Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DallasNews.com Beat Writer Picks Skins To Win The Division...

tr1

Craig: Any news or thoughts on Marion Barber's work in the offseason? I've heard reports that he's bulked up considerably, as well as gotten faster, and even heard rumors that there may be some controversy for the starter at the RB position.

Matt Mosley: By all accounts (1), Barber is indeed having a nice offseason. But so am I.

I think I may have to start using that line.

"From e-mail: Drafting Fasano opens the door to a two-tight end set. Good idea – Terry Glenn takes a CB and the FS with him deep; T.O. occupies a CB and a nickelback; two TEs each remove a LB; Leaving five defenders to catch Julius Jones – love it! Is this just a long-time staple of Parcells' arsenal? (I can't recall seeing either Mark Bavarro or Ben Coates in two-end sets). Or is there something specific that he feels makes the NFC East particularly vulnerable to this scheme? Alan in Lubbock, Texas

Matt Mosley: Alan, you are obviously a very astute fan (possibly a coach)."

Jesus Mosley, lean back on the praise, monkeys understand that much about football... :doh:

"From e-mail: Drafting Fasano opens the door to a two-tight end set. Good idea – Terry Glenn takes a CB and the FS with him deep; T.O. occupies a CB and a nickelback; two TEs each remove a LB; Leaving five defenders to catch Julius Jones – love it! Is this just a long-time staple of Parcells' arsenal? (I can't recall seeing either Mark Bavarro or Ben Coates in two-end sets). Or is there something specific that he feels makes the NFC East particularly vulnerable to this scheme? Alan in Lubbock, Texas

Jesus Mosley, lean back on the praise, monkeys understand that much about football... :doh:

That is so stupid. My guess is Parcells just wants to copy what the Pats and Redskins were doing last year. SInce the draft, people around football are acting like Parcells is revolutionizing the game by using two TEs. Hello, Gibbs has been using two TEs for twenty years!

isnt this a running theme this offseason with cowboy fans? the tell you about their two tight end set and then tell you exactly what play they are going to run, and that play is apparently unstoppable. kinda weird

The obvious flaw here is that if Dallas are in a 2 TE set there will not BE a nickle back on the field for TO to occupy - unless they plan to run that set on 3 rd and plenty.

In any case based on last years performance 5 guys and/or a couple of daisys growing on the field should take care of Julius Jones.

Archived