Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Patten Presently #2 WR on the Depth Chart?

talk show host

Hey everyone. I was browsing hailredskins.com earlier today and came across a thread regarding who would be the #2 receiver: Randel El, or Brandon Lloyd. I think all of us assumed the depth chart would look like this:

1. Moss

2. Lloyd / Randel El

3. Randel El / Lloyd

4. Patten

However, kieno is a respected knowledgable member at HR;someone who consistently provides inside info that turns out to be correct. I don't know the man personally, but he has a proven track record of being reliable.

And he said according to his source, DAVID PATTEN is currently the #2 receiver. We have all heard he has shown dramatic improvement and has had a really good camp, but I had no idea he had THAT good of a camp.

Let me reiterate that this is, of course, "unsubstantiated." And we all know what a player does in the offseason doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hell, how many offseasons have we heard Taylor Jacobs was the best receiver in camp? Then on game day, he doesn't do jack. So, take this as you will, but I thought it would be interesting to discuss here.

PS - I would have provided a link, but I don't know if that's "Kosher" or not.

I think its possible that he's listed at #2 because he's more familiar with the Qb's. But i can't see him starting over Lloyd or Randel El. Not to take anything away from Patten, but they didn't pay any one of those two guys that kind of money to be a #4 reciever.

If you are paraphrasing ..... then a link might not be needed.

If you are cut and pasting something from another source, a link is pretty much required.

From no source in particular, my friends or someone at the beach blitz, I understand that Patten spoke to Joe Gibbs after we signed ARE and Lloyd.

something like Hey, Mr. Gibbs, one question, Will you play the BEST player?

Joe Gibbs was purported as to say, YES.

And Patten has gone to work to be the best player, I've heard he's been having a fantastic camp, looking better than Moss.

So, no I'm not surprised by that report. I, like many, just hope the O line, and Mark can get the balls to all 4 of our wideouts.

It's looking like a great year.

I think GW summed it great, these guys are moving and playing great without the pads on. Patten may have excelled in minicamp, but it's just minicamp. Let's wait and see how training camp and preseason go with the pads and hits. It's just too early to judge.

i don't think it's really going to matter who is going to be the #2 WR, or the #1, #2, or #4 for that matter. Each one of our recievers is incredibly talented and I imagine that the redskins will rotate the recievers in and out pretty frequently. They will also probably be put on the field in all sorts of spots. You may see Moss at the Z position Lloyd at the X and randle el in the slot on one play and on the next see Moss in the slot, Patten at the Z and Randle El in X position. Who knows they might even line up Cooley at the Z position every once in awhile. So it doesn't really matter all that much, unless your playing Madden. But you can switch it up in Madden too so maybe it doesn't matter all that much anyways.

Patten won't be #2 thats a fact

Lloyd makes 3X what he makes

I believe Lavar kept the bench warm making at least 3X's the money that others playing in front of him were collecting. So I think its safe to say money is a non-factor, however I personally do not think it really matters who our #2 will be. I think its moss and everyone else. I bet other than Moss our receivers will be very very similar in stats by years end.

i don't think it's really going to matter who is going to be the #2 WR, or the #1, #2, or #4 for that matter. Each one of our recievers is incredibly talented and I imagine that the redskins will rotate the recievers in and out pretty frequently. They will also probably be put on the field in all sorts of spots. You may see Moss at the Z position Lloyd at the X and randle el in the slot on one play and on the next see Moss in the slot, Patten at the Z and Randle El in X position. Who knows they might even line up Cooley at the Z position every once in awhile. So it doesn't really matter all that much, unless your playing Madden. But you can switch it up in Madden too so maybe it doesn't matter all that much anyways.

Thats a great point. The recievers are going to be put into the situations that the coaches feel they can exploit the defense the most. With the amount of talent and tools we have, it's going to be really exciting to watch.

One thing is for certain the best players will be on the field. Regardless of how much money they make.

Mark Brunell - benched during 2004' season

LaVar Arrington - held out starting role due to poor practice performance

Sean Taylor - Listed behind Matt Bowen initially

Just some examples of players who were great but didn't get special priority simply because their salaries were higher.

