Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

grease on asphalt driveway (need help)

In Flames

ok, so i was moving my gas grill the other day, and the little can that you put underneath to catch the grease, fell off and spilled on the driveway. man what a nasty sight, and it stinks to boot. does anyone know of anything that can help remove it, or maybe some home remedies. thanks in advance.

I missed the oil pan while changing my oil one day. I sprayed it down with simple green and hosed it off, no oil to be seen. Simple green is also enviromentally safe so it won't hurt to just hose it down the drain.

I swear by it. Honestly I use it on just about everything.

Stains in clothes

Clean your rims, excellent at removing brake dust

Remove's grease from driveways

Spray on your hands after working on your car and the dirt comes right off

Under your hood, to me it's better than regular engine degreaser

The Air Force used to use it to clean planes, don't know if they still do or not

I know for a fact our Power Pro (generator guys) use it by the 50 gallon barrels full

That's just a few of the things I know it works on

I missed the oil pan while changing my oil one day. I sprayed it down with simple green and hosed it off, no oil to be seen. Simple green is also enviromentally safe so it won't hurt to just hose it down the drain.

As long asa teh drain does not drain to a water way

If I'm not mistaken the whole reason the Air Force used it was because it's bio-degradeable and safe. Granted if you dump several hundred gallons into a stream it will "F" stuff up but I don't believe it's a toxic cleaner. I could be wrong but I'll do some research and find out.

So if you google Simple green you'll see that it is in fact biodegradable and non-toxic. It say's not to dump it down storm drains but then again its against the law to dump any cleaner in a storm drain. It say's it won't harm grass or plants if sprayed on them and it's safer around kids and pets than most cleaners.

The first time I ever used it was in Germany at Spandhalem AB. The guys on the flight line used it to clean jets and I know for a fact that Germany has more stringent environmental laws than we do and it was allowed by them for our use replacing more toxic cleaning agents.

Simple Green is the poo poo.

Archived