Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The movie waist deep

Is that the movie where the excon with two strikes who talk about not getting a third decides the best course of action to save his son is robbing banks? ... and directed by the guy that brought us Glitter no less.

um... no thanks.

If you want a Guy and his bad girl with a heart of gold violent movie watch True Romance instead.

If you want a Guy and his bad girl with a heart of gold violent movie watch True Romance instead.

Racist! :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm not seeing this movie. What the ___ is with "The Game's" eye in those previews. I'm honestly frightened of a musclebound dude with an effed up eye.

I will say this about Tyrese (who can't seem to make up his mind between music and movies)--he was actually pretty good in Baby Boy. Baby Boy was not a "good movie" but it was fun to watch. One thing I noticed is that I guess I like the humor in Singleton's flicks, or maybe more broadly, "hood humor." Even the serious lines become kinda funny.

"You know what I see when I look at you?! A scared, little chocolate *****! THATS WHAT I SEE! And if we was in the joint I'd make you get on your knees and fix it."

:laugh:

Huh? This is not a "gangster movie". If you want to watch a gangster movie, watch "The Godfather".

it wont be then cuz u will probably only gunna watch it once and in theaters its like 9 bucks tops plus its really big scree but on DVD its 20 if u buy it

:whoknows:

it wont be then cuz u will probably only gunna watch it once and in theaters its like 9 bucks tops plus its really big scree but on DVD its 20 if u buy it

:whoknows: Huh? Both The Godfather and Waist Deep would be the same price if you rented or bought them. The Godfather was made 34 years ago. It isn't on the big screen anymore. Waist Deep is in theaters, but it will be on DVD soon. Why bother seeing a stone cold lock of a crap movie (Waist Deep) on the big screen for 7-10 bucks when you could just rent it and watch it in the comfort of your own home? I honestly don't know what I'm talking about, because I'm not quite sure I understand what I'm replying to. Please just ignore me, I'm rambling. :doh:

That said, Waist Deep sure as hell ISN'T a gangster movie. As others have said, check out The Godfather, Goodfellas, or Scarface and don't waste your money on a cliched Tyrese vehicle. :2cents:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it, it was disappointing in terms of realism. It was not believable. But I like the Game's music and the chick that Tyrese was with was pretty hot.

I would rather watch a more realistic gang-related flick. Something like Blood in Blood out or American me, even Colors. Something that is realistic. If you live in California, you know that the streets ARE NOT like they are portrayed in movies such as waist deep. An ex-con with 2 strikes is not handed a gun, doesn't have a fancy car, or get a hot girlfriend the second he is released. Let alone kill people in broad daylight and rob banks.

On a lighter note, I found it kind of funny how they decided to cover up game's butterfly tattoo to make him look hard. Was it just a coincidence that they covered it up? I think not.

Haven't we seen this movie about 1 million times? Tyrese is OK but enough is enough with him as the boy in the hood.

Yeah, its the same story, different title. Plus, don't all of these "thug" movies give African Americans a bad rap and influence stereotypes on them negatively?

Archived