Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walk and Talk with LaVar on NFL.com

sorry if it's old or been posted, but just giving a heads up. There's a little interview with LaVar on NFL.com (left side), he talks about 'Skins fans and whatnot. Basically stuff we've all heard from LaVar before:gaintsuck

Y eah... saw that last night. My favorite part was when he was asked: "How do you think skins fans will welcome you when you come down to face them". He said he didn't know!... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lavar come on now! you know your butt will be boo'd all the way back to New York!!

I think people need to give him a little more credit as a person, but a lot more as a player. Granted, in a GW style defense things didn't seem to work out too well, but nobody can deny the fact that he has the chance for a pro-bowl season in NY. But as a person, I truely believe he is much more sincere than people think.

Screw lavar I could care less if he blew out both knees and crying on the sidelines. He is the enemy now. He wears a different color jersey and he made sure he stayed in NFCE so he could play us twice a year :pooh: on him and the giants. So sick of the victim mentality that he portrays.

I was his biggest fan and I will admit that him leaving the way he did to go play for the gstrings was a spit in my face. I will boo his arss till I lose my voice when he comes here.

:gaintsuck

Give Lavar the credit he deserves. For a long time he was the only thing we had going for us. He gave us all he had, good plays, exciting hits and a few gaffs but he was committed to the Skins and not the money.

Why does Lavar get a bad rap anyway, he did not hold a gun to Snyder's head and force a new contract.

Yes, it is true that after the injury he was not the player he was but as any true blooded football fan knows, it takes almost 2 yrs for a player to come back from a serious knee injury. In the Giant's scheme, Lavar will return to the exciting player he was and everyone here that bashed him will regret that we just let him walk away, yeah right...he was essentially forced out.

No one says anything about S. Taylor being out of position time and time again or the fact that Samuels struggles against any moderate to elite pass rushing DE. Keep it real, if you are going to bash a player for not performing up to your expectations, make sure you carry that attitude towards the rest of the team.

Give Lavar the credit he deserves. For a long time he was the only thing we had going for us. He gave us all he had, good plays, exciting hits and a few gaffs but he was committed to the Skins and not the money.

Why does Lavar get a bad rap anyway, he did not hold a gun to Snyder's head and force a new contract.

Yes, it is true that after the injury he was not the player he was but as any true blooded football fan knows, it takes almost 2 yrs for a player to come back from a serious knee injury. In the Giant's scheme, Lavar will return to the exciting player he was and everyone here that bashed him will regret that we just let him walk away, yeah right...he was essentially forced out.

No one says anything about S. Taylor being out of position time and time again or the fact that Samuels struggles against any moderate to elite pass rushing DE. Keep it real, if you are going to bash a player for not performing up to your expectations, make sure you carry that attitude towards the rest of the team.

Lavar is that you? Hey how is your house on the water front? Not about the money huh? I take 11 ST's all day over Lavar.

Lavar is that you? Hey how is your house on the water front? Not about the money huh? I take 11 ST's all day over Lavar.

Just the simple minded thinking I would expect. Read the comment and make an educated and intelligent response.

I was not saying that S. Taylor isn't a hell of a player, because he is. What I was stating was everyone makes mistakes but people tend to single out who they want to and that my friend is exactly what the Redskins' coaches did and you just did.

I like S. Taylor but it was not Lavar that went after somone with a gun but if you like that player, all sins are forgiven, right?

I won't boo Lavar.

He still loved the fans. whatever happened was between him and mgmt.

I won't cheer, but I won't boo him.

Stephen Davis used to get cheered when he came back.

Yeah, but Davis had the common decency to leave our division. I may be able to forgive LA after he retires - but i will boo him unmercifully while he plays for anybody in our division. :mad:

Just the simple minded thinking I would expect. Read the comment and make an educated and intelligent response.

I was not saying that S. Taylor isn't a hell of a player, because he is. What I was stating was everyone makes mistakes but people tend to single out who they want to and that my friend is exactly what the Redskins' coaches did and you just did.

I like S. Taylor but it was not Lavar that went after somone with a gun but if you like that player, all sins are forgiven, right?

