Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This wet weather may soon have a name

Skins24

This system has been pushing up moisture all weekend (along with a stalled out front)

It looks like it's finally becoming a bit organized...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATWOAT+shtml/271501.shtml

SATELLITE AND RADAR INFORMATION CONTINUE TO INDICATE THAT A SMALL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM COULD BE FORMING ABOUT 140 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF CAPE LOOKOUT NORTH CAROLINA. THIS SYSTEM HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED TODAY... AND POTENTIAL REMAINS FOR IT TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION OR A TROPICAL STORM AT ANY TIME AS THE SYSTEM MOVES NORTH TO NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT ABOUT 20 MPH. AN AIR FORCE RESERVE RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT IS ENROUTE TO INVESTIGATE THE SYSTEM LATER THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON TO DETERMINE IF A CLOSED CIRCULATION EXISTS AT THE SURFACE. RESIDENTS ALONG THE NORTH CAROLINA AND VIRGINIA COASTS SHOULD CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM TODAY AS TROPICAL STORM WARNINGS COULD BE REQUIRED.

EVEN IF THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT FORM INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE...

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND

STRONG GUSTY WINDS WILL GRADUALLY SPREAD ONSHORE THE NORTH CAROLINA AND VIRGINIA COASTS TODAY AND TONIGHT. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA... PLEASE CONSULT PRODUCTS ISSUED BY YOUR LOCAL NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE.

isvreast.jpg

we are getting the rains from a tropical storm just without the wind

however this is a very bad sign for the rest of the hurricane season and the prediction of NY getting hit by a hurricane is realistic, since it seems nothing is stopping the moisture to form this far up north

we are getting the rains from a tropical storm just without the wind

however this is a very bad sign for the rest of the hurricane season and the prediction of NY getting hit by a hurricane is realistic, since it seems nothing is stopping the moisture to form this far up north

won't be long before you folks up north start talking more about GW

I can't believe how much rain the mid-Atlantic is getting. I lived in the DC area for the first 30 years of my life and never remember anything close to this nonsense.

you weren't in nova for hurricane agnes, commercial roofs were caving in from the rain,or being blown off

That was 1972 right? I was there, but only 3 years old. So have no memory of it directly.

it was pretty wicked, I was standing on Chain Bridge (my neighborhood) which was closed because the river had risen 75' and was inches below the bridge as well as spanning all the way accross to canal road in DC (tripled it's width)

Hmm- my wife and I are closing on a house on Friday. Perhaps I should swing by there to see how the place is being affected by this moisture...

Congrats! My wife and I close on our first house on Thursday. :cheers:

BTW - she did the walk-through today - no water in the basement. :whew:

Archived