Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Survey about FedEx Field

HOF44

I received an e-mail yesterday with a survey to take about the game day experience at FedEx Field. I think its a great move by the skins and hope it pans out as win-win for the skins and the fans.

It was in regards to concession topics. Like what they sell in the stands and seeing if the fans want a greater variety. Also what we thought about the wait for concessions (to long). They also asked if we might like more premium food items. And seasonal food/drink items.

I really aprreciate the skins coming to the fans to try and make the gameday better.

I'm sure they already know how we feel about the Jumbotron. :laugh::laugh:

Asking about the concessions is a start. If you really want to make game-day at FedExField the best in the NFL, off the top of my head, how about

Giving Fed Ex their money back and calling it something like Redskin stadium

Stop with the commercials during TV timeouts already - I paid for my ticket

How about NOT raising my season ticket prices 35%

Not making me buy preseason tix like the prior owner did

Cheaper more plentiful parking would be nice

Taking down the huge chain link fence that impedes my access to the stadium from the blue lots

More port - a- pots in the parking lots please!

How about escalators that actually work

Take out some of those corporate hospitality tents and put the the NFL experience (a non-money maker, fan favorite) for kids back

Put the standing room areas back at either end of the stadium where the bars on the first level are

Allow outside vendors to sell pretzels, peanuts, etc at reduced prices on the grounds as a benefit to the fans like they used to at RFK

Stop allowing people to move up the season ticket waiting list ahead of others by buying into things like the Tailgate Club for $1500

Stop asking people on the waiting list pony up $100 just for the privilege of waiting for tickets

How about getting the tickets a little earlier than two weeks before the games start or collect my money a little later in the year than February

I love the Skins but the game day experience could definitely be improved a bit.

I have never really had concession problems. There are so many people trying to get beer and take a leak all at the same time I don't know what would help. I wonder how the new speed card thing will work out.

Wow. You must not go to other stadiums at all.

I have season tickets at Fedex, and I'll tell you I would spend an extra $40 bucks easy per game if the food was better. The only thing worth getting is the grilled sausage, but it takes like 30 minutes to get one - and half the time the credit card machine is down.

I don't even bother anymore because the lines are just too long.

When I go to philly, I'm making like three trips to the concession stands- for beer, pork sandwich, pretzel- whatever.

At Fedex I make zero. Maybe one before the game if I get in early enough. No way I'm waiting in line that long for friggin chicken strips. The food is just not good enough.

Snyder doesn't know all that much about the fan experience at the game, because the only thing Fedex has going for it is the Skins. And he loses a lot of my money as a result.

Stop asking people on the waiting list pony up $100 just for the privilege of waiting for tickets

I love the Skins but the game day experience could definitely be improved a bit.

I don't know about you, but the waitling list is free to sign up on.

Asking about the concessions is a start. If you really want to make game-day at FedExField the best in the NFL, off the top of my head, how about

Giving Fed Ex their money back and calling it something like Redskin stadium

Stop with the commercials during TV timeouts already - I paid for my ticket

How about NOT raising my season ticket prices 35%

Not making me buy preseason tix like the prior owner did

Cheaper more plentiful parking would be nice

Taking down the huge chain link fence that impedes my access to the stadium from the blue lots

More port - a- pots in the parking lots please!

How about escalators that actually work

Take out some of those corporate hospitality tents and put the the NFL experience (a non-money maker, fan favorite) for kids back

Put the standing room areas back at either end of the stadium where the bars on the first level are

Allow outside vendors to sell pretzels, peanuts, etc at reduced prices on the grounds as a benefit to the fans like they used to at RFK

Stop allowing people to move up the season ticket waiting list ahead of others by buying into things like the Tailgate Club for $1500

How about getting the tickets a little earlier than two weeks before the games start or collect my money a little later in the year than February

So you pretty much dont like sporting events then

Just make sure the team that plays on the field is very COMPETITIVE year in and year out....and I can deal with all the shortcomings that the stadium flaws, parking flaws, so called lacking gameday experience and corportate garbage.

Im there to watch the Redskins play football period.

What scared me was the first two questions: How often do you tailgate and how much do you spend on concessions. I'm sure they realize the answers to those two questions have an inverse relationship.

Will the results of that part of the survey encourage them to limit tailgating in some way?

