Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT-Pick a sport. Pick a movie.

Henry

some of these are pushing it. I suppose the Friday the 13th series would count because Jason wears a mask, right? :)

And when I think of Victory I thnk of Stallone's ego getting out of control and his becoming a caricature of movie heros. Can you imagine doing a soccer movie with Pele and giving YOURSELF the make-or-break moment on the field at the end. Otherwise I quite liked the movie, but that damn near ruined it for me.

Bull Durham. Love that one.

Not one person has named "Necessary Roughness"?

Granted, it was a cheesy comedy. But, I did like one explanation of how college football works: "Dean, our players were in a fight with The Pride of Texas. That means, if the sherriff arrests our players, he has to arrest The Pride of Texas, too. And sherriffs who arrest The Pride of Texas when they're undefeated, don't get re-elected".

I'm a big movie buff so this is right up my alley. Here are a few that immediately come to mind:

Running: Chariots of Fire, Best sport film ever with a great score by Tangerine Dream

Documentary: Tokyo Olympiad, About the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, get the Criterion DVD, simply mesmerizing.

Golf: Caddyshack, who hasn't watched this baby at least once while stoned at a college frat party.

Baseball: Eight Men Out, John Sayles dark classic about the Black Sox scandal. "Say it aint so Joe."

Football: Remember the Titans, based on a true story that happened in Alexandria Virginia.

Future Sports: Rollerball, The excellent James Caan/ John Houseman version of course.

Come on Guys...

Horse Racing and Gambling....

"Let It Ride"

Football...

"Brian's Song"

Baseball...

"Eight Men Out"

Poker (yeah it's a sport)...

"Rounders"

Boxing...

"Digstown"

Extreme Sports...

"Point Break"

Skateboarding...

"Gleaming the Cube"

Wrestling...

"Ready to Rumble"

And Art, by the way, "Victory" was a geat flick. Pele's bicycle kick against the nazis still brings a tear to my eye:D

Rocky IV is the greatest movie of all-time... i have the 5-disc collection on DVD and they are, by far, the best movies ever... that's about the only good thing to ever come out of Philly...

as far as football movies, Remember The Titans is top on my list... i live in Northern VA and can relate to all the high schools in the movie... i don't think you can get better than RTT...

Originally posted by THiTo48

Rocky IV is the greatest movie of all-time... i have the 5-disc collection on DVD and they are, by far, the best movies ever... that's about the only good thing to ever come out of Philly...

"I MUST BREAK YOU."

THiTo48 you forgot to insert the obligatory smiley face in your above post. When you say things which are obviously absurd you should always insert a smiley so that even the densest among us will know that you're not serious. :)

I like the "only good thing out of Philly" part though.

as far as football movies, Remember The Titans is top on my list... i live in Northern VA and can relate to all the high schools in the movie... i don't think you can get better than RTT...

Here, you are of course on a much more solid foundation. No smiley required.

This offering presented courtesy of nanny.gif

Originally posted by BallCoachSpurrier

"I MUST BREAK YOU."

THiTo48 you forgot to insert the obligatory smiley face in your above post. When you say things which are obviously absurd you should always insert a smiley so that even the densest among us will know that you're not serious. :)

I like the "only good thing out of Philly" part though.[/img]

o but my friend, i was serious... i'd rank IV as the best, with I and III a close 2nd... II would follow and V is, was, and always will be the disappointment in the series... they are classics man and truly entertaining movies... therefore, i'll skip the "obligatory" smiley and go with the thumbs up...

:thumbsup:

and i meant every word of that Philly comment... :high:

THiTo48 stay calm, everything's gonna be alright. Help is on the way.

I just sent your statement that "Rocky IV is the greatest movie of all-time" via email to authorities at St. Elizabeths mental hospital.

They have authorized an "Emergency Intervention Team" to race to your houseand pick you up before you can do any harm to yourself or others. They should be there within the hour to get your treatment started.

They're even bringing a brand new spiffy canvas jacket for you to wear...

straight-jacket.jpg

:laugh:

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

In my mind, the more egregious statement was that III comes in 2nd. Rocky III was GODAWFUL.

1 == Good

2, 4 == Not Bad.

3, 5 == Horrible.

III was a classic!!!! Mr. T man!!!! how can you forget... "The Ultimate Male verses the Ultimate Meatball!!"

"What did you say, Paper Champion? I'll beat you like a dog! A Dog!" :laugh:

Bicycling: 117377.jpg

Don’t remember this one? Just think of Lori Loughlin in a form-fitting BMX racing outfit, circa 1986. See, it’s all coming back to you now.

Skiing: 105359.jpg

The coup de grace in this quirky, cheaply made ‘80s teen flick features John Cusack as ne’er-do-well protagonist Lane Myer outracing everyone, from his bitter rival to the town’s psychotic paperboy, down a snowy mountain on just one damn ski. In the end, he gets the (better) girl -- the cute foreign exchange chick from France -- and reclaims his dignity. Does it get any better than this, folks? Not without a six-pack of Old Milwaukee, it doesn’t.

Exotic Dancing: Showgirls1-0_250.jpg

Who can forget Elizabeth Berkley’s hilariously acrobatic, Flipper-on-crack “sex scene” with Kyle MacLachlan in a neon lined swimming pool in this “gem” of movie? Of course, the better question is: How could anyone forget it? (And don’t tell me that stripping ain’t a sport, ladies and gentlemen. Them stripper biznatches are simply too damn limber not to be considered affaletes.)

Archived