Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sounds like CUT AND RUN

Chief skin

Being Bush can't catch him dead or alive he is just giving up, or to put it in his words cutting and running. The scum who killed 3000 Americans and is the number one terrorist in the world is now down graded from a high level threat.

Updated: 8:06 a.m. ET July 5, 2006

NEW YORK - The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, The New York Times reported in its Tuesday edition.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the CIA Counterterrorist Center, the officials told the paper.

Intelligence officials said the realignment reflects a view that al-Qaida is no longer as hierarchical as it once was, as well as a growing concern about al-Qaida-inspired groups that have begun carrying out attacks independent of bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Agency officials said that tracking bin Laden and his deputies remained a high priority, and that the decision to disband the unit was not a sign that the effort had slackened.

Instead, the officials said, it reflects a belief that the agency can better deal with high-level threats by focusing on regional trends rather than on specific organizations or individuals, the Times reported.

A link would be appropriate ;)

Perhaps he is tired of the CIA not accomplishing much and is turning responsibility over to the military?

Going by thier track record it is past time. ;)

I would say that this is probably a more efficient use of intel assets. Having shops that specialize solely on one target, these shops tend to lose pespective on the overall state. I guess you could say that they "couldn't see the forest for the trees"...

Being Bush can't catch him dead or alive he is just giving up, or to put it in his words cutting and running. The scum who killed 3000 Americans and is the number one terrorist in the world is now down graded from a high level threat.

Updated: 8:06 a.m. ET July 5, 2006

NEW YORK - The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, The New York Times reported in its Tuesday edition.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the CIA Counterterrorist Center, the officials told the paper.

Intelligence officials said the realignment reflects a view that al-Qaida is no longer as hierarchical as it once was, as well as a growing concern about al-Qaida-inspired groups that have begun carrying out attacks independent of bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Agency officials said that tracking bin Laden and his deputies remained a high priority, and that the decision to disband the unit was not a sign that the effort had slackened.

Instead, the officials said, it reflects a belief that the agency can better deal with high-level threats by focusing on regional trends rather than on specific organizations or individuals, the Times reported.

Very, very weak attempt.

Yeah... I want my leadership doing the same thing that has produced no results since 9-11. Let's face it... Bin Laden has been harder to find than a needle in a haystack. I'd prefer we change directions and progress from a new angle.... especially one that now focuses on home grown terrorist groups now at work to attack sites in America. We'll get Bin Laden sooner or later... but protecting Americans should be job #1.

You libs..... part of the enemy within.

It does if your goal is party political gain over national security, hey everyone is free to spread whatever propaganda they want here. I just hope most people can see through it.

I'm not sure of what you meant. Are you saying Chief Skin is spreading propaganda, or the administration is?

If this is true it's not all that surprising.

Source: http://www.factcheck.org/article281.html

Q (March 13, 2002): Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? . . .

Bush: So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. . . .

Q: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

Bush: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

Bush basically told us that Osama wasn't as important to us anymore.

"Bush basically told us that Osama wasn't as important to us anymore."

Isn't that basicly what the Dems said about Sadamn under sanctions?

Are you saying they are both wrong? ;)

I'm not sure of what you meant. Are you saying Chief Skin is spreading propaganda, or the administration is?

Chief Skin with the thread title

These days Bin Laden is much more of a weekend at Bernie's type guy

Dedicating an entire unit of fine officers to him is overkill

A lot of the Bin Laden group has talents in many other areas which can better serve us in the WOT

Chief Skin with the thread title

These days Bin Laden is much more of a weekend at Bernie's type guy

Dedicating an entire unit of fine officers to him is overkill

A lot of the Bin Laden group has talents in many other areas which can better serve us in the WOT

The reason I asked is that I think he must have misunderstood my post. Either that, or I'm misunderstanding his.

The reason I asked is that I think he must have misunderstood my post. Either that, or I'm misunderstanding his.

Its all based on the thread title

Its being presented as a big negative thing, when in fact it really doesn't do much, it just takes out a dedicated unit in offices in Northern VA to finding one guy when they are thousands of miles away from him

Cheif Skin is totally spreading it. His goal is to weaken his political enemy on the war on terrorism, and my hope is that most people understand this propaganda and can seperate those who are on target and those who just want to confuse the goal.

Its all based on the thread title

Its being presented as a big negative thing, when in fact it really doesn't do much, it just takes out a dedicated unit in offices in Northern VA to finding one guy when they are thousands of miles away from him

I know. Which is why I said it doesn't seem like this is a terrible idea to me. Since dreamingwolf quoted my post, I thought he thought I was against the change.

Anyway, I'm just going to let it go at this point.

I know. Which is why I said it doesn't seem like this is a terrible idea to me. Since dreamingwolf quoted my post, I thought he thought I was against the change.

Anyway, I'm just going to let it go at this point.

I was answering your question of the chief, saying that reason someone whould say what the chief would say was to spread prop for his partys gain over where we should focus resources.

"Bush basically told us that Osama wasn't as important to us anymore."

Isn't that basicly what the Dems said about Sadamn under sanctions?

Are you saying they are both wrong? ;)

They may both be right.

Dems were right. Saddam was bluffing and when we shot him and now that we've shot the player and looked at his cards we know this to be true. He wasn't very important and wasn't much of a threat to the US.

Bush may also be right. Al Qaeda has been getting their asses kicked lately. Osama may be free but his terrorist cells are being rounded up and his leaders captured or killed. We may indeed have bigger fish to fry at this very moment then some freak in a cave. I don't have access to the data but I don't think the President would make comments like that otherwise.

Osama may not be the threat today that he once was, however I think it is still crucial to make catching him a top priority.

It's pretty clear he MURDERED 3,000 Americans. 3,000!!!!!

Not to mention how he really did manage to change how we live in this country. Fear has been at the center of news for 5 years. Elderly women are getting searched and detained at airports. So far 2,500 more Americans have died and we are spending $10 Billion a month on a mess in Iraq. Government agencies are openly spying on Americans for the first time in history.

What spawned all this? answer: Osama

Whether he is a threat at this point or not is moot in my opinion, because above all else, this @#$%@$ needs to be brought to justice!!!! Aside from the principle of the matter, it would also bolster security because it would send a real message to other potential malefactors that nothing will stop us from getting to you.

I disagree with this move. If the unit was having trouble, I would give them more resources or shake-up the staff.

The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, The New York Times reported in its Tuesday edition.

This article is obviously a fake, because everybody knows that Bill Clinton had Ossama spending the night in the Lincoln bedroom to thank him for his campaign contributions.

(That is, everybody except the people who know that when Bush took over he immediatly fired everybody who was working on Ossama because he wanted to attack Saddam.)

Archived