Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do You Usually Have For Breakfast?

visionary

I was making breafast a few minutes ago and I wondered if anyone had posted a thread on this. I searched back over a year and a bit more (through the search featrure) and couldn't find a thread so I'm starting one.

I usually end up eating Eggo Waffles (mostly the flavored kind) and if not that I have cold cereal with milk, (usually the cereal has some sort of fruit in it, either that it comes with or on rare occasions if not, that I add), or hot oatmeal mostly the fruit and cream ones from Quaker or Giant (though I like the other flavored ones too)

To drink I used to drink orange juice with calcium, lately though I just drink water or water and cranberry juice.

How about you folks?

Usually - Frosted Flakes and O.J.; sometimes its a Honey Bun and O.J.

Everyday would be perfect if it was 'usually' started at Cracker Barrel. Hmmmm.... Cracker Barrel. :drool:

I went there for the first time last weekend on my drive to North Carolina mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is right. Needless to say my mother bought a house in N.C. and I will be stopping by crackerbarrell every trip :notworthy

I went there for the first time last weekend on my drive to North Carolina mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is right. Needless to say my mother bought a house in N.C. and I will be stopping by crackerbarrell every trip :notworthy

Plus - you get to listen to bluegrass and sit in rocking chairs while you wait. Cracker Barrel may very likely be heaven on Earth. :thumbsup:

I usually eat breakfast at work, and always the same thing; Celery and carrots with a little bit of ranch dressing, and 2 hardboiled eggs (with the yolks removed, of course ;) ), and a half pint of skim milk. Pretty lame, but for some reason it gives me a good energy boost.

Egg beaters just about every day.

With whatever veggies we had for dinner lat night.

I work from my home so I have the luxury of cooking myself a good breakfast every morning. I also do Egg beaters although not necessarily the brand name. I found that the generic brands, Publix in particular, cook better and have a better consistency. I add onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and a protein such as chicken or shrimp and a couple of pieces of Arnold wheat toast. That's every morning.

When I make a breakfast, which is usually on the weekends, I make scrambled eggs (with a dash of oregano), fried potatoes (microwaved to cook, fried in oil, then I add garlic, Lowry's salt, and paprika), refried beans with sour cream, and buttered toast. My taters are pretty darn good, and my gf loves them, which is always a nice bonus in the AM on a weekend.

This is probably my favorite breakfast of all time.

In the weekday, I sometimes just nuke an egg and throw it on some toast with catsup, for a quick meal.

When I make a breakfast, which is usually on the weekends, I make scrambled eggs (with a dash of oregano), fried potatoes (microwaved to cook, fried in oil, then I add garlic, Lowry's salt, and paprika), refried beans with sour cream, and buttered toast. My taters are pretty darn good, and my gf loves them, which is always a nice bonus in the AM on a weekend.

This is probably my favorite breakfast of all time.

In the weekday, I sometimes just nuke an egg and throw it on some toast with catsup, for a quick meal.

Baculus,

Since your touting your taters, can you give more specifics on the recipe? I'm not quite as healthy on weekends and usually have real eggs, chorizo or sausage and cook the Simply Potatoes bags. Would love to try your recipe.

Baculus,

Since your touting your taters, can you give more specifics on the recipe? I'm not quite as healthy on weekends and usually have real eggs, chorizo or sausage and cook the Simply Potatoes bags. Would love to try your recipe.

I do something along similar lines as his. I nuke the potatoes for 5 minutes or so (depends on how big they are and how soft you want them to be). You can microwave them longer and it won't take quite as long to fry them. Cube them (this can be done before nuking) and then toss them into a skillet on medium heat. Season them to taste, and don't stir them too often, or they won't brown and crisp up. (Of course, if you leave them too long they burn. It's not too hard to get the hang of it.)

As far as seasoning, I usually throw a clove of garlic (minced or crushed, not whole) or two in with them, salt, pepper, and sometimes Emeril's Essence. If I'm particularly mad at my arteries I'll sprinkle in plenty of shredded cheddar and crumble some bacon over them after I turn them out of the pan.

I do something along similar lines as his. I nuke the potatoes for 5 minutes or so (depends on how big they are and how soft you want them to be). You can microwave them longer and it won't take quite as long to fry them. Cube them (this can be done before nuking) and then toss them into a skillet on medium heat. Season them to taste, and don't stir them too often, or they won't brown and crisp up. (Of course, if you leave them too long they burn. It's not too hard to get the hang of it.)

As far as seasoning, I usually throw a clove or garlic or two in with them, salt, pepper, and sometimes Emeril's Essence. If I'm particularly mad at my arteries I'll sprinkle in plenty of shredded cheddar and crumble some bacon over them after I turn them out of the pan.

I used to work for a place that made food bases (usually soups for hotel's). We had a red chilli pepper base - i would add a teaspoon of it to my potatoes and they would burst with flavor. :drool:

Archived