Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup Officials Strike Again!

Fergasun

They completely screwed Korea of having any chance of advancing... my wife is devastated (but still alive). She didn't even watch the rest of the match after that she was so pissed...

Kilmer, I hope you're able to enjoy the rest of the matches... don't put too much faith in your teams to advance.

Yeah... as in any game the other team gets some credit, but I think that 2nd goal really hurt. Not even sure if they'd advance anyway due to Goal Differential.

I'll be rooting for the Swiss as their goaltender played very well... adding them to my list of teams I want to win...

Refs suck. That is why I can't take the WC too seriously. The winner is either the host country or Brazil.

I'm a club over country person. In soccer, DC United is all that really matters.

Oh, and fire Bruce Arena! How could he play one forward when we need a win to stay alive?

I knew you would start a thread on this when I saw that play ...

That call beats anything that happenned to the U.S. during the World Cup. Overruling an offsides call and allowing a goal to be scored after the defenders stop running is one of the craziest things I've ever seen happen - especially in the last 15 minutes of a game where the teams are facing elimination.

You could tell all the players were just completely deflated after that call ... as were the fans. Korea would've needed two goals to advance, but that was a sad way to end it.

DjTj,

Yeah. We are completely enjoying the tournament, and it is more fun for us to watch other teams play. Like any game where the officials have an impact, it's hard to take away from the other team. The Swiss goaltender was amazing... Korea played better offensively than they had against France. There were a few plays that could've been called handball on Swiss as well... technically, but I don't think the ref wanted to give penalty kicks.

Ukraine also beat Saudi Arabia on a BS foul for a penalty kick. The Ukraine player stepped over his own feet.

I know a lot of Americans who complain about soccer... they should be introduced to AUSSIE RULES! But I'm able to enjoy the sport... even if I think a valid strategy is to attack, take dive, and hope for a good set play or corner.

Sweden got the screw too, Lucic of Sweden got 2 BS yellows and got tossed out of the game. Sweden was already down 2-0 and neither call deserved a yellow. Garbage reffing going on in the WC.

I agree with you especially the second yellow. That was barely a foul. The German player did a little bit of acting. The refs just have to let things go sometimes and don't disrupt the game.

Archived