What scared me was the first two questions: How often do you tailgate and how much do you spend on concessions. I'm sure they realize the answers to those two questions have an inverse relationship.

Will the results of that part of the survey encourage them to limit tailgating in some way?

Wow, I never thought of it that way..... I can see that nerd Synder right now trying to devise a plan where cars are checked prior to entering the stadium lots.... no beer will be allowed, but it will be sold for 15 bucks a pop in the parking lots.... no grills, no chairs, not even clothes... all of this must be bought at tents throughout the parking lots... and there will be an entrance fee into the tents... yeah, yeah...

Sad part is....... he would do this if he could.

If they somehow limited tailgating. I woud still refuse to buy any beer, or food in the stadium. The prices are ridiculous, especially for the draft beer.

I would just have a pre-game party at the house, OR go to a restaurant/bar and party there. Then have a non-drinker drive us all to the stadium, an hour or so before kickoff. I will not be dictated to on who's food and beer I'm going to eat and drink.

Y?? i love the fact we have the biggest crowd capacity in the nfl

FedEx is probably the worst gameday experience in the NFL. (As a note of comparison, I've been to six pro stadiums and probably 20 college stadiums. FedEx ranks last on the list out of all of them). And I think that everyone of the issues with FedEx is directly related to the size of the place.

It's too big for it's location, and the number of bodies in the place are too much for its infrastructure - bathrooms, concourses, concession stands, etc. A lot of teams that recently builty stadiums could easily sell 10,000 to 20,000 more seats a game (Steelers, Eagles). But they chose to keep the number more manageable.

70,000 to 75,000 is about the maximum amount a pro stadium can hold. A college stadium can be bigger because they are usually drawing from a student/local population that can walk to the game.

FedEx is simply too big. And it's not like the size of the place is causing the tickets to be cheaper.

If Danny wanted to give you a great experience. He could knock out 10,000 to 15,000 seats and use the space for better jumbotron, better scoreboard, more bathrooms, etc. And the parking and traffic problems would be greatly alleviated.

FedEx is probably the worst gameday experience in the NFL. (As a note of comparison' date=' I've been to six pro stadiums and probably 20 college stadiums. FedEx ranks last on the list out of all of them). And I think that everyone of the issues with FedEx is directly related to the size of the place.

It's too big for it's location, and the number of bodies in the place are too much for its infrastructure - bathrooms, concourses, concession stands, etc. A lot of teams that recently builty stadiums could easily sell 10,000 to 20,000 more seats a game (Steelers, Eagles). But they chose to keep the number more manageable.

70,000 to 75,000 is about the maximum amount a pro stadium can hold. A college stadium can be bigger because they are usually drawing from a student/local population that can walk to the game.

FedEx is simply too big. And it's not like the size of the place is causing the tickets to be cheaper.

If Danny wanted to give you a great experience. He could knock out 10,000 to 15,000 seats and use the space for better jumbotron, better scoreboard, more bathrooms, etc. And the parking and traffic problems would be greatly alleviated.[/quote']

Only problem here is that if the stadium only held 70,000 people I would still be on the waiting list...and would be there for a really long time.

Also I was born and raised in Philly and I seriously doubt their ability to sell 90,000 tickets year in and year out. When the Eagles were bad while I was growing up there were always tickets available and a couple games a year were threatened to be blacked out. It's only since they have had a good team that the tickets became hard to get. Don't get me wrong, the eagles are supported well in Philly, but if they had 90,000 seats there would be plenty of blackouts in philly over the longhaul.

I don't have season tickets (obviously I live in SC) but how come no one realizes that the reason they sell $15 beer is to make MONEY. It's all about the MONEY in the U.S. I never buy beer at games, because 1) I'd spend more time in the bathroom and 2) I can by a 12 pack and take it home for the price of 1 beer at a stadium. Anyone who buys food and drinks at stadiums is a sucker. Eat before you go in.

I don't have season tickets (obviously I live in SC) but how come no one realizes that the reason they sell $15 beer is to make MONEY. It's all about the MONEY in the U.S. I never buy beer at games, because 1) I'd spend more time in the bathroom and 2) I can by a 12 pack and take it home for the price of 1 beer at a stadium. Anyone who buys food and drinks at stadiums is a sucker. Eat before you go in.

I completely agree with you..... but once I have a few beers, I can't help myself but have a few during the game...

Archived