be saying it about Gibbs now. He's done a heck of a job with this team so far.

Is he top five? Based on just 04-05, of course not. But given that he's a HOF coach already, the fact that he is continuing to prove he can win in the league should move him up the ladder a bit. I'd definately have him ahead of Dungy at this point, whose teams habitually underachieve in the playoffs, and at least on par with Parcells, whose post-Giant teams tend to fluctuate wildy from year to year.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your list is hilarious!

#1033 - Whale Doo-Doo

#1034 - Golic

#1035 - Sean Salisbury

Why wasn't Rich Kotite on Golic's list of Top Coaches?

No no no

it goes:

#1033 - Whale *****

#1034 - Moneky Spunk

#1035 - The guy on the street corner wailing about the end of the world and trying to chew his own face

#1036 - My 2-year old neice

#1037 - Corky from Life Goes On

#1038 - The "Don't throw us away" kid from the American Assoc. of Retarded Persons Ad

#1039 - Bruce the Hugger

#1040 - An Inanimate Carbon Rod

#1041 - WeownU

#1042 - Golic

#1043 - a brick

#1044 - Salisbury

:dallasuck

You guys are killing me. :)

I don't have a problem with Golic running off a list of names that doesn't include Gibbs. I doubt he thought about it all that hard and if someone had brought up Gibbs he'd have said "not a bad choice either" or something like that. Personally I think Gibbs is right up there, but it will probably take another winning season to convince the rest of the world for sure. No big deal.

Archived