Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who is the fastest

bigred23975

The current poll on Redskins.com is a similar question. Out of 12,000+ votes, Santana Moss has 80+% of the vote. So I would guess Santana Moss

FB's: I looked around and couldn't find any info on Sellers. He is tough, he is listed as weighing as much as 278 now. Nemo and White were listed around 4.64 in the 40.

i am a fullback i was just wandering what kind of speed he had

he's not fast (Sellers I guess is that who you mean?)

But why do tanks need any type of speed?

If you are a fullback then beef up, learn how to block, and stop tryin' to be fast, b/c your basically a linebacker that can't tackle and pursue if you're a fast fullback that can't run block and protect...ha ha just joking :)

Does that help your question?

Well I'm sorry I wasn't any help :cheers:

HTTR!

Moss is the fastest WR.

I'll probably get some flack on this board for saying this, but haven't people said that Jacobs is actually the fastest out there? I remember one play in particular where Moss caught a screen pass and was racing down field and Jacobs ran passed the defenders and caught up to Moss, similiar to how D. Green caught Dorsett back in the day.

I'll probably get some flack on this board for saying this, but haven't people said that Jacobs is actually the fastest out there? I remember one play in particular where Moss caught a screen pass and was racing down field and Jacobs ran passed the defenders and caught up to Moss, similiar to how D. Green caught Dorsett back in the day.

SF Game IIRC. I think Jacobs is the fastest or they are pretty close.

Fastest is probably Moss at WR. The numbers may say lumsden at rb, but CP is fast... FB has to be rock, since he's listed there... Lloyd and ARE are very quick as well though.

Yeah numbers wise, straight ahead speed it would be Jesse at RB....but Portis has to be close when you consider lateral movement.

I'd say Moss is definitely the quickest, I don't know if Jacobs is faster though.

They are very close, so is Portis to Lumsden.

Hm, that might not be an objective measure. Jacobs is very fast, but how many times did you see him run a fly along the sideline, trying to get under an overthrown deep ball, only to have the opposing DB right in his pocket the entire time? I saw this 5-6 times last season after Patten went down.

Conversely, how many times did you see Moss get that pure deep separation from a defender, that gradual burn past a guy who's running as fast as he can? He got it on Aaron Glenn 3 times in Week 2 & once in Week 16, on Brian Kelly, Will Allen, Shawntae Spencer, etc, etc.

On that KC screen pass TD, Moss was by everyone and knew it, while Jacobs was in a full sprint almost the whole way. In the 2nd Giants game, Robert Royal is running at roughly the same speed as Moss at the end of the 72 yarder on Allen. Are you going to tell me Robert Royal is as fast as Moss, too?

There's track fast, there's practice fast, there's even game fast. Then there's mad-crazy fast. Moss runs like goddamn Hermes out there. Opponents and teammates alike frequently expressed awe at how fast Moss runs in-game. No one every says that about TJ. Maybe that means something.

Jacobs definitly has the fastest top speed, I just did some research and he ran a 20.59 in the 200m while at UF. For a little comparison of how good that is here is the start list from last weekend's USATF nationals meet.

Heat 1 Semis

1 442 Trell Kimmons adidas 20.84

2 401 Mark Jelks Nike 21.12

3 867 Jeremy Wariner adidas 20.28

4 643 Preston Perry unattached 21.28

5 52 Chris Berrian unattached 21.19

6 519 Rodney Martin Nike 20.34

7 902 Rubin Williams unattached 20.52

8 150 Michael Cooley Alabama 21.47

Heat 2 Semis

1 197 Leroy Dixon South Carolina 20.88

2 528 Otis McDaniel T C U 21.07