Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Power Outage During Superman Movie

stwasm

Greetings, all!

So I'm at the movie theater watching the new Superman movie this afternoon. During the final 20 minutes of the film, a storm rolls through the area, a transformer in the vicinity blows and the power is knocked out! I've never seen that happen at a movie theater before. We waited about a half hour before finally deciding to leave. The theater offered us the opportunity either to get our money back or use the ticket stubs for another time. We decided on the latter and went from there. But, man I was so into it up until that point. Rats! :mad:

Feel your pain. Had that happen after 5 hours combined waiting time for Empire Strikes back a few hundred years ago. Right before the end, lighteing takes the power away. Did the stub thing and saw it again a few weeks later but still. :mad: Hope you get to see it again.

When Luke and Leia where on that rope bridge talking in Return of the Jedi the film just suddendly stopped and all the lights came on. They said for everyone to orderly exit the theater through the emergancy doors. Some douche called a bomb threat into the springfield mall movie theater. I dont know if they ever caught him, but I hope he died shortly after making that call.

Just wondering, what's the point of taking the stub option? If you get your money back you can use it for something else if need be (I suppose this is the short-on-cash college student talking) and you can go see it at a different theater if you want.

Just wondering, what's the point of taking the stub option? If you get your money back you can use it for something else if need be (I suppose this is the short-on-cash college student talking) and you can go see it at a different theater if you want.

I think it is the point of the short on cash person talking, the theater wants to keep your money if they can and they would rather just give you credit to see a show for free rather than giving you green back. Thats why its an option.

edit:

Oh you were asking why would you take the option, well if your not short on cash and the theater is close and you go alot why not just take the pass. You know your gonna use it. You had already budgeted the night, it got bungled its money you knew was gone anyways.

Actually, I thought it was pretty ironic that the outage happened during a movie featuring interruptions in electrical service. Yeah, the story dragged a little bit. But, I liked the special effects and there were little nuggets that I picked up on as a die-hard Superman fan. AND there was a VERY interesting plot twist within the movie. I heard there would be, but I just about jumped out of my seat when I realized what it was. I don't want to spoil it for those who want to see the movie, but it is something that's never been explored in the Superman genre.

Archived