Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please tell me who wore this number?

kingchris626

This is a Stall & Dean jersey from an outlet in Vegas. When I first looked at it, I right away asked the representative "who is Stall & Dean"? I never heard of them before. He said that they used to make NFL jerseys back in the day but he hasn't seen them in a while. But that the throwback jersey I was looking at was legit. Anyway, it was 50% off and its nice and thick. It doesn't feel flimsy or anything like that. Plus the numbers are sewn on really nice and perfect.

There is a Redskins patch on the left shoulder(see pic). Does anyone know anything about this jersey? Does anyone know if it's an actual throwback? Who wore #45?

Thanks!

th_DSC00650.jpg

th_DSC00649.jpg

The #45 represents the year the Skins wore the jersey. It is a 1945 jersey. I've got one myself. Another company makes a 1937 jersey with 37 on it.

Damn! All that searching for nothing. Are you sure?

I went on to hailredskins.com and looked in their database of players. I came up with these players that wore #45 during the 40's and 50's:

Sam Baker

Ed Beinor

Ralph Felton

Bob Hoffman

Ted Lapka

Paul Mckee

Bo Russell

Dick Stovall

Only Baker had any notable stats though.

The #45 represents the year the Skins wore the jersey. It is a 1945 jersey. I've got one myself. Another company makes a 1937 jersey with 37 on it.

That sounds good. I think you're right. So you have the same exact jersey? Where did you buy it? How much? I got mine for like $70. It was normally $225

I went on to hailredskins.com and looked in their database of players. I came up with these players that wore #45 during the 40's and 50's:

Sam Baker

Ed Beinor

Ralph Felton

Bob Hoffman

Ted Lapka

Paul Mckee

Bo Russell

Dick Stovall

Back in the good ole days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, you could go on the extremeskins.com database. It was great! You could find stuff using almost any input. It was the best redskins database system on the face of the earth. <taps>

All Redskins who wore #45:

Sam Baker [FB/HB/K/P]'53-'59

Ed Beinor [G/T]'41-'42

Speedy Duncan [CB/DB/S]'71-'74

Ralph Felton [DB/FB/LB]'54-'60

Bob Hoffman [b/FB/HB/QB]'40-41

Sidney Johnson [CB]'90-'92

Ted Lapka [E]'43-'46

Paul McKee [E]'47-'48

Bo Russell [G/T]'39-'40

Mike Sellers [FB/HB/TE]'98-'00,'04-?

Dick Stovall [C/G]'49

Brian Walker [DB/S]'96-'97

Jeris White [CB/DB]'80-'82

Barry Wilburn [CB/S]'85-'89

Gerard Williams [CB]'76-'78

That sounds good. I think you're right. So you have the same exact jersey? Where did you buy it? How much? I got mine for like $70. It was normally $225

My father got mine on ebay a few years ago and gaveit to me as a gift. I'm not sure how much he paid for it. Its a pretty sweet jersey is it? I've worn it to the stadium a couple of times and I always get a few comments about it. Sounds like you got a great deal.

he's right on both. I also have both, but doing research I found them to be slightly off on the year. It was actually worn more around 1948-1950. The Mitchell & Ness Baugh jersey is off on it's date too. They have a "1947" tag on the Baugh M&N jersey but that style of script for the numbers was actually worn in the early 50s.

Archived