I guess when Lavar makes a huge play against the Skins you are going to stand up and cheer??? Get real, so I guess you are right and Lavar is right but our FO was wrong. He is a b@#$# when he doesnt get what he wants. Remember the article that came out the week we were going to the playoffs.. Remember what JG said regarding that article?!! "No one in the right mind should be focused on anything else but our next game" You can ride on his jock all you want, but he went from being a Redskins for life to all the sudden I want to make Redskins pay and became a giant. To me all he did in the past is wiped out by his current actions. And about being simple minded, :finger: right back at you.

I don't hate Lavar at all. Things didn't work out for him and this coaching staff and none of us knows just what the hell happened. The relationship soured - it happens in business all the time during changes at the top.

But... he's a giant. On sundays he's no friend to me. I want him pancaked and would love him to guess wrong and allow Portis to go for a 99 yard score.

I won't boo Lavar.

He still loved the fans. whatever happened was between him and mgmt.

I won't cheer, but I won't boo him.

Stephen Davis used to get cheered when he came back.

And rightfully so because Davis was a lunchpail worker who gave everything for the Skins and got screwed by Spurrier. I'm still a little upset we let him go.

As far as Lavar, he just didn't fit here. Personally, I think he's a funny guy and he has an interesting personality, however, whether because of relationship with management or otherwise, he was not a team first guy his last two years here. He told emotionally driven fibs to the press and disrespected our coaching staff. I don't doubt that he'll do well in NY, it may have just been a change of scenery thing, but the things he said and the way he acted about the TEAM (not the fans) didn't go over well with me. Therefore, and because he went to a rival, I will boo the living **** out him when he comes to FedEx. I was a big fan of his but the things he said and did and the way he handled himself the last two years really changed my perception of him as a Redskin.

I heard that Lavar bites the heads off puppies and likes to trip old ladies at supermarkets. I met him once though, when he hired me to take lurid photos of him on his yacht, and he said it wasn't true. He said, in fact, that he bites the heads off old ladies and trips puppies at parks.

"I heard that Lavar bites the heads off puppies and likes to trip old ladies at supermarkets. I met him once though, when he hired me to take lurid photos of him on his yacht, and he said it wasn't true. He said, in fact, that he bites the heads off old ladies and trips puppies at parks."

oh yea....well...once.....at band camp.....I heard that he stalked GW for months and followed Lindsey's wife in the mall just so he could peer up her dress when she rode the escalator. not only that - I heard he bribed reporters and teammates to affirm his make-believe community service activities. what a scoundrel! not half the man/citizen so many on this board are!

My hatred for him has nothing to do with anything that happened while he was here - but as soon as the p.o.s. signed with a divisional rivial he became an enemy and a traitor. :mad:

I think people need to give him a little more credit as a person, but a lot more as a player. Granted, in a GW style defense things didn't seem to work out too well, but nobody can deny the fact that he has the chance for a pro-bowl season in NY. But as a person, I truely believe he is much more sincere than people think.

He probably is, but folks just want to hate on people for no real good reason. I think the stuff he said on there was real. It almost seems like he really wishes he was still here. The funny thing is, I get that feeling everytime I hear him talk about the skins. One thing for sure, the fans aren't the ones he has a problem with.

I really think he would like to go over and tackle GW, and Snyder!!!

Plain and simple he is a Giant now. He plays for the Giants and I will boo him till by voice gives out when we play. "I love the fans" - give me a break, if he even cared one :2cents: about us he wouldn't have signed in the East. It was $$ and it was personal for him - now we are going to have to treat him like a little *****.

What the heck did LaVar do here that is worth defending? Up until last year, we didn't have a single winning season with him on the roster. This single fact is why certain "all-pros" and potential "all-pros" were made expendable (Bailey, Smoot, Pierce, Arrington, Coles, Gardner, etc...). These guys can help winning teams do slightly better, but they can't be leaders and add positive character to a losing team. When LaVar comes around, I'll be in the stands booing. He couldn't stop the team from losing, and couldn't accept the team winning.

Archived