Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Crew Ranking Top Rush D Tonight...

SMOSS89

I can see us being between 10 and 15. Griffin seems to be well liked in the media. The only thing that might hurt is the fact that we have no WLB and Carter isn't strong against the run. AA should be an upgrade in the rush d. I am kinda surprised about the pass d ranking though, I didn't think we'd get that high...

We should be top 5 rush D IMO.

And you know what they say - the best defense is a good offense, and we should be vastly improved on offense this season. Keep our defense fresh and chomping at the bit.

:logo:

right or wrong....we will be hit for losing arrington. recall that salsberry steak predicted a pro bowl year for arrington this upcoming season.....

Not at all...they know he did not play much at all last year and it did not affect us in pass d. I would be suprised if we are not top 5.

Not at all...they know he did not play much at all last year and it did not affect us in pass d. I would be suprised if we are not top 5.

The media outside the beltway are always commenting on the loss of LaVar Arrington as such a huge factor. Although WE know it's not a big deal, they take that into account when rating the Skins. Because of this and some big runs we gave up last year we probably will be ranked in the top 10 at best by ESPN because of Greg Williams.

Wow! That is a shocker. I'd at least put the Skins top 10.

But this category is crazy because how do you have the Jaguars at #12 when they have the best set of run stopping Defensive Tackles in the business? Cardinals #10?? Cowboys # 11??? This one takes the cake...

The Charges are NOT the #1 rushing defense in the leage! In front of the steelers,Bears, and Ravens? C'mon! :doh:

14? Jeez. Thats tough. I thought our run defense was nasty after the Chargers game where LT dominated us. And now we have Arch in there too. I don't know. Just can't wait for the season to start, who cares about what they think. Let's go.

But this category is crazy because how do you have the Jaguars at #12 when they have the best set of run stopping Defensive Tackles in the business? Cardinals #10?? Cowboys # 11??? This one takes the cake...

The Charges are NOT the #1 rushing defense in the leage! In front of the steelers,Bears, and Ravens? C'mon! :doh:

Sad thing is we wont get any reasons as to why we are at 14, since we arent in the top 10.

Um, if I'm not mistaken the Chargers statistically did have the best rush D last year and they have been an EXCELLENT run stopping defense for a few years now. I would definitely put them on the top of this list, it's their pass defense that stinks. The Bears, like most Cover 2 defenses, will give up running yards if you consistenly pound them all game with a good rushing attack. Those smaller, one gap penetrating lineman wear down after a while.

Archived