Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fact or Fiction NFL Style

skinfan2k

who will win the world cup?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. who will win the world cup?

I will propose the question, and give me reasons why its a fact of fiction

Fact or Fiction: 3 of last years teams that made the playoffs will not make it again in the NFC.

Seattle, Chicago, Carolina, NY Giants, Tampa Bay, Washington

Fact or Fiction: These teams have the potential to be 0-2 after week 2 of the nfl season

Vikings ( at washington, vs carolina)

Washington ( vikings, at cowboys)

NY Giants ( vs Indianpolis, at Philadelphia)

Kansas City ( Cincy, at Denver)

Fact or Fiction: the division winners in the AFC remain the same

afc east: new england

afc north: cincy

afc south: indy

afc west: denver

if u got more questions, that would be terrific. i wanna make a poll, but dont know how

would it be possible to have this moved to the general stadium forum?

In before the move!!!!

1) Fiction, Tampa and New York look like the only ones that could fall out of the picture. Washington SHOULD be better than last year. Seattle may fall off a pinch because of the weakend O-line. Carolina looks strong, if their running game stays healthy. Chicago is in a bad division.

2)Fiction, Although the Vikes and the Chiefs may go 0-2, the Skins and Giants will most likely go 1-1 if not 2-0.

3)Fiction, Cincy will most likely fall to a Wildcard team if Palmer does not start all 16 games. The Dolphins will likely contend with NE this year for the East. NE is on the decline while Miami is rising. They may just be at the same level this year depending on Culpepper.

i really dont see why new england is on a dowfall, they get rodney harrison back and last year they were starting rookie dbs every where. they got maroney and chad jackson in the draft and tedy brushi is here to play a full year

Yes, but they lost McGinnest, an emotional leader, Branch, a go to guy and not to mention their guy in the clutch Vinatieri. Maroney will have to play second fiddle to Corey Dillon. Jackson will take 3-4 years to become an impact player. The Pats are sliding, not as far as Philly slid in the NFC East, but they are sliding nonetheless.

Yes, but they lost McGinnest, an emotional leader, Branch, a go to guy and not to mention their guy in the clutch Vinatieri. Maroney will have to play second fiddle to Corey Dillon. Jackson will take 3-4 years to become an impact player. The Pats are sliding, not as far as Philly slid in the NFC East, but they are sliding nonetheless.
They didn't lose Branch, they lost Givens- Branch last I heard was just possibly holding out for some more coin. And I think their running game will be stronger than anything recently, having Maroney will keep Dillon fresher throughout the season and could create a pretty decent 1-2 attack. Losing Vinatieri will certainly hurt though, I agree, but I also don't think McGinnest's departure will create too much of a problem, especially in Belichek's plug-n-play defensive system. Also, when you have a QB like Tom Brady, who carried them to the playoffs last year on his back and has proven to be one of the most clutch athletes in North American sports, you're never out of any playoff contention.

They didn't lose Branch, they lost Givens- Branch last I heard was just possibly holding out for some more coin. And I think their running game will be stronger than anything recently, having Maroney will keep Dillon fresher throughout the season and could create a pretty decent 1-2 attack. Losing Vinatieri will certainly hurt though, I agree, but I also don't think McGinnest's departure will create too much of a problem, especially in Belichek's plug-n-play defensive system. Also, when you have a QB like Tom Brady, who carried them to the playoffs last year on his back and has proven to be one of the most clutch athletes in North American sports, you're never out of any playoff contention.

My bad I did mix them up.

Now, I never said that they wouldn't make the playoffs I just think that they may lose the division crown. McGinnest is going to be a big loss for them. He was an emotional leader and arguably the leader of the D. Bellichick's pulg-and-play D didn't work too well when Harisson, McGinnest and Bruschi went down. I am not discounting Tom Brady's ability, I simply think the team is on a slight decline and Miami may catch them.

My bad I did mix them up.

Now, I never said that they wouldn't make the playoffs I just think that they may lose the division crown. McGinnest is going to be a big loss for them. He was an emotional leader and arguably the leader of the D. Bellichick's pulg-and-play D didn't work too well when Harisson, McGinnest and Bruschi went down. I am not discounting Tom Brady's ability, I simply think the team is on a slight decline and Miami may catch them.

Yeah that's fair, my comment on them still being able to make the playoffs was moreso directed at the way some people (not necessarily on this board, but just in general) seem to be ready to count them out until they rebuild some of that offense (they also lost a lineman to Seattle) and the defense. I think part of that though stems from people ready to jump on Miami as the "hot" team to bandwagon with. McGinnest will be a loss yes, but last year losing McGinnest, Bruschi, and Harrison all together DOES make a pretty substantial difference, that's 3 Pro Browl/All Pro players on one side of the ball, and if I recall correctly, several other defensive players played through different injuries as well. I don't know though, I know Miami got hot at the end of last season, and I know talent wise on offense they seem pretty explosive, but I'm not quite ready to accept they're as good as a lot of the media pundits would like us to believe, atleast not yet.

As for the rest of the topic-

1. Fiction- 2 of those teams won't make the playoffs, but not three. I think the Cowboys and Skins will edge out the Giants, and I think either the Panthers or the Bucs (although I'd like to believe the Bucs) could very well miss the playoffs if the Falcons improved defense and more experienced offense shows up this year like it should. NFC East is easily the most stacked and ridiculous division in football in a long time, but the NFC South is no joke either relatively speaking.

2. Every team really has the potential to be 0-2 to start the season, even we could lose an upset to the Vikings then lose to the Cowboys at home (one loss I envision anyway). But realistically, I'd say the Vikings could easily go 0-2, and maybe the Giants depending on how Philly starts the year and how the NY defense really performs.

3. Fact- I see no reason, barring serious injuries during the season, why last year's division champs shouldn't retain their titles this year. Palmer is on pace to come back healthy to start Week 1, nobody will beat out Indy in the AFC South, Denver's still the best team in the AFC West, and I already said I don't know that Miami is stronger than New England when both teams are healthy.

FACT OR FICTION- Larry Johnson will be the leading rusher next season, and will win league MVP.

Archived