My guess is if this rumor about Patten is true, you will see the competition at receiver excel and Saunders will utilize all of them toward their stregnths. Saunders stated that he uses many different packages on offense similar to how Greg Williams does on defense. So in essence, the depth chart wont matter because everyone will be used

There is no offical depth chart in the off season. So unless someone is feeding inside info from the coach's meeting rooms to someone who is in turn posting on a message board, there's no substance there. Or at least any reason for to take it as anything more than what the thread title says it is ... rumor. :)

Regardless of what slot he ends up in once camp starts and the depth chart is made public, that Patten seems to be back in the mix should surprise no one. He's an experienced veteran who seems to be taking up the challenge to compete for playing time on a talented receiving corps. That he was brought in by Gibbs in the first place indicates Gibbs sees something of value there.

I say let's celebrate the fact that it doesn't look like you can swing a dead cat these days out at Redskins Park without hitting a talented professional wide receiver. :)

Patten won't be #2 thats a fact

Lloyd makes 3X what he makes

LaVar Arrington, meet Warrick Holdman. Warrick, meet LaVar.

I think it's obvious this staff doesn't consider paychecks when starting players.

We all know that Patten can't possibly be the current #2 right now, though, because all the brainy kind of people in the press said he'd be cut after 6/1... :laugh:

Ahhhh I see now. So the depth chart goes by how much a player makes? :doh:

Not really, but it you can kinda see where Gibbs wants Lloyd to be since he thinks he's worth that much money. Just an example, Philip Rivers was thought to be making too much money on the bench, so he's starting now. Same thing with Carson Palmer and even Mark Brunell.

Let's just all hope that Brunell can actually find the #2 or #3 WR this year-we all assume it was the WR's fault for not getting open.

Let's hope we're right...

We had no viable WR option after Moss once Patten was put on IR. That's just a matter of fact.

Hey everyone. I was browsing hailredskins.com earlier today and came across a thread regarding who would be the #2 receiver: Randel El, or Brandon Lloyd. I think all of us assumed the depth chart would look like this:

1. Moss

2. Lloyd / Randel El

3. Randel El / Lloyd

4. Patten

However, kieno is a respected knowledgable member at HR;someone who consistently provides inside info that turns out to be correct. I don't know the man personally, but he has a proven track record of being reliable.

And he said according to his source, DAVID PATTEN is currently the #2 receiver. We have all heard he has shown dramatic improvement and has had a really good camp, but I had no idea he had THAT good of a camp.

Let me reiterate that this is, of course, "unsubstantiated." And we all know what a player does in the offseason doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hell, how many offseasons have we heard Taylor Jacobs was the best receiver in camp? Then on game day, he doesn't do jack. So, take this as you will, but I thought it would be interesting to discuss here.

PS - I would have provided a link, but I don't know if that's "Kosher" or not.

Patten had 222 yards in 9 games last season. That ****ing sucks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not really, but it you can kinda see where Gibbs wants Lloyd to be since he thinks he's worth that much money. Just an example, Philip Rivers was thought to be making too much money on the bench, so he's starting now. Same thing with Carson Palmer and even Mark Brunell.

You can't compare Philip Rivers to David Patten. Rivers was selected to be the future for the Chargers and it was decided he'd be ready. The Chargers knew Brees would want to start and make some coin, as well they were worried about his shoulder injury.

The same time, you can't put Daniels into the equation. He fought off 2-3 injuries in '04 and didn't play much, let alone start. He didn't become fully healthy until mid-season last year, but was much more effective once he was healthy, Griffin was back in the lineup, etcetera. No doubt that Coach Gibbs has high expectations from his two new WR's, but I don't think that means he's throwing Patten on the back burner. The depth chart at Redskins Park isn't based on pay.

The depth chart at Redskins Park isn't based on pay.

Definitely worth repeating. The Redskins coaches and players are not there to look good or be politically correct. They're here to win. The best players play. It's been said and shown to be true over and over again.

Archived