Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snipers Kill Insurgent, Recover Marine Sniper Rifle

prophet

Sniper Section Four was in a hide when the spotter observed a military-aged male inside a nearby parked car videotaping a passing patrol of amphibious assault vehicles. The Marines saw a rifle stock by the insurgent’s side.

“We were in the right place at the right time,” said Sgt. Kevin Homestead an infantryman from K Company serving as a spotter for the sniper team that day.

They first radioed the passing Marines and told them they were being watched by an enemy sniper and to stay low. The insurgent then sealed his own fate by preparing the weapon. The 21-year-old Marine sniper, who declined to be interviewed – aimed in at the gunman’s head behind the rear-side window.

He recited a mantra in his head. Breathe, relax, aim, squeeze, surprise.

The enemy sniper died with the gun in his lap.

Welcome to hell *****

Good job devil dogs.

*edit* Carlos "Whitefeather" Hath**** would be proud.

Hath****'s career as a sniper came to a sudden end outside Khe Sanh in 1969, when the amphibious tractor he was riding on struck an anti-tank mine. Hath**** pulled seven Marines off the flame-engulfed vehicle before jumping to safety. As was his way, he rejected any commendation for his bravery. He came out of the attack with severe burns over ninety percent of his body, forty nine percent of which were third-degree burns. He was evacuated to Brooke Army Medical Center in Texas, where he underwent 13 skin graft operations. The nature of the injuries left him unable to perform effectively in combat with a rifle.

Said Hat****, in his book, of his career as a sniper: "I like shooting, and I love hunting. But I never did enjoy killing anybody. It's my job. If I don't get those ****s, then they're gonna kill a lof of these kids we got dressed up like Marines. That's the way I look at it."

Unfortunately, the media will probably spin this to undoubtedly focus on the Iraqi soldiers' orphan child or widowed wife and how he was "a caring father/husband" before the "infidels" invaded his country......

I say: Good shot! ...and a healthy Ooorah!!! to the Corps.

Unfortunately, the media will probably spin this to undoubtedly focus on the Iraqi soldiers' orphan child or widowed wife and how he was "a caring father/husband" before the "infidels" invaded his country......

I say: Good shot! ...and a healthy Ooorah!!! to the Corps.

I am on your side. However I do not see any reason to suspect that the media will spin it in the way you predict. I think that comment here only serves to deflect the tone of this thread...there will undoubtedly be posters now that turn this into a "media bias" thread, when we should try to keep the focus where it should be...NICE SHOT...GOOD WORK

..Unfortunately, the media will probably spin this to undoubtedly focus on the Iraqi soldiers' orphan child or widowed wife ..QUOTE]
I am on your side. However I do not see any reason to suspect that the media will spin it in the way you predict..

Well, I dont even think that we will see this in the media. It happened nearly 2 weeks ago, and prophet pulled it off of a military site. I dont think the media will see any reason to report it. :rolleyes:

Nice Shot, Marine... :D

I keep remembering the only scene I've ever seen from the movie MacArthur

It's Mac's "Return to the Philipenes". The scene is a jungle clearing. Soldiers running from cover to cover. Gunfire. Shells going off. Burning or ruined military vehicles scattered about.

A young corporal looks up, and sees: MacArthur. Corn cob pipe. Khakis. "Scrambled Eggs" hat. Sunglasses. Marching determidedly accross the clearing, with no attempt at taking cover.

Corporal quickly runs (while crouched) to the General. "Uh, sir? General? Um, are you certain you ought to be out here, sir? In the open? I mean, uh, sir? Uh, we killed a Japanese sniper here, sir, not five minutes ago."

Mac walks right past him. "Excellant, son, that's exactly what you should do with 'em."

Per the Marine Corps motto of "one shot, one kill." I love it. The thing I love most about it isn't necessarily the shot itself, but how the sniper teams got themselves into position to anticipate someone doing recon on our forces. It's absolutely the most effective use of force IMO, and I've felt for a long time that this is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing, but I've never known how possible/feasible it would be. Apparently it's feasible!

Archived