Breaking News: Muslims Busted in plot to blow up Sears Tower

nelms

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13491653/

FBI arrests 7 in Miami terrorism-related search

Investigators claim men conspired to attack Sears Tower

BREAKING NEWS

NBC News and news services

Updated: 8:46 p.m. ET June 22, 2006

MIAMI - Federal law-enforcement sources tell NBC News that the FBI has arrested seven men here as part of an ongoing terrorism operation.

The men — part of a radical Black Muslim group — were planning terror acts in Miami and Chicago, the officials say. The planned targets were the Sears Tower in Chicago and a federal building in Miami.

An official told The Associated Press the alleged plotters were mainly Americans with no apparent ties to al-Qaida or other foreign terrorist organizations. He spoke on condition of anonymity so as not to pre-empt news conferences planned for Friday in Washington and Miami.

‘No imminent threat’

An FBI informant infiltrated the group, the sources say, neutralizing the threat. They say it's not clear how much damage the group would have done on its own. They were making plans to purchase bomb-making materials, the officials add.

Indictments against the men will be unsealed Friday for charges including an attempt to "maliciously damage or destroy" property "by means of an explosive," a source added. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is scheduled to hold a news conference Friday to discuss the raid. A simultaneous news conference will be held in Miami.

U.S. Attorney R. Alexander Acosta said in a statement that more details about the ongoing operation would be released Friday.

Local media reported that agents were raiding a warehouse in Miami's traditionally poor Liberty City section.

"There is no imminent threat to Miami or any other area because of these operations," said Richard Kolko, spokesman for FBI headquarters in Washington. He declined further comment.

‘Blocking the streets’

Cedric Thomas, an owner of Thomas Produce Market, told The Miami Herald the area around his store was teeming with federal agents.

"There is a ton of guys in uniforms moving around, blocking the streets," Thomas said.

Several terrorism investigations have had south Florida links. Several of the Sept. 11 hijackers lived and trained in the area, including ringleader Mohamed Atta, and several plots by Cuban-Americans against Fidel Castro's government have been based in Miami.

Jose Padilla, a former resident once accused of plotting to detonate a radioactive bomb in the U.S., is charged in Miami with being part of a North American terror cell.

NBC News’ Pete Williams, Jim Popkin, Reuters and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Great, they were Americans. Idiots. :doh:

Not anymore they ain't. They did have something in common, though they have have belonged to some heretical offshoot of Islam, much of the anti-Western/Christian and anti-Jewish hate propaganda is the same.

Not anymore they ain't.

unfortunately they are still Americans but it is a good idea, if you engage in terrorist actions such as trying to blow up the sears building or blow up judges or abortion clinics not only do you goto prision but you become nationless unless some other country picks you up. So when our legal and penal system lets you back loose on society your set a drift at sea cause your no longer able to be here, I have no problem providing the drift wood to the coast gaurd to launch them out 3 miles out.

‘No imminent threat’

An FBI informant infiltrated the group, the sources say, neutralizing the threat. They say it's not clear how much damage the group would have done on its own. They were making plans to purchase bomb-making materials, the officials add.

We really dodged a bullet there!

Thank goodness we busted them before they finalized their explosive-buying plan. They could have easily brought the Sears Tower down...according to the 9/11 comission. For as we now know, a few hundred gallons of keresone (jet fuel) set aflame anywhere on the top third of the building will raze it TO THE FOUNDATION within 90 minutes.

For as we now know, a few hundred gallons of keresone (jet fuel) set aflame anywhere on the top third of the building will raze it TO THE FOUNDATION within 90 minutes.

Well if you include the Jet slamming into the building and taking out 3 of the 4 walls (google CNN video) and load bearing column's. You conveniently forgot that part of course.

Sarcasm is best saved for when you are even slightly accurate. (Kerosene)

http://www.ucg.net/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/day.video.09.html (they play it in SUPER SLO MO, just for you)......

Pay attention now, you see it coming in and hit 1 wall, then you see the other 2 visible wall explode outward. and then just a few "hundred" gallons of jet fuel do the rest.....

Yes, I went and got it for you as you cant seem to be bothered burning a few "calories" and looking it up yourself... which brought you down in less than a few minutes. ;)

Great, they were Americans. Idiots. :doh:

Not idiots man, Muslims. A radical Black Muslim group. People don't seem to understand that the danger is within our borders. Remember, it's not a crime to kill an infidel, it is the path to heaven.........

I'm not saying all Muslim are radicals, but a weak minded person can be changed easily,

god man whats wrong with these people, cant we all just get along?

Oh to 18 again..........................

Well if you include the Jet slamming into the building and taking out 3 of the 4 walls (google CNN video) and load bearing column's. You conveniently forgot that part of course.

Sarcasm is best saved for when you are even slightly accurate. (Kerosene)

http://www.ucg.net/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/day.video.09.html (they play it in SUPER SLO MO, just for you)......

Pay attention now, you see it coming in and hit 1 wall, then you see the other 2 visible wall explode outward. and then just a few "hundred" gallons of jet fuel do the rest.....

