Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leslie Sheppard Story

eggitmon

You guys remember him right? the old mediocre skins WR. My buddy works at a golf course and said he showed up to golf with Brian Mitchell and he just brought a putter. He claimed he was just there to "drive the cart, drink beer, and putt". My friend asked him what his handicap was and he said "man, i always walk like this"...that comeback is the shiznattle.

I think your homie is lyin. Does he work at a course down in the Williamsburg area?

Cuz Brian Mitchell told this story 3 times in the last two weeks on his radio show. I can bet money your "friend" heard the story on there and told you that he was the one that asked Leslie that question! :laugh: :2cents:

Didn't he do something really screwed up at 6 Flags (former adventure world, formerly wild world) back in like 96? He actually punched a woman in the face... Sounds like the type of guy I would want coaching high school kids. Any thoughts?

Leslie Sheppard is the OC at Gwynn Park High School in PG County, they won the state title for 3A last year.

He's born and raised in PG county - Ft Washington.

he played for the Dolphins for a few years after here and Snyder allowed him to sign a 1 day contract in 2002 so could retire as a Redskin.

Leslie Shepherd was a poop stain on the history of the Washington Redskins. He was a average player who thought he was great. He was one of the many cancers on the team back in the Norv years and I couldn't have been happier that he left. His only "flash of brilliance" is when he packed his bags and left DC.

YEAR TEAM Rec Yds TD

1994 Redskins 1 8 0

1995 Redskins 29 486 2

1996 Redskins 23 344 3

1997 Redskins 29 562 5

1998 Redskins 43 712 8

1999 Browns 23 274 0

2000 Dolphins 35 446 4

TOTAL 7 Seasons 183 2832 22

He was essentially another version of Albert Connell in terms of skill. A very solid #2 WR in the right circumstances with the ability to hit big plays, but nobody of any real note overall.

The thing that sticks with me is the stories about those Norv years where he and some others were a large part of the lax attitude on the team, which was part of the reason why the club wanted to get rid of him.

Didn't he do something really screwed up at 6 Flags (former adventure world, formerly wild world) back in like 96? He actually punched a woman in the face... Sounds like the type of guy I would want coaching high school kids. Any thoughts?

Meh, his it was probably just a spasm.

Yeah, I sort of liked Albert Connell, too. He was extremely talented--he had great speed, agility, leaping ability. But he was a headcase. The massive chip on his shoulder worked against him, not for him, and made it too easy for opponents to take him out of the game mentally. If he didn't get the ball early, he just pouted and got sloppy.

Ah, how could I ever forget Mr. Sheppard. I had a run in with him about 10 years ago at the Shark club in Fairfax Va. He was with Brian Mitchell and tried to talk to one of the waitresses there who I had been seeing for a while from school. She was like this guy over there who says he plays for the skins tried to talk to me and get my number etc. Anyway she wasn't really impressed and while I'm talking to her Mr Sheppard gets up to go to the bathroom and stops to look me up and down like he's going to do something. I just thought it was funny because he felt the need to try and stare me down because I guess his manhood felt challenged. My friends still give me a hard time about that to this day lol.

Just goes to show you that no matter how much money you make or what your position in life is you can still have your insecurities.

GC

Archived