Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Photo A Day.... 0 days to go Camp is HERE!!!{MERGED} Now with a poll!

BroSweets

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

A photo a day…..

Let’s get it on! The countdown to camp has begun. To help pass the time and get us Skins fans through the dog days of summer and the final agonizing next 30 days before training camp 2006 begins. For the next few weeks we thought it would be fun to post a photo a day in an attempt to satisfy our hunger for Redskins football. We will try and capture some fond memories from 2005 as well as player profiles and what we can expect in 2006 and much more. We had a nice run in 2005 but 2006 should be special. I know every year we think we have a contender on paper and it has not worked yet. Until last year. After a semi-slow start, all the pieces started fitting together. The wheels were in motion w/ a direction. With this being year 3 under Gibbs, this should prove to be one of the most memorable seasons in Redskins history. Only time will tell.

Photo 1 came from Fan Appreciation day last year. On a scorching hot August day, Coach Gibbs addressed the crowd. And during his speech he left practically everyone in attendance in hysterics by saying the "Cowboys fans were the ugliest fans in the world". I was stunned. I never expected to hear that from our mild mannered coach. I guess he had to make an apology later on, but it was well worth it.

We hope you will enjoy our daily segements.

29 more days…..

The Rock fires up the crowd at Fedex!

It will be a fierce battle in camp at the running back position. In the new Saunders offense, where will guys like Rock Cartwright fit in? While Portis is our starter, Ladell Betts could see significant time this year. A real nice 1-2 punch. Obviously Gibbs really liked what Rock brought to the table last season, after struggling to get any playing time in 2004 in Gibbs first season back. Rock played in all 16 games in 2005 and both playoff games in 2006. Rock proved to be valuable in the backfield as shown in week 12 last year against the Rams. With Portis and Betts hampered with injuries. In a must win for the Skins in the stretch run for the playoffs. Rock rushed for 118 yards. Rock also is a key contributor on special teams. Rock has proved time and time again he will do anything for this team. And bottom line proved he is a Gibbs guy. Even is 2004, while not suiting up, you would see him constantly standing on the bench getting the crowd going. You never heard him complain about his role. He just kept working hard to prove himself to coach Gibbs and boy did it pay off. And the Redskins stuck by him by resigning him in the off season. This will be Rock’s 5th year in the league. And

should prove to be his most challenging yet.

Here's a sentimenal one. My great grandnephew was born November 30th... and that was right before we started our "Five and O or we don't go" streak. He wore the same Redskin onsie for every game... except the Seattle game.

This is him at one month. Of course we chose something Redskins to take a picture of him with each month to record his growth progress.

Archived