Yes, I went and got it for you as you cant seem to be bothered burning a few "calories" and looking it up yourself... which brought you down in less than a few minutes. ;)

Pick your battles.

"Jet Slamming" is immaterial...your 9/11 commission plainly says as much. The towers easily held on impact.Period. Just do me a favor if you can, tell your people...Please re-open the investigation, you know you want to see all the evidence...any real patriot would.

Pick your battles.

"Jet Slamming" is immaterial...your 9/11 commission plainly says as much. The towers easily held on impact.Period. Just do me a favor if you can, tell your people...Please re-open the investigation, you know you want to see all the evidence...any real patriot would.

Able Danger didn't make 9/11 either, the video is self evident...

So after you watched all the angles and then saw the tower fall from the 86th floor down.. ( you didn't watch the videos did you)...

You still personally don't think the walls exploding had anything to do with it???

* notice i'm talking to you not the 9/11 commission *

edit: my 9/11 commission?

"part of a radical Black Muslim group " I hears Anderson Cooper of CNN say this last night as well? Why not just call them a "radical Muslim Group" why say the color "black" when refering to this "radical Muslim" group???

Some would say that CNN and NBC were profiling or being racist with that remark???

Able Danger didn't make 9/11 either, the video is self evident...

So after you watched all the angles and then saw the tower fall from the 86th floor down.. ( you didn't watch the videos did you)...

You still personally don't think the walls exploding had anything to do with it???

* notice i'm talking to you not the 9/11 commission *

edit: my 9/11 commission?

"Able Danger" is not part of my arguement. Concerning the events of Sept 11, 2001...very little is "self-evident" to a skeptic.

If YOU believe that you have seen CONCLUSIVE video evidence of the two tallest (110 stories) buildings (sic) in the world imploding, within 120 minutes, because of kerosene/office equipment fires on the 75/95th floors, then we need not discuss this further.

It (WTC bombing) was big, it was nasty, it was unprecedented, and it cannot happen again. The 9/11 comission report is inconclusive, incomplete, and unacceptable. The more one looks, the more one finds.

Not so bad ass now are they? The world was sleeping and they hit us with 9/11 thanks in large part to Intell agencies not playing nice - now that they have our attention? It's plot detected and broken up, time after time, while their amigos in the home land get blown to bits by marines. We just have to keep focused and not fall asleep again until this violent offshoot of Islam is defeated for good.

We are winning!!! (they should make t-shirts and have americans wear them on july 4th just to piss them off)

Man, that's scary. I won't lie, I always check for anything fishy when I get on the El.

"part of a radical Black Muslim group " I hears Anderson Cooper of CNN say this last night as well? Why not just call them a "radical Muslim Group" why say the color "black" when refering to this "radical Muslim" group???

Some would say that CNN and NBC were profiling or being racist with that remark???

I think they say that because most people think of Middle Easterners when they think of Muslims. They probably would have said "white Muslim group" had that been the case.

Does anyone else think the terrorists are stupid? Their MO is always to blow up some big building. They always get caught before doing so...and it always involves trying to collect massive amounts of explosives in the US.

ummm.... if we always caught them, we wouldn't be missing two buildings in NYC. Hell, they actually bombed the same building twice. They figure if it worked twice, he can work again.

:doh:

ummm.... if we always caught them, we wouldn't be missing two buildings in NYC. Hell, they actually bombed the same building twice. They figure if it worked twice, he can work again.

I meant since 9/11...

Haven't been hit since then and have made significant strides against terror cells.

Man, that's scary. I won't lie, I always check for anything fishy when I get on the El.

I think they say that because most people think of Middle Easterners when they think of Muslims. They probably would have said "white Muslim group" had that been the case.

Middle easterners are not all "black", besides were talking about muslim extremists not middle easterners. There are plenty of asian muslim extremists as well. Its just intresting how this has been reported from news media that tries to be so PC and not offend anyone that is of a minority thats all??

a few answers to your questions:

1. Yes, the vast majority of the Islamofascist terrorists are complete morons (see Richard Reid, the second attack on the London Tube where the bombs didnt' go off, hundreds in Iraq who walk down the street to get picked off by our snipers, Padilla, the Lackawanna 8, the Canadian 17, these dummies in Miami)

2. They state "black Muslims" because some of them have connections to Farrakhan/Nation of Islam/Black Islam offshoots. Meaning they are not Arab, but African Muslims

3. Profiling is also known as "national survival" when trying to fight international terrorism.

4. Anyone who believes that the World Trade Center towers collapsed because the "government" blew them up is a clinical paranoid..

Does anyone else think the terrorists are stupid? Their MO is always to blow up some big building. They always get caught before doing so...and it always involves trying to collect massive amounts of explosives in the US.

Interesting observation (the two Trade Center and the Oklahoma attacks notwithstanding). They could do a lot less and have the same sort of impact. Admittedly, a smaller attack (blowing up a Starbucks) is going to have a much lower impact in the immediate area, but across the country it's going to create ample amounts of disruptive fear.

Archived