Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports athletics make better role models then celebrities

If I were to choose from the two, I'd have to say sports. Joe Gibbs is a role model of mine. However, it really depends on where your aspirations lie. People wanting to be actors, will choose actors. People wanting to be athletes, choose athletes. Both groups of people have their share of excellent role models as well as bad influences.

Which kids actully look at their parents as role models unless your dad is like denzel washington.

If your dad wasnt an abusive ****, your gonna really regret that statement. I know, cause I have alot of regret about not being close to my dad. My dad wanted the best for me to a fault, and I wanted nothing to do with him cause I was doing my own thing.

When he died it really hit me hard, cause his death wasnt expected and also I never let him know what he meant to me.

What Im saying is it may be cool to distance yourself from your parents, just dont make my mistake and go the extreme if they dont deserve it. Cause you will carry that with you with every breath.

If your dad wasnt an abusive ****, your gonna really regret that statement. I know, cause I have alot of regret about not being close to my dad. My dad wanted the best for me to a fault, and I wanted nothing to do with him cause I was doing my own thing.

When he died it really hit me hard, cause his death wasnt expected and also I never let him know what he meant to me.

What Im saying is it may be cool to distance yourself from your parents, just dont make my mistake and go the extreme if they dont deserve it. Cause you will carry that with you with every breath.

Ummm, I'd like to add to this . . . :applause:

You hear that parents???

That's what kids think about the job you have been doing with them.

There is certainly room for improvement in some parenting skills,However ;)

A wise old man told me parents somehow get smarter as you get older.

Thanks Dad, perhaps I should have listened while you were alive. :cheers:

I don't look up to anybody just because of what they do for a living. I prefer to strive to emmulate somebody i actually know, instead of someone who is only in my life for entertainment reasons. My dad is a good enough role model for me. He taught me work ethics, family, and every life lesson I know. Michael Jordan hasn't ever been around to give me any advice, and that's why I like Charles "don't call me a role model" Barkley. :2cents:

Which kids actully look at their parents as role models unless your dad is like denzel washington.

What are the qualities you admire in Denzel Washington? I'm asking that as a serious question.

And yes, I do look up to my father. He's maintained a loving marriage (along with the help of my mom of course) for almost 35 years, served our country in the Navy, put three kids through college, supported me in everything I do, and never once complained about any of it.

There is certainly room for improvement in some parenting skills,However ;)

A wise old man told me parents somehow get smarter as you get older.

Thanks Dad, perhaps I should have listened while you were alive. :cheers:

Not all parents are the same.

Not all parents get smarter as they get older.

Some just drink more, get fatter, and care less.

Sounds like several on this board the way people talk about drinking with a passion.

How about those of us whose parents didn't allow athletes, movie stars, politicians or other "celebrities" to have any real impact on our lives growing up. The whole idea that I should be drinking a certain soda because Roger Clemens endorsed it, or that I had to have a certain type of clothes because some actor wore them didn't fly in the household I grew up in. Regardless of what the other kids at school thought was cool and what wasn't.